Reaching Out To You

The Unrelated Family

Just like the usual week, Luna entered the music room ready to enjoy her favorite time which is her club activity. She was humming to her favorite song along the way to the club room and once she opened the door she immediately spotted L.Joe at his usual spot. He was alone and their eyes meet. Luna shyly smiled at him and quickly avoids anymore eye contact. She was afraid that her face will go bright red if she looks at him for another second. She went to her usual spot and sat down.

 

“Don’t you think Luna is kind of pretty? I never really took notice until I saw photos online.” A male student whispered to his friend in the back corner.

 

“She is and she has an amazing body too.” The friend answered and gave off a erted look.

 

L.Joe was close to the boys that he heard everything clearly. He pulled an annoyed face and frowned at the comment.

 

After the family has been revealed to the public, the daughters of Chef Song have become popular though most of the attention was focus on the eldest daughter because of her unique style. Luna got more attention than she did in the past. In the past people would only think of her as intelligent, hard working and ones who obey the rules. But ever since then the students have seen Luna a little different, they began to see Luna’s beauty and her kind hearted towards people. And of course some guys began to take notice of Luna’s petite body and figure.

 

“Hey your girl is a hot topic these days.” CAP walked in the club room taking a seat beside the annoyed L.Joe.

 

“She’s not my girl.” L.Joe replied in annoyance.

 

“Well she will be. She totally has a crush on you bro and you’re interested in her. I don’t understand why you two aren’t together yet.” CAP pointed out and only to receive a kick from his friend.

 

“OUCH!” He screamed quite loudly earning the attention of the other students and Luna was one of them. Luna turned her head around and the two eyes connected for a second before L.Joe coolly grabbed his book trying to hide his shyness.

 

L.Joe knows what his friend said was true, he knew by the way Luna acted that she has a crush on him. Actually he notice it long time ago but he wasn’t sure about it until CAP told him about her sisters trying to dig his information.

 

He can still remember the first time he took notice in Luna. During the first year when they just joined the music club. Luna was always so cheerful and listens well to the music teacher but that’s the thing that annoyed L.Joe. He finds Luna annoying and always thought that this girl is trying to up to the music teacher. He was just glad that he’s not in any class with her. But his thoughts changed during the second year when the club was preparing for a school festival performance. Luna and her friend IU was the lucky ones that got chosen by the music teacher to perform. The two decided to sing to a lovely ballad song where IU plays the guitar and backup vocal while Luna sings.

 

L.Joe was walking to the club room when he realizes he forgot his notebook on the desk. As he walks closer to the room he heard soft of guitar and when he walked closer the sound of guitar gotten louder. When he reached just outside of the club room he heard a melodic voice singing so gracefully. The voice sounded so heavenly and immediately L.Joe was addicted to it. Peeking through the little window on the door, L.Joe was surprised to see that this angelic voice came from the annoying girl. He watched carefully as Luna had her eyes closed and fully immersed in her singing. At this moment Luna looked so attractive in L.Joe’s eyes that he didn’t notice he stood there until they have finished practicing the song. Fearing that he would be spotted he quickly turn around and left not caring about his notebook that’s filled with scribbles of his lyrics.

 

 

 

L.Joe was walking to the cafeteria to grab some food, instead of the shortcut path he decides to take the long way which will pass by Luna’s classroom. He walk pass Luna’s classroom and his eyes landed on the cheerful girl who is slightly surrounded by some guys. Luna was smiling so happy and talking with them while eating her lunch. He speed up his pace and quickly walked pass the classroom towards the cafeteria.

 

Just when L.Joe walk passed Luna happens to spot him, her smile instantly spread wide across her face and she was about to run towards the boy but unfortunately he disappeared so fast that Luna lost sight of him before she even got up from her seat. Luna was a little disappointed but quickly covers it up with a smile.

 

Luna is smart and she did notice the little attention she received especially from the boys. More boys has approached her and asked to be her friend. Being the kind hearted, Luna didn’t refuse as they were only asking to be friends not like they asked her out.

 

“Luna, do you want to hang out together with us?” The boys asked in front of the school gate. Luna only met them a few days ago when one of the boys in the group came up to her and asked to be friends. They met a couple of times inside of school and exchanged a few words but Luna wasn’t close with them at all.

 

“I’m meeting with my sisters.” Luna kindly refused but mentioning the sisters only got the boys hyped up.

 

“Tell your sisters to join us too.” One of them said with excitement. There was nobody who doesn’t know the Chef Song’s family in this school.

 

“That’s right. We love to know your sisters too.” Another boy said with a wide smile pasted on his face.

 

Luna awkwardly stands there not knowing how to respond. Meeting with her sisters was only an excuse but she didn’t think it would attract their attentions.

 

“How about I introduce you to my sister?” A voice suddenly was heard and the excitement of the boys immediately disappeared. L.Joe was standing beside Luna with a fierce face staring at them. The boys got a little scared and knowing L.Joe doesn’t have such a good reputation they immediately took leave.

 

“We got to leave. See you around Luna-ssi.” The boys waved and hurriedly left.

 

“Thanks.” Luna shyly thanked her saver.

 

The both of them blushed and quickly avoid any eye contact. It was beginning to get awkward and L.Joe cleared his voice.

 

“You’re meeting your sisters so I’ll… leave now.” He said and cleared his throat again. When he was about to turn around and leave he heard Luna’s voice.

 

“Wait.” Luna shouted in a hurry. “Hmm… it was an excuse that I’m meeting my sisters.” She said softly but enough to be heard.

 

A little joy bloomed inside of L.Joe. “I’ll walk you home.” He said keeping his coolly image. Luna nodded her head shyly and the two walked together.

 

The walk was long but neither of them complained. Instead they were enjoying the long walk to Luna’s place. Once again the two walked together in silent without exchanging a word and just enjoying being next to each other. But good moments seem short as they have already reached in front of the apartment building.

 

“Thanks for walking me home.” Luna thanked and gave her crush a bow.

 

“It’s okay.” L.Joe muttered. His hands fidgeting and in the end he just stick them in his pants pockets. The two just stood there awkwardly until it became too awkward.

 

“I should go in.” Luna said and turns around.

 

L.Joe panicked a little that he reacted before even thinking. He reached his hand out and grabbed Luna by the elbow. Luna was taken aback by the sudden contact and her heart raced  at the physical touch.

 

“Sorry.” L.Joe apologized and released his grip.

 

“Can…I… have your phone number?” He muttered really softly that was barely audible for Luna to hear. He was embarrassed, for his entire life he acted so coolly and right now he was like a shy boy.

 

“What did you say?” Luna asked.

 

“What’s your phone number?” The boy finally plucked up his courage and asked for Luna’s phone number. It was his first time in his entire life to ask for a girl’s phone number and he couldn’t help but to feel nervous.

 

A wide smile spread across Luna’s smile showing her white pearling teeth. The smile was angelic and captured L.Joe’s heart.

 

“Of course.”

 

-----

A/N: I am still alive though f(x) is dead :D