The abandon child

The Unrelated Family

N/A: Long time no update so here it is :D 

“Vic unnie, can we eat hamburgers for dinner?” Amber was jumping up and down on the street while Victoria was shaking her head with a smile.

 

“Are you from America? Why do you love hamburgers so much?” Victoria joked but she did think maybe Amber’s parents are from America since she have an English name.

 

“Hamburgers are more delicious.” Amber grinned.

 

It’s only been a week since Victoria has officially taken Amber home and taken care of the lost child. Although it was tough but Victoria enjoyed everyday of her life with Amber’s company. She treated Amber like her own child, taking care of her and providing her education. Though Amber thought it wasn’t a good thing but she got nowhere to go and she really love Victoria.

 

“Then I will make you hamburgers tonight.” Victoria held Amber’s hand as they enter the super market.

 

“I can walk by myself. I’m a big girl.” Amber struggles out of Victoria’s hold, as she’s blushing hard and not used to physical contacts. Victoria just chuckle as she finds Amber really cute.

 

Amber was pushing the shopping trolley while following Victoria who is beside her. She was looking around and saw snacks she really want to eat but she restrain herself. She doesn’t want to be a burden to Victoria who is treating her so nicely.

 

“Amber do you want that?” Victoria asked seeing how Amber kept staring at that package of chocolates.

 

“No.” Amber shakes her head and quickly looks away.

 

Victoria smiled, the kid doesn’t know how to lie, she grabs the package of chocolate that Amber was staring at and puts it in the trolley.

 

“I want to eat this.” She added making sure the words are delivered to the kid.

 

As they are shopping for meat Amber heard someone crying loudly, she looks around and found a little girl sitting on the floor crying.

 

“Hey why are you crying?” Amber asked, standing in front of the crying girl. She doesn’t know what to do but somehow she wants to cheer the little girl up.

 

“Umma!!” The little girl cried louder causing all eyes on them. Amber felt embarrassed as it looks like she was bullying the little girl.

 

“Hey don’t cry.” Amber panicked.

 

“What happened Amber?” Victoria came when she notice Amber was missing.

 

“I didn’t make her cry.” Amber quickly explained with an innocent face.

 

“UMMA!” The little girl cried again.

 

“Come here, let’s go find your umma.” Victoria hushed and carried the little girl in her arms. The three of them went to a staff at the supermarket to ask if they can announce if anyone is missing a child.

 

The staff announced through the microphone but after waiting there for an hour no one came.

 

“Vic unnie I’m hungry.” Amber mumbled while they sat there waiting. The little girl also stopped crying and her stomach grumbled.

 

Victoria couldn’t just leave the lost child alone, she gave a note to the staff letting them know if anyone comes to find this child they will need to contact her.

 

“What is your name?” Victoria asked looking at the lost child.

 

“Soojung.” The little girl muttered.

 

“Annyeong Soojung, I’m Victoria and this is Amber. Your mother will come shortly so why don’t we go back to my place first and eat?” Victoria gently said and Soojung just nodded her head.

 

The three end up going home together.

 

“Amber, take care of Soojung while I cook.” Victoria said.

 

Amber nodded and took hold of Soojung’s little hand and taking her to her room. She got a set of her own clothes that is a little too big for the little girl.

 

“This shirt will do.” Amber took out a shirt of hers and measures the length that fits perfectly like a dress. She then drag Soojung to the bathroom and gave her a towel.

 

“You need to bath first.” Amber said and shoves the shirt and towel to the little girl.

 

Soojung just stood there blankly like she doesn’t understand. “I…don’t know how.” She mumbled and was about to cry again.

 

Amber began to panicked she doesn’t like it when people cry. “Then let’s take a bath together.” She shouted and Soojung immediately stop crying.

 

“How can a boy take a bath with a girl?” The little innocent girl cried.

 

“I’m a girl.” Amber muttered. She walks over to the bathtub and turns the tap on.

 

In the end the two shyly took a bath together and as the older girl Amber took care of Soojung without the help of Victoria. The two finished bathing and looking fresh, once they leave the bathroom they can smell the delicious food. Two hamburgers are placed on a place with a cup of coke next to it.

 

“YUM!” Amber shouted with excitement and quickly jumps on the chair eating her burger.

 

Soojung slowly walk to the dining table and climbed up the chair herself. Seeing how Amber ate so deliciously she also picked up the hamburger and took a big bite. Soon the little girl quietly ate the entire burger with leaving any bits behind.

 

It was getting late and the kids need to be sleeping.

 

“Amber can Soojung sleep with you tonight? We don’t have an extra bed.” Victoria asked and because this was Victoria who asked Amber can only say yes even though she rather sleep on the floor.

 

Amber held Soojung’s hand and led her to her room. Once the door shuts Amber let go of Soojung’s hand.

 

“You can sleep on my bed and I’ll sleep on the floor.” Amber said and quickly grabbed a pillow and a blanket placing on the floor beside the bed.

 

Soojung didn’t say a word and just climbed on the bed tucking herself under the blanket. Seeing how Soojung so quiet Amber assumed she fell asleep already and switch off the light. Amber also comfortably laid on the floor, to be honest it wasn’t comfortable at all but she’s used to sleeping on hard surface.

 

Suddenly Amber eyes opened wide. She faintly heard sobbing noises and it was none other than the little girl who buried herself under the blanket. Amber panicked, she doesn’t like people crying and she quickly stood up checking Soojung.

 

“Why are you crying?” Amber asked not knowing what to do.

 

Soojung pop her head out and the crying noise became louder. “I want umma!” She cried, tears all over her pretty face.

 

“You’re going to wake the entire neighbourhood if you cry this loud.” Amber didn’t know what to do. Then she remember that whenever she said a kid cry the mother would always hug them so she climbed on the bed hugging the little girl.

 

“Don’t cry. Unnie is here.” She hushed the little girl. Though Soojung continued to cry but after awhile she finally quiet down and fell asleep in Amber’s arms.

 

It’s been a month since Soojung has lived with Victoria and Amber. Soojung is now more comfortable with them but at night she still cries and misses her umma.

 

“What should we do?” Amber asked while looking at the adorable Soojung eating fried rice.

 

“I guess you’ll have a little sister.” Victoria smiled weakly.