Breakfast

The Unrelated Family

*Beep! Beep!*

 

The alarm clock rattles and rang loudly on the nightstand table waking the girl spawned widely on the double bed. Amber was only a metre away from the alarm clock but she just ignored it leaving the clock to continue ringing. She turns back facing the full body length mirror and concentrate on tying her school tie. The lying body on the double bed squirmed under the blanket pulling it over her head but knowing that it won’t help at all she jolt in frustration and slam her palm on the stop button. Her long hair was messed up, strain of hairs covering her beauty face, she stretches her arms out and brush her hair in between her fingers removing the hair off her face.

 

“Krys go get ready otherwise umma going to scold you again.” Amber said and tightens her tie around her collar.

 

Krystal stayed in the same sitting position staring at Amber like she was waiting for Amber to look over at her. The silent finally caught Amber’s attention, she sighed knowing the usual Krystal. Krystal pouted and gave Amber puppy eyes as she spread her arms out. Amber was defeated by Krystal’s child-like expression, she step over to Krystal and she faces her back to the girl bending down. A smile immediately appeared on Krystal’s face and she hope on to Amber’s back.

 

Why are you so lazy? Amber sighed.

 

She carried the lazy girl to the bathroom that was already occupied by another family member.

 

Standing in front of the sink was a tall girl with shoulder length hair. She was brushing her teeth and her hair was tied up in a cute ponytail.

 

“Hyung!” Ssul happily greeted Amber with a bright smile. “Did Soojung fell asleep on your bed again last night?” Sulli asked knowing that Krystal does this so often. Amber squat down and let the girl on her back to drop.

 

“Hyung I’m jealous why does Soojung always get carried?” Sulli pouted in a joking manner.

 

“Because you’re taller and heavier than me. “ Amber teased and ruffles the girl’s hair making her cute ponytail a mess.

 

“Move it Ssul.” Before Sulli could fight back Krystal used her to push the taller girl away from the sink area.

 

“Hey I’m still using it.” Sulli butted back and the two continued repeating the same thing while Krystal brushes her teeth. Seeing the two bickering again Amber quietly left the bathroom, she still needs to wear her uniform and pack her school bag.

 

Amber walked back to her room, she put on her grey pleaded skirt that she really dislike wearing but had no choice and dark blue blazer. She had already stacked the books she’ll need for today’s classes on her desk and she grabbed the stack shoving them in her black backpack. Seeing how there is still time left she tidy her room a little folding the blanket and fixing the dolls and pillows on her bed. Everyone was done and the voice of the mother was still not heard yet. Like usual she enters the two maknaes’ room - Sulli and Krystal’s room. She sighed seeing how messy the room is, books and clothes everywhere and the bed was a mess. She knew the two young ones would take a long time in the bathroom so she decides to pack their bags for them. Their class schedule was pinned on the board in front of their desk, she looks at it closely and grabbed the books that they would need before packing them in their school bags. By the time Amber finished doing that the two walked in together laughing.

 

“Thank you hyung!” Sulli hugged from behind squishing Amber in between her two arms. Krystal then joins in the hug wrapping her arms around Sulli and Amber. “Thanks Amber!” She muttered.

 

“Hurry up otherwise umma going to scold you two.” Amber broke the hug and ruffles the two youngsters’ hair.

 

“Yah! I just straighten my hair.” Krystal pouted and smacked Amber’s hand away. Amber laughed, she was going to mess her hair more but she stopped hearing the voice of their umma.

 

“Amber come eat your breakfast. Ssul, Soojungie dress up quickly otherwise you won’t have your breakfast.” Victoria pointed at each one of them with a strict voice. Amber stuck her tongue out teasing the two girls before she left for her delicious breakfast from the famous chef.

 

“Amber unnie you got to spot spoiling the two.” Luna said when she sees the older girl sitting down at her usual spot. It is not a secret in the family that Amber often spoil the two maknaes treating them like little princesses, it was also the reason why the two aren’t scared of her and would often . But Amber just couldn’t help it, she would spoil Luna too but Luna is far more independent compare the Sulli and Krystal.

 

“Yum! My favourite blueberry muffins.” Amber avoid answering Luna’s question and reach out to grab her favourite muffin. Amber buried her head down eating her muffin avoiding the look from Luna.

 

Luna sighed deeply. This llama cannot be helped.

 

The two young ones was making so much fuss and noises that was loud enough to be heard by everyone else.

 

“Yah kids! If I count to three and you haven’t come out, no breakfast!” Victoria shouted using her power and threating her kids by food that for sure will always work.

 

“ONE!” Victoria began her counting and the next millisecond the two girls ran out the bedroom towards their seat at the dining table. Sulli was all dressed up in her uniform and she even put on a cute pink headband while Krystal was still tying her tie but she totally abandoned it when she saw food.

 

“Umma where’s the meat?” Krystal complained, she saw muffins, pancakes and croissants on the table, they were all very delicious looking but she would much prefer some meat on the table.

 

“No complain Soojung, today’s is Amber’s breakfast menu. Yours is tomorrow.” Victoria said and handed the glass of orange juices to each of them except for Luna who already had hers.

 

“All your fault.” Krystal mutters, she grabs a muffin and kicked Amber’s leg under the table.

 

Amber yelped at the pain that she almost choked on her muffin. She turns her head to glare at the girl sitting beside her only to see Krystal showing a I-don’t-care expression.

 

“Umma I want steak sandwich for tomorrow’s breakfast.” Krystal requested out of the blue.

 

It was a rule in the family, set by the great chef Victoria, that each of them can request a breakfast menu on one day in the week and the other days are Victoria’s choice. Amber loves to request for floury stuff like pancakes, muffins, croissants, and waffles. Luna loves requesting the traditional breakfast like scramble eggs, sunny side eggs, bacons, and sausages along with some fruits. Sulli is the random one, she would request anything that pops up in her mind no matter how non-breakfast it sounds, once she requested chocolate fondue for breakfast. And as for Krystal it is always beef related, the outrages time was when she requested for a BBQ.  Because Victoria has promised to her kids so no matter how ridiculous the request was she would prepare for them.

 

“Beef again?” Amber sighed. “You know my stomach can’t digest such heavy meal in the morning.”

 

“Too bad it’s my breakfast day tomorrow.” Krystal stuck her tongue out before she continues eating her breakfast ignoring the pleading look on Amber.

 

“Don’t worry Amber, I’ll cut the beef into thin slices for you.” Victoria said and it quickly brightens Amber up.

 

“Thanks umma! You’re the best!” Amber smiled and took a big bite of her croissant. 

 

----

A/N: First chapter how was it? I'm trying to add in some sense of humor but I don't know if it's working.

But I hope you have a fun read.