Jealous Jung

The Unrelated Family

Krystal woke up by the quiet shuffling sounds she slowly opened her eyes to adjust to the morning brightness, as she squirms around on the double bed. She flapped her arms like she was searching for a particular someone. She was once again not in her own bed but Amber’s. Since she could remember it has been her habit to snug into Amber’s bed and snuggle with the older girl. And slowly Amber was so used to having the young girl taking over half of her bed.

 

It was the usual routine, as Krystal sat up straight with her messy hair staring blankly at her older sister. Amber was as usual standing in front of the mirror doing her tie and getting ready to school.

 

“Krys get up otherwise you’re going to be late.” Amber said looking at the sleepy girl from the mirror reflection. It seem every time Krystal wakes up Amber would repeat the same words to the young girl.

 

Krystal nodded her head but her body did not move. She sat there as if she’s waiting for Amber to carry her like usual. Amber saw the young girl still sitting, she sighed and turned around facing her. A smile instantly appeared on Krystal’s face and she naturally reached her arms out ready to be carried.

 

“You’re such a big baby.” Amber sighed in defeat.

 

“I’m only a big baby when it comes to you.” Krystal said with a grin on her face.

 

Amber chuckled and shakes her head. She carried Krystal up in bridal style this time surprising the young girl and Krystal let out a yelp – but totally enjoyed the sudden lift. She kicked her legs up in the air and circled her arms around Amber’s neck, as a big smile pasted on her face.

 

The four of them ate breakfast together as usual and today was Luna’s breakfast choice so it was full of healthy ingredients. Though the other three complained at how healthy the breakfast was but they end up finishing their plate. They went to school together travelling on the bus.

 

It didn’t take long till they reach their stop which is just opposite of their school.

 

“Amber!” A voice shouted from behind and before Amber could react to it she was attacked. She felt the sudden weight on her shoulders that shocked her.

 

“Minho? You scared me.” Amber finally saw who it was and slightly pushed the tall boy away from her. Though Minho wasn’t putting his body weight onto Amber anymore but his arm is still wrap around her shoulder as they walk to the school gate.

 

“Hey let’s play basketball after school.” Minho said.

 

“Are you sure you love soccer?” Amber questioned jokingly seeing how Minho is the soccer team captain but he often plays basketball after school with her.

 

“I love soccer but at the same time I enjoy playing basketball with everyone.” Minho answered and smiled.

 

“But I don’t have my P.E. pants today.” Amber remembered. She often has her sport pants in her school bag but she brought it home yesterday for the washing and forgot to bring her spare one today.

 

“You can wear mine.” Minho offered and Amber just nodded.

 

Krystal who was walking with Amber all along suddenly felt left out, as the two kept talking about basketball that she knows nothing of. She eyed the hand that is tightly wrapped around Amber’s shoulder and she felt this suddenly rising bitterness. She stayed quiet until they reached inside the building where they have to go separate ways.

 

“Hmph…” Krystal made a sound and turns the opposite way heading in a different direction from the two.

 

Hearing the sound Amber turns to find Krystal and when she did all she saw was the girl’s back. Amber didn’t know what happened and thought Krystal was just being moody because it’s too early. She just shrugged her shoulders and continued her conversation with Minho.

 

Krystal stomped to her classroom without caring anything. She didn’t notice that Sulli was following her all along.

 

“Soo~ Jung~” Sulli sang and Krystal turned around. Sulli skips her way towards the girl and hook their arms together. “Let’s go together.” She added and pulls the girl to walk along with her. Krystal didn’t say anything and just let the taller girl drag her to the classroom.

 

Krystal went home right after school knowing that Amber is playing basketball with the guys again. Sulli was about to drag the girl to watch her hyung play but Krystal kept refusing. Seeing how she’s going to be alone sitting on the bench Sulli dragged her classmate Jiyoung to the shops after school – it was just too early to be at home.

 

Krystal arrived home and was greeted by air. It was too early and no one was back home yet. She took off her shoes and restlessly kicked it aside not caring that she messed the place up. She dragged her tired body to her room she shared with Sulli and plop herself on the bed. She stared at the ceiling not knowing what she should be doing. Slowly her eyes gotten heavy and closes shutting her brain off.

 

She was waked by the noise of the tall girl’s laughter – it was so loud that Krystal couldn’t miss. Squinting her eyes open the room was dark she then notice she has fallen deep asleep. Stretching her stiffening body Krystal can hear more noises; it was the voices of Luna, Sulli and Amber. She pushed herself up and ready to greet her sisters.

 

“Oh Soojungie you’re home so early?” Luna questioned since she was at club activity after school she didn’t know Krystal was home alone.

 

“Hey Krystal.” Amber greeted the young girl with a cute voice. Her shirt was covered in sweat that Krystal can smell it from a far distance. She looked down at Amber’s legs seeing that she was indeed wearing Minho’s soccer pants. Soccer pants and basketball – weird pairing but it worked.

 

“Are you feeling okay?” Amber was worried, as she noticed how Krystal wasn’t her usual self today. She naturally places her hand on krystal’s shoulder showing her concern.

 

Krystal forced a smile and just nodded her head. “Go to shower you stink.” She joked and pushed Amber’s hand away from her shoulder.

 

“I thought you like my scent.” Amber joked and even teased the young girl more by hugging her tightly around the waist.

 

“Ewww that’s disgusting.” Luna scrunched her nose showing a disgusted look as if she’s the one being hugged.

 

Amber just laughed not caring about the disgusted look from her sisters. All of a sudden the phone is her pocket rang breaking the situation. Amber fished the ringing object inside her pants pocket and answered it.

 

“Minho? Yo wassup?” She answered and slowly parting herself away from the crowd.

 

Krystal sneered at the sight of Amber laughing and smiling while chatting on the phone with Minho.

 

“Gosh they just saw each other.” Krystal silently muttered that only she can hear it and rolled her eyes. Without a word she turns her heels and went straight back to her room slamming the door shut. The door shut with a loud thud causing the two blankly staring at each other wondering what’s wrong with the maknae.

 

“What is wrong with her?” Luna questioned looking at the tall girl to search for an answer.

 

“Maybe she’s having her periods.” Sulli answered shrugging her shoulders before she head followed the direction of Krystal, which is also her room as well.

 

“I don’t understand young kids these days.” Luna sighed shaking her head and she too left to her own bedroom.

 

The sisters didn’t see each other and all stayed in their own bedroom until they heard their umma calling them out. One by one they pop out from their little room – first it was Luna, then Sulli and lastly Krystal.

 

“Where’s Amber?” Victoria asked seeing the missing girl.

 

“Unnie is on the phone.” Luna answered as she have heard the giggles and talk while she walked pass.

 

“Still?” Krystal mumbled. It definitely has been two hours since they started chatting on the phone. Krystal puffed her cheeks and crossed her arms as she parts away from the others.

 

“What’s wrong with Soojungie?” This time Victoria asked. It was obvious that something is wrong with Krystal.

 

“Periods?” Luna answered shrugging her shoulders just like what Sulli did.

 

There was just this aura floating around Krystal that neither of them dares to talk to the maknae and not even the umma. But there is always this one person who just couldn’t read the situation.

 

“What’s wrong Krys?” Amber smiled and ruffled the maknae’s hair seeing she was sitting alone from the rest. Krystal gave Amber a glare and pushed the hand away. Amber was shocked, she looked at the rest of the girls asking what has happened and neither of them could answer her.

 

 

 

The black aura around Krystal has been there over the night causing the family to be afraid of talking to the maknae. After breakfast the four of them travelled to school. During the short bus ride neither of them talked. When they got off Krystal was just walking by herself ignoring the others. Her steps were fast and she was ahead of everyone. The three of them could only silently follow the maknae.

 

“Is she really having her periods?” Luna whispered to the other two.

 

“No. She doesn’t have periods at this time of the month.” Amber answered making Luna to give her a questioning look. Without knowing they have reached to the school building entrance and at the wrong timing a certain person greeted causing the maknae to send out more of her black aura.

 

“Hey Krystal.” Minho greeted who couldn’t sense the black aura floating around Krystal.

 

“What?” Krystal spat and shoots him a death glare that scared the tall boy. Minho was surprised, shocked and couldn’t even utter a word.

 

“Poor thing. Time to recue the poor boy.” Amber muttered and ran to help Minho. Before Krystal can kill Minho off with her glares she was interrupted by Amber’s bear hug.

 

“Hey Krys wanna have ice cream after school? My treat.” Amber asked with a smile on her face. She quickly dragged Krystal walking away from Minho. Being hugged like that by Amber, Krystal immediately forgot everything that has happened that her black aura is slowly fading into dust.

 

Luna walked pass and she pity Minho that she patted the boy’s shoulder to give him some support before walking pass.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” Minho couldn’t understand what he had done to make Krystal to glare at him like that.

 

“Don’t worry she’s just jealous.” Sulli answered comforting the poor boy by giving him a pat on the shoulder.

 

“Jealous of what?” Minho still couldn’t understand.

 

“Obviously of you and Amber.” Sulli said the obvious. She realise that it was only her that saw through the young girl.

 

“It’s not like they are lovers.”

 

“They share this caring feeling towards each other just like lovers and not even us can intrude.”

 

Though Sulli is always a blur but this is the only thing that she was the only one who saw through it clearly – not even Victoria saw it.

 

Sulli watched her two siblings disappearing from her sight.

 

----

A/N: I know you all are waiting for some Kryber moments and good thing was I got this chapter up and ready to post at anytime.