Feeling lonely

The Unrelated Family

A/N: Hi here is another update. It is sooner than I expected.

I assumed everyone has already watched 4 walls comeback stages?? Y'know I still can't get over how awesome the live dance was, it was PERFECT!!!!

Okay for this fic I actually had a lot in mind its just i need to get them down in words so please patiently wait for it and definitely Kryber relationship will progress (but it will take chapters time) :DDD

 

Soojung sighed for the nth times. Supposedly finishing the day for school is something she is happy about, she get to spend time with her sisters fooling around but at this moment she felt kind of lonely. She was going back home alone since Amber has her part-time work, Luna and Sulli have their club activity which left Soojung alone. She was about to head to her bus stop but suddenly thought nobody will be home why go back? Instead she walked the opposite way and decided to treat herself something yummy.

 

She kept walking and walking then suddenly this new cafe caught her attention. She read the sign '4 Walls' is what the cafe is named. She finds it interesting and walked in. The design is very unique and gives off a calming feeling, a feeling that makes customer wants to order something and sit down.

 

Soojung was attracted to the set of cakes displayed on the counter. Her mind went muddle up as she cannot decide what to order. She stood there for a good 2 minutes before she finally decided on the one.

 

“Blueberry cheese cake please.” She said and at the same time she heard another voice ordering the same cake. She looked up and to her surprise it was someone she knew.

 

“Ms Jung.” Soojung was surprised to see the English teacher outside of school grounds.

 

“Ah Soojung-sshi.” The teacher was too surprised.

 

“How do you know my name? I'm not one of your students.” It doesn't seem like Soojung has lost her memory, she clearly remembers she isn't in any of her classes.

 

“Don't you know you and your sisters are quite well known in the school?” Jessica smiled and there was no need to further answer why she knows her name.

 

For some odd reason Ms Jung ends up paying for 2 blueberry cheese cakes and they both sat together. It was the first time Soojung ever talked to Ms Jung and she felt extremely awkward to be sitting down together at the same table. So awkward that she just bobbed her head down and ate her cake quietly.

 

“How come you're here alone? Where are your sisters?” Jessica asked breaking the awkward silence.

 

“They are all busy.” Soojung didn't said much and continued eating. This is just how Jung Soojung is normally like when facing people she is not familiar with while with people she is close with she can be a totally chit-chatter.

 

At the same time Jessica also isn't good with this kind of situation but she tried herself to make it less awkward by initiating the talk.

 

“I'm a big fan of your umma. I always watch her cooking show.” Jessica said which is not a lie, she is a fan but a failed fan because every time she tried cooking the food by following Victoria's show it always end up being a failed.

 

“Thanks. I will let her know that.” Soojung softly smiled and continued eating her cake. Before the teacher can think of something to talk about Soojung already finished her cake.

 

“Thanks Ms Jung for the treat.” Soojung bowed and left the cafe in a hurry as she try to escape out of this awkwardness. She walked out the cafe and wished she could enjoy more of this cafe that she finds interesting but too bad she was in a rush to leave.

 

Soojung find it odd how the teacher who she never spoke to at school insisted buying her a cake and to have it together. But whatever, at least she didn't have to pay for anything just only need to bare with the awkwardness.

 

Soojung went home afterward and slowly as time passes Luna and Sulli also came back from their club activities. Once Sulli got home she began ranting what happened at the drama club, she showed Soojung some photos of the costume they designed for their drama play and laughed when she showed the boys being the usual diva posing in front of camera. Sulli continued to talk about their upcoming plans for the new drama play and going to be a lot busier.

 

Luna came back a little later than usual because of their singing practice.

 

“Unnie you're late today.” Soojung asked once seeing Luna entered.

 

“There's going to be a performance next week so I'm devoting all my spare time to practice.” Luna told her younger sister while pouring herself a large cup of water.

 

Everyone is busy and Soojung felt kind of lonely. It makes her think whether if she should join a club and get herself busy as well.

 

Amber got back late from her part-time work. She was holding a pizza box in one hand while eating a slice of pizza on the other hand.

 

“Pizza again for dinner?” Soojung eyed the pizza box.

 

“Can't help it, all I have at work is pizza and I was starving.” Amber answered and put the box down on the dining table. “Want to have some?” She offered.

 

Soojung walk up to Amber and took the smallest slice. She ate the slice silently which was unusual because whenever Soojung is with Amber will become the talkative one.

 

“What is wrong my little princess?” Amber questioned. She knew by the look there is something bothering the young girl.

 

“Nothing, just that everyone is getting busy while I'm the one with a lot of time in hand, it feels kind of lonely.” Soojung confess with a sad face.

 

“How about joining a club? You used to be in the athletic club in elementary school and was the top out of all.” Amber still remembers how she sometimes watch Soojung's practice in school and the matches she participated. She remember the big smile of the little girl when she showed the gold medals that she won from her school's sport carnival.

 

“You know the reason why I quitted.” Soojung reminded.

 

“You can always try something new, you exceed in anything so I'm sure you will do good in everything.” Amber praised the young girl. Soojung just smiled and giving Amber a I-will-think-about-it look.

 

 

 

It was another day where Soojung was alone again. All her sisters are busy and Amber was busy studying for her mock exam, as it's important to her since she'll be graduating this year and of course Soojung doesn't want to bother her.

 

Aimlessly she walked around and came to the cafe 4 Walls again. This cafe gives her a different kind of vibe that makes her want to enter even though she doesn't feel like anything. While she was looking at the menu once again she bump into Ms Jung. Again like last time Ms Jung insist treating Soojung something and Soojung didn't bother to refuse – the girl had a few penny with her.

 

“What a coincident we meet again in the same cafe.” Jessica starts off the conversation. Soojung just smiled and didn't respond. She was twirling her spoon mixing her ice chocolate. “You don't look very happy.” Jessica asked seeing the bored face of her student.

 

“I just feel... everyone around me is busy except me.” Soojung don't usually tell her inner feelings to people easily but somehow the smile from Ms Jung gives off a warm feeling – it must be because they share the same surname.

 

“Ah I had that feeling before.” Ms Jung chuckled thinking of her days in America.

 

Soojung's head shot up hearing that. “What did you do to make this feeling go away?”

 

“It's simple. I made myself busy.” Jessica smiled. “I joined a dance club although I wasn't good at it but I had fun and made new friends.”

 

“Should I also join a club too?” Soojung asked but it was rather a question for herself.

 

“But you should join a club that you are interested in otherwise you won't feel committed to it.” Jessica gave the advise to the young confused girl.

 

In the next few days Soojung thought thoroughly about joining a club at school. She looked at the list of club activities at school and none of them really interest her. She thought of joining the music club since she used to learn the piano a few years ago, the reason she stopped going is because of the tutoring fee at that time their family was having financial difficulties and she cannot give more burden to Umma. But at the same time music probably not what Soojung wants, she wanted to do something fun yet new to her.

 

“Have you decided on the club to join?” Amber asked as the two going home together.

 

Seeing how Soojung didn't respond Amber knew the answer so she tried to cheer the young girl up.

 

“Let's go eat something, my treat.” Amber smiled knowing this will cheer the girl up at least a little.

 

They ended going to a food court inside a shopping centre and from the food court they can see the ice rink that is on the bottom level. There are kids skating and some practising their figure skating moves. While waiting for the food to arrive Soojung just sat there and stared at the kids skating. It looked interesting and challenging to be able to move freely on ice. There was one particular girl in the rink that caught Soojung's eyes. Her spin and jumps was beautifully done.

 

“What are you looking at?” Amber's voice caught Soojung's attention. Her eyes move away from the ice rink and finally eyed the food in front of her.

 

“Nothing, it looks interesting.” Soojung casually answered.

 

Amber sticks her head out and took a peek at the bottom level. “Ice skating... Looks fun. Let's go play after we eat.” Amber smiled and took a big bite of her burger.

 

They finished the food and Amber dragged the young girl down to the ice rink. Amber paid for the entry fee and collected the skates from the counter. Soojung stood there and looked around. She has watched a few times of the people skating when she ate at the food court but this is the first time that caught her attention. She kept looking at the young girl that caught her attention, she stared at how she kept repeating the same jump and same spin, suddenly she felt that it shouldn't be too hard.

 

Soojung saw the sign that there is a club in this ice rink and you can learn ice skating and if interested there is also figure skating lesson. She took the chance to ask when Amber was in the bathroom to gather some information.

 

“Let's go?” Amber said after going to the bathroom.

 

A few days later after a good thinking and going on Youtube to watch Kin Yuna performances Soojung was more interested in figure skating than ever. It's not like she aims to be an Olympian or something but she just want to do something she is interested in. So she took the chance to ask for her umma's permission which shouldn't be an issue.

 

“Umma can I join the ice skating club?” She asked after dinner while the rest of the family was doing their own things until they heard Soojung's voice which surprised everyone other than Amber.