Be my girl

The Unrelated Family

Amber was that the basketball court again playing basketball with her guy friends after school. Sitting aside was the usual fangirls eye the sweaty guys on the court and some even brought their professional SLR to take high definition photos of them so they can share it online with the other fangirls.

 

The game ended and the disappointed looks on the girls can be clearly seen on their face.

 


“Amber where are your cute sisters?” Taemin asked noticing that Sulli and Krystal haven’t been watching the boyish girl plays basketball recently.

 

“Sulli is busy with her club activities and Krystal… I guess she’s just lazy.” Amber chuckled thinking about the younger girl.

 

“By the way it’s getting crowded around the basketball courts here in school.” Minho wiped his sweat with his towel.

 

“Indeed it has.  It seems more students have started playing basketball and more girls have been hanging around the court too.” Amber look around eyeing students everywhere no wonder Krystal refuses to watch her play basketball.

 

“How about next time we play at the court near my place? It’s a lot less people there.” Taemin suggested and we agreed.

 

 

 

School finished Amber quickly packs her bag heading out the door. Today is another basketball day for her. She just received a message from the basketball group chat that they’ll be playing at the court near Taemin’s place where it’s a lot less people. Amber quickly ran to the bathroom and got changed into her sport wear ready for her game.

 

Meeting the guys outside the school gate they all walked together to the basketball court but unfortunately when they got there a group of boys from another school already taken the court.

 

“Look like the court is taken.” Taemin said in disappointment.

 

There is only one basketball there and every time Taemin walks pass there wouldn’t be anyone there – it’s always empty but somehow not today.

 

It seem one of the guys on the court had heard Taemin’s disappointment and called him. “Hey. Yes you guys there!” The guy with the black cap shouted. “Want to play a game?” He shouted.

 

Taemin was looking at Amber and the other guys. “Sure!” He shouted back once he got the approval from his friends.

 

“Let’s make the game more interesting. Losing team will buy the winning team drinks.” The guy with the black cap suggested and they all agreed.

 

They began playing and the minute it started it became intense. It was no doubt that the guy with the black cap is the best player on the other team but he was also a show off. Sometimes he would pull off some fancy tricks for no reason trying to act cool. Amber doesn’t understand why because there are no girls around the court to watch him. While he is pulling this fancy trick Amber quickly steals the ball, she passes it to Taemin and he did a three point shooter.

 

“Yes!!!” Amber jumped up and down with her team members.

 

The guy with the black cap got a little pissed off and eyed Amber.

 

The match ended with a score of 51 and 54, Amber’s team won by two points thanks to her shooting in a three pointer that made them chased over the other team. It was a tough match but it was luck that they won the match.

 

“You. Over there. You’re pretty good. What’s your name?” The guy in the black cap pointed at Amber.

 

“Thanks. My name is Amber.” Amber answered looking at him weirdly.

 

“That’s a gay name for a guy. Anyways, my name is Jackson. I will remember you.” He said and left.

 

Amber found it weird that Jackson looks like he – blushing?

 

The moment he said that all of Amber’s friend laughed – and laughed really hard.

 

“Hey don’t forget to buy drinks!” Taemin shouted trying to hold his laughter and Jackson just did the okay hand sign as he left to the closest convenient store.

 

 

 

Amber was leaving school from afar she saw her sisters with Taemin, they all laughing so hard.

 

“What are you guys talking about?” Amber asked wanting to join in the fun.

 

“That Jackson guy seems pretty funny.” Luna laughed.

 

It was obvious that Taemin told them the story of what happened the other day at the basketball court. Amber got embarrassed although it wasn’t the first time she got mistaken as a guy but never did she hear someone saying something like that before.

 

As they were still laughing a sudden familiar voice interrupted.

 

“Hey where’s that Amber guy?” The voice grabbed the Taemin and the girls’ attention.

 

Turning his head Taemin found the guy that they were just talking about. “Jackson? Why are you here?” He questioned why the boy would be stepping in his school.

 

“If you’re looking for Amber she’s right here.” Taemin pointed to Amber who was just standing beside them.

 

Jackson thought he heard something wrong or if his Korean has gone worse. He looks to the direction where Taemin pointed and his eyes open wide mouth dropped down. He stepped back a bit exaggerating his shock. “You’re a girl!???” He screamed catching the entire school’s attention. His widen eyes trail from Amber’s face down to her exposed legs and back up to her face. Amber was wearing the female school uniform so it must be true that Amber is a girl.

 

“Yes.” Amber simply answered.

 

“OH MY GOD! I THOUGHT I WAS TURNING GAY.” Jackson shouted in English – luckily not many people understood.

 

Jackson calmed down a little before he approaches Amber. He quickly held onto Amber’s hands bringing it up to his chest. “Amber be my girl.” He said loud and clear shocking the entire school.

 

“Huh?” Amber reacted not knowing how to respond to such sudden confession and it’s the first time from a guy too.