Dancing Queens

The Unrelated Family

It was the weekend and every one of her friends is sleeping in except for the poor girl who is awake in the morning. Amber yawned and stretched her arms out taking a short break from her work.

 

Amber started working in this pizza shop a year ago when she suddenly thought she should start saving up some money just in case her umma suddenly found a man and get married to start her own ‘real’ family. Being the oldest Amber has to take care of her little sisters too and with that in mind no matter how tired she is thinking about them would motivate her.

 

Amber yawned again.

 

“Didn’t have enough sleep last night?” The boy said who is working with Amber for almost four months. It was a coincident that the boy is also attending the same school as Amber and a friend of Luna’s crush – CAP.

 

“I was studying last night.” Amber answered and yawned again.

 

“Aren’t you going to consider taking a break from work to focus on your studies? You are in your third year and going to graduate soon.” He said a little concerned about the girl.

 

“Well I need money.” Amber answered simply and continued to work making the pizza.

 

“Your mother is a popular star I don’t understand why you need money so badly.” CAP questioned. It wasn’t a secret to the entire school that the well-known Chef Song is the mother of Amber, Luna, Krystal and Sulli. Though they have a well-kwon and pretty mother but the students didn’t look at them differently.

 

Amber didn’t answer and just shrugged her shoulders.

 

After making the twentieth pizza Amber finally took a break. She lean against the wall and took off her gloves taking a deep breathe in.

 

“Hey wanna go deliver this?” The boy asked, giving Amber the chance to sneak out for a break. Usually Amber doesn’t do delivery but since the manager is absent today it means freedom.

 

“You know I don’t have a license.” Amber looked back at the boy.

 

“It’s just across the road.” The boy said walking closer and shoving the order paper towards the girl.

 

“Fine.” Amber took a look at the paper and smiled.

 

She packed the five pizzas in separate boxes and put them in the bag. It was heavy but good thing was Amber was strong enough. She grabbed the moneybag and the heavy pizzas heading out to the destination place. She carried the pizza bag with two hands walking across the road.

 

It was a short distance but then she realise it was horror. She took a lot at the long narrow staircase. She mentally cursed at the boy for giving her the delivery. Taking a deep breath Amber lifted the boxes of pizza and step up the horror staircase. The delivery place was on the fifth floor and there was no lifts or anything – only one long narrow staircase.

 

Weakly walking up the stairs Amber finally reached the fifth floor. She can feel her knees going jelly and about to collapse. She mentally thanked God that she survived.

 

The delivery place was a small café with a bright lighting sign hanging at the entrance – “The Soshi Café” was what it written. Being around the area for so long Amber had never heard of this café before. Straightening her back and picked up the pizza bag Amber entered the café. Once she step inside it felt like a whole different world.

 

“What is going on here?” Amber whispered seeing the sight of girls dressed in coloured skinny pants and dancing singing around the café.

 

Though the nine girls at the café noticed Amber standing there frozen but it didn’t make them stop. They naturally move towards the frozen girl dancing and singing around her. Amber sweated not knowing what was happening so she just stood there watching them with confused eyes.

 

After a good two minutes of dancing and singing and being circled by nine beautiful girls the song finally stopped. All the girls froze on the stop with an ending pose. Amber stood there awkwardly and she finally uttered a word.

 

“Pizza… delivery…” She muttered while looking around.

 

It was then the nine girls unfrozen themselves and gathered around the delivery. The sudden closeness scared Amber but she got nowhere to move so she just stood there.

 

“Pizza!” The tallest girl squealed and quickly snatched the pizza bag from Amber’s hands.

 

Then a shorter girl with pale white skin spoke. “Sorry, how much is it?”

 

Amber was still stunned and couldn’t talk so the girl just took the bill that Amber was holding.

 

“I don’t need the change.” She said placing the money in Amber’s hand.

 

By the time Amber woke up from the shock she quietly left and before leaving she took another look at the mystery girls. They were all gathered on the table eating the pizzas that Amber delivered.

 

Walking down the narrow staircase wasn’t as tiring as walking up and in no time Amber has reached the ground floor.

 

Mindlessly Amber walked back to the shop.

 

“What happened to you?” The boy questioned seeing how Amber is so out of it.

 

“I don’t know, I think I just went to an entire new world.” Amber muttered and walked back inside still holding the money in her hand.

 

The nine mystery girls had occupied Amber’s mind for the rest of the day. She was tempted to visit the café once again and to see the beautiful girls again. She doesn’t know why but her heart wants to visit the café again. 

 

-----

A/N: Random, but Merry Christmas everyone!

So the person in the previous chapter (Chapter 9) about the one who called Amber was CAP - L.Joe's friend who was mentioned in Chapter 3.