The guitar

The Unrelated Family

Luna was concentrating like usual in class listening to the teacher explaining the answer of a question in the textbook. She was listening to it carefully and writing down notes in her book. The time was ticking and most of the students in the classroom were just waiting for that one moment – the sound of the bell. There was five minutes left until class end and when the teacher had finished explaining the answer he asked. “Anyone has questions?” He looked around the classroom to find students looking around as well. Just when the teacher thought everyone understood, but deeply inside he knows the students just want to leave, Luna raised her hand up.

 

“Sir, I don’t understand it.” Luna spoke with a face full of confusion.

 

Everyone in the classroom sighed at Luna’s question. The class made a big noise that Luna did not understand why. Learning is fun. That was what she had in mind.

 

Class finished in time as Luna’s question was not that complicated and once the teacher explained again Luna immediately understood that the teacher did not need to further his explanation. The class cheered for Luna, as she’s known to be the sturdiest student in the class.

 

Luna packed her bag up and ready to head to her club activity. Luna is in the music club, ever since she was young she discovers that she holds a big interest in music and when Victoria encouraged her to work hard in music Luna decided to join the music club.

 

“Let’s go?” Luna’s best friend and classmate IU said and the two walked together to the music club.

 

IU is also a member in the music club; she has a very beautiful voice and plays the guitar well. The two often jam together doing some cover of popular songs. Sometimes Luna feels jealous towards her best friend whom can play the guitar so well. She also want to learn play the guitar but she didn’t have any extra money for lessons nor to purchase a guitar herself to practice.

 

They enter the music clubroom and the club teacher Mr. Henry Lau was already inside waiting chatting with some of the students. Over the year Luna learned that Mr. Lau is an amazing music teacher. He knows how to play the piano, violin, drums and guitar. He can sing and rap well as well as composing music. He is like an all-rounder idea filled with a lot of talents and got a cute face too. Although he is young but he has won many awards already.

 

Luna found a spot and sat down with IU. She looked around the room like she was trying to find someone.

 

“Who are you looking for?” IU asked with a little teasing.

 

“No one.” Luna blushed a little and quickly stops looking around.

 

IU chuckled and she s her guitar bag that has her precious guitar inside. Every student in the club was taking out their instruments and setting it up. But Luna is different since she does not specialise in any instruments she is usually the vocalist. She works around with the club members singing and Mr. Lau would often guide her teaching her some techniques on how to improve.

 

“Luna-ssi.” Mr. Lau called and Luna quickly stood up greeting the music teacher with a bow. “I know you want to learn the guitar but you haven’t got one, so I brought in mine you can borrow it.” Mr. Lau grabbed his acoustic guitar and handing it over to his student.

 

Luna was touched that she almost want to cry. She only mentioned it once casually and she couldn’t believe he remembered it. Luna grabbed the guitar and she looked at Mr. Lau with almost teary eyes.

 

“I trust you with my precious guitar.” Mr. Lau smiled.

 

Henry also provided Luna with some beginner classes on guitar, they were all notes that he prepared and gave them to his student. “If you need any help just call me.” Henry said and walked off to teach another student about the piano. Since there is only one piano in the classroom, the students who specialise in the piano would have to take turns to practice. But some would practice using the keyboard. 

 

The club have individual practice as well as group practice and they often perform for any school events.

 

Luna began reading the notes given by Mr. Lau and she began strumming the guitar according to what it has written on the notes. She was concentrating on her practice when a sudden loud squealing she heard from behind. There it was the person she was looking for earlier – L.Joe. Luna didn’t know when it started but she has a small crush on this pretty boy. It maybe because of one time he performed on stage with his friend C.A.P. the way he raps has caught Luna’s attention. Luna has stop her strumming and her eyes followed where L.Joe went. He sat down at the corner of the room where his friend was and they both chatted happily joking along with the girls in the club. Luna was a little jealous because she had never once spoken to L.Joe before although they have been in the same music club for a year.

 

Luna shook her jealousy thoughts away and return her focus back onto the guitar. She kept strumming and practicing the notes with some help from her friend and the music teacher. Club activity ended so quickly and Luna unwillingly returns the precious guitar to Mr. Lau.

 

“You can take it home and practice some more.” Henry generously offered. Luna was surprised because the guitar was quite expensive since it was branded.

 

“No I can’t this guitar is too expensive what if I broke it?” Luna quickly hands it backs to the teacher, although Henry tried to persuade the girl but Luna can be quite stubborn and she refuse to take the offer.

 

“Alright, I’ll leave this guitar in school and if you want to practice just come to find me.” Henry said and smiled.

 

Luna bid goodbye to her teacher and left the music room. Along the way home she was thinking about how to get a guitar. She even thought of getting a part-time job just so she can earn enough for a guitar.

 

She arrived home and immediately welcomed back by her family members. Sulli and Krystal was sitting in front of the television watching some kiddy cartoons while eating some biscuits.

 

“Unnie! Welcome back!” Sulli greeted with a mouthful of biscuits.

 

“Yah Ssul you’re spilling the biscuit crumbs on me.” Krystal who was lying onto Sulli’s lap immediately jolt up brushing all the biscuit crumbs on her.

 

“Sorreeeh.” Sulli said and purposely spite more crumbs to the youngest girl.

 

“Yah! You wanna die?” Krystal got fed up and held her fist up like she is going to hit Sulli in the face. Sulli just stuck her tongue out not scared of her little sister at all but Krystal just pulled a disgusting face when all she saw were the chewed up mashed biscuits in Sulli’s mouth.

 

“Ewwww….. That’s disgusting!” Krystal slapped the girl and Sulli just laughed.

 

“Hey stop eating so much before dinner umma going to scold you two and you better clean up the mess before umma finds out.” Luna told them off just like an older sister but the two young ones didn’t listen.

 

“It was Ssul who made the mess so she should clean it up.” Krystal pushes the job to Sulli as she is too lazy to move around.

 

“Not fair!” Sulli cried and used her puppy eyes on Luna.

 

Luna isn’t like Amber so the puppy eyes didn’t work on her. “No this is an order from your sister, the two of you will clean the mess up together.” Luna strictly said.

 

The two pouted and then Krystal straightens herself up. “AMBERRRRRR!” She shouted that was so loud even the neighbours can hear. Running from her bedroom Amber came rushing out with a worried expression.

 

“What’s happening?” Amber asked.

 

“Amberrrr Luna unnie is making us to clean this mess up when it was Ssul who made the mess.” Krystal said in her whinny voice hoping the oldest unnie will do her justice.

 

“Don’t Amber unnie, you can’t always spoil them.” Luna warned, as she knows Amber has a soft heart and the two always take an advantage of it.

 

Amber was about to say something but once she heard Luna she swallowed her words. She looks at the two young ones and back to Luna, she stuck in between that neither left nor right she could go.

 

“Unnieeeee!”

 

“Hyunggggg!”

 

The two used 100% of their cuteness hoping that the short hair girl will stand on their side. Amber bit her bottom lip having a hard choice which side she should stand on but in the end she still cannot avoid the maknaes’ cuteness.

 

“Unnie will buy you guys snack tonight if you clean the mess up.” Amber offered hoping that will solve the problem.

 

Luna rolled her eyes in disappointment. She knew her unnie is so whipped by the two young ones.

 

“We get to choose any snacks we want?” Krystal’s eyes lit up and then Sulli’s eyes lit up as well. The two was kneeling up on the couch with glowing eyes.

 

“Y…yes…” Amber nodded. There goes my savings. She sighed mentally.

 

The two jumped up and cheered in excitement. Just a minute ago the two were bickering and now they are working together to clean the mess up.

 

“Unnie I’m disappointed in you.” Luna shook her head and went into her room. Amber heaved in relief and her eyes followed to Luna’s door.

 

“You two should listen to Luna sometimes.” Amber lectured the two and the two jokingly saluted before they continue to clean every bit of biscuits on the couch and floor.

 

Inside the bedroom the first thing Luna did was turn on her laptop. She connects it to the Internet and she began searching for second hand wooden guitars. It was impossible for her to buy a brand new one so she thought a second hand one would be affordable. The pricing wasn’t that shocking but Luna would probably need to work a month or two for it. But the problem was she hasn’t worked before and she doesn’t know what kind of work she can do.

 

While Luna was fussing how she can get a job she heard a knock on the door. Not caring about it she just yelled for the person to come in. The door opened and then closed.

 

“Luna.” Amber called from behind. “Are you mad because I spoil them too much?” She asked obviously knowing the answer.

 

“Yes.” Luna answered straightforwardly. Sometimes she’s jealous how nice Amber treated the two.

 

“Sorry but you know the two are a lot childish than you although they are just a year younger.” Amber explained and sat on Luna’s bed.

 

Luna didn’t turn around and she kept staring at the bright screen of her laptop until she heard a guitar strumming sound. Her ears perked and she quickly turns around to see Amber hugging onto a guitar.

 

“Where did you get that?” Luna excitedly questioned.

 

“I brought it.” Amber answered. “My friend got a new guitar and I know you always wanted a guitar so I asked if he can sell it to me for cheaper.” She smiled brightly and strummed another note.

 

“Unnie you know how to play the guitar?” Luna was surprised never once she heard from Amber that she knows how to play.

 

“Not really, I learned it from a friend when we were hanging out together.” She answered and strummed another note. “Here, I brought it for you.” Amber handed the guitar to Luna.

 

Luna’s eyes widen and she didn’t know how to respond to it. Her eyes were getting teary. Instead of grabbing the guitar Luna immediately got up and hugged her unnie. Amber felt like she is suffocating by Luna’s hug but she didn’t stop the girl. Luna hugged her unnie for a long time and was sobbing leaving a wet patch on Amber’s shirt.

 

After a long moment of sobbing Luna finally moves away, her eyes were red and tears everywhere.

 

“Are you that touched?” Amber raised her brow. She didn’t expect Luna to make such a scene because of a guitar.

 

Luna sniffed and took a deep breath in. She wiped her tears that are clouding her eyes.

 

“Thank you unnie.” She smiled and took the guitar in her hand. 

 

 

------

A/N: Here we have some family love between the 4 sisters and Lunber moment. 

Hope you like it ^^ And thanks for all the comments, I really enjoy reading what you guys think of it. 

You are also welcome to put down any ideas :) 

When I was sitting down thinking about this fic, I think it's challenging for me to see how long I can keep it innocent hahaha...