Closer

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Monday will never be my favourite day of the week. However, ever since being in a relationship with Luhan, Monday has become my favourite day. For it's when I get to see him again after the weekends. He doesn't come to my house these days. It seems that he is getting busier, but we still managed to talk frequently. Though he's not by my side, I could feel his presence just by hearing his voice. 

" Yah-UNNI-" My sister barged into my room greeting me with both her hands holding an apple and my school uniform on the other. Her annoyed expression quickly turned into a surprised one as she saw me already in front of my vanity, preparing to go to school. 

" UNNIE! Are you okay? Oh my god-" She threw my freshly laundered clothes on my bed and cover , making the situation seems more exagerated than it is." I'm going to tell mom about this! You're not my unnie! Heol.."

With that, she quickly runs down to tell everyone in the house.

Dramatic. I thought. But then, it's understandable. As I think deeper, it makes sense. When have I ever wake up early, with my own effort, on freaking Monday? The thought of it earns a chuckle from you, and you know the exact reason why.

You skiddled your way to the kitchen to have breakfast. Which did earn a good amount of attention from your family members. You have always been the chirpy ones, but heck not on Monday! Your dad sense this and look at your mom, which obviously aware of what is happening. She could only smile as she is happy for you. 

She has always liked Luhan.

 

After having a hearty home made meal made by your mom, you proceeded to the bus stop to get to the next destination. You walked down the street under the blue sky that instantly boosted your mood. The sun warms your skin in the same way your mom's homemade meal brings warmth to your core. You began to strectch your arms, fingers spreading towards the sky, in hopes of inhaling all the goodness that mother nature could provide.

" Ouch!" Of course, good things never really last when it comes to you because life just have to ruin the moment.

" Oh my god-I'm so sorry.." I realised I accidentally hit someone's face while I was trying to stretch, so much for trying to be grateful and all. You mentally shakes your head and cursed at yourself. "Are you okay?" After snapping myself back to reality, I revert my attention to this poor victim of mine, wishing he won't sue me or anything. Man I still want to live, I may hate my life sometimes, but god it was all just jokes between myself. This must be a punishment for me, oh my god, I want to get marry, have kids with Lu-

" Miss!!!" And I thought I brought myself back to reality.

" Ah, yes I'm so sorry are you okay?" I lightly hit my head and offer him a hand seeing that he is still sat on the ground, dumbfounded by my sudden reverie.

" You must've not heard me, daydreaming much?" Excuse me? Who is he trying to act all knowingly? Heck, I'm already annoyed at this person. Can he not? I'm trying to enjoy the day.

"I guess you're fine." I release my hand from his, making sure my stare is hot enough to burn him alive. 

" Ah, my bad! Are you a student of this school as well?" He points at the badge sewed on his uniform. "I'm a new student. Today is my first day! Can I go to school together with you? Hehe..as you can see.." 

" But you don't know me."

" You're right, but you're a student of my school too right?"

" I could be fake, I could be like those people who likes to kidnap high schoolers and sell them to the mafias and-"

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA-hahahahahahaha, you-hahhahah you?" I stared at him, did, did he just laugh at me? Oh, the audacity. And he is a stranger!!! Ugh

Before I could go on, he erupted into a roar of laughters cuting off my almost thrown out speech.

" Hahahaha, it's just..hahahaha It's just that you're too cute to be working in such field- hahahahahahahha.." If I could get 1 dollar for every time I feel irritated, honey I would be rich. 

" Aish, whatever!" I quickly headed to the bus stop as I saw the bus is slowly approaching us. All of the negative thoughts I have flew out of the window as they were quickly replaced with the thoughts of seeing Luhan again today. Albeit, it was soon replaced, again, now not the negative voices in your head, but from the person you just met earlier. 

"Hey! Wait for me!!" He quickly followed my foot step making sure I won't go out of his sight. He was determined to be friends with you. 

" Ugh, what do you want? Really?" You were already in the bus, actually, you were able to sit freely this time. There were a couple of empty seats, perhaps this time you are actually early. Your excitement of being able to sit near the window soon was overshadow by this new person's presence beside you. 

" I..I just want to be your friend..Also, I'm sorry for laughing at you, you were really funny just now! Please don't take it to your heart!"

Aish, why is this boy pulling out the guilty card?

" Alright..alright fine..ugh it's okay I'm not mad. I just wanted to have this morning to myself." I rubbed the back of my neck, trying to justify my action. I mean, maybe this person is nice and I was truly being hostile towards him earlier.

" Reallyy?" He looked at me his gorgeous almond shaped eye. His dark brown eyes compliments the medium skin tone that he has and his orbs, it's one of the roundest I've ever seen.

"Yea..yeah why not.." I casually smiled at him, still annoyed that I couldn't have a silent morning. 

" Oh! My name is Jun Ho! What's yours?"

" Ji Eun, Kim Ji Eun." Briefly after you revealed your name, you turn your attention to the view outside through the window. Jun Ho might have noticed this, and decided to leave you alone. For that, you really were thankful to him.

 

"Thank god he has stuff to do.." You muttered to yourself as Jun Ho waved goodbye to you like a little kid before he went to the office regarding his transfering..It's not that you don't like him, though after spending a very short amount of time with him, you could conclude that he is indeed a chatterbox. But that's not the point, the point is you wanted to reseve your energy so that you could use it when you see Luhan. But seriously Jun Ho just have to talk about every single thing and you still felt bad for being slightly mean to him earlier, hence you acted more actively when he talks.

I walk to the classroom, my heart beats echoed in my ears. Ever since our first date, I felt closer to Luhan. I was very comforted by him and planned to be a more nicer girlfriend to him. Luhan told you that he was going to come early to school, as they didn't get to spend a lot of time together, he thought it was a good idea to come early and see you instead, before they get seperated by those bunch of kids.

Much to your dissapointment, the seat beside you was empty. No one single soul is sitting there. Ji Eun looked around to see, in case Luhan pulled a prank on you.

Nothing.

Feeling dejected, you went to your seat and took out your book and revised, still hoping he would come at least. "Ji Eun ah!!!!" As time passes by, extremely slow, for you, footsteps were heard outside the classroom. Your expression was about to turn into a happy one but was quickly painted with dissapointment when you recognize the owner of the voice. 

"Oh my god, who are you!! Coming early to school, on a Monday?" Jae Mi cooed at me as she finished her sentence. I can't help but to chuckle lightly seeing her. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have gotten dissapointed. 

"Nah, Luhan was supposed to be here.."You looked around, still holding a light of hope. "Jae Mi, I think he ditched on our promise. Unbelievable." I changed my tone into a serious one, earning a roar of laughter from Jae Mi as she saw both of my arms resting on my lovehandle. 

"Well, we should do something about it, shouldn't we?" Jae Mi looked at me with a knowing look. I nodded. "Yes big man, I'll proceed with the plan straight away!" Jae Mi took out her non existent cap and put it on her head, not fogetting to salute me. In the end, 

"I heard plans!"

"Oh,, hiii! Oh oh oh se hun," I was humming along the song 'OH' by Girls Generation only to get a head shake from him. He approached Jae Mi and naturally kissed her temple while telling her something, turning her cheeks into the colour of tomato. "Alright, lovebireds, no PDA, REMEMBER?" I emphasised on the last word, obviously having fun teasing them. Though, I'm slightly jealous of the couple in front of me, I decided to just shrugged it off and instead, think about- 

" FOOOODDDDD!" As break time came, I dashed to the cafeteria, wanting to fill in the frog in my stomach. I could hear Tao screaming my name but I refused to wait instead I made an annoying face at him and immediately leave the crime scene. We want no blood to be shed today. 

I looked at the variety of options on the menu. Not sure which one to order, I could feel it was Tao who's slowly walking towards me.

" YAH KIM JI EUN WHAT WAS THAT FOR -"

"Okay okay, shut up you gucci beear!" I covered his mouth not wanting any attention from the students. Gosh, he is such a diva. 

"You know, you're dead if you shout at my girlfriend like that again."

" LUHAN HYUNG!" Tao was delighted to see him only to have his face greeted to the ground as Luhan spontaneously moved you to your side and whispered into your ear. 

"Aish, y'all are too much!" 

I giggled at the sight of it, happy because Luhan actually came. "Sorry babe, I was late, really had something to do! You're not mad aren't you?" You were practically holding yourself from hugging him, but both of you promised not to do PDA in front of your friends, especially the single ones, just because.

" Nope!" I shook my head.."Why would I?" 

" Good girl." He ruffled your hair naturally but softly.

 

" Girl, why did you get so little food? This is so unlike you.." Baekhyun looked at the size of your portion and made a deal out of it.

" Gosh, baekhyun, weren't you the one who wanted me to eat less?"

" No, I DID NOT."

" Yes, you did!"

"No, I.DID.NOT.'

"Yes, you did." 

" Yah no-"

" GUYS." Kai who really wanted to punch both of you calmed himself down by holding his utensils hardly. "Seriously, can yall keep quiet!" He rolled his eyes, really done with both of you."LET US EAT OH MER GAWD!" His hands dramatically conclude everyone in the table as he returned his attention back to his food.

"Oops, someone woke up at the wrong side of bed."

"Yup, talk about being dramatic." With that, I high fived Baek Hyun for being such a supportive partner. I mouthed you're-the-best at him and he flipped his non existent long hair at me and replied with a thank you I know that queen. Even Jae Mi did not bother to interrupt your drama with Baek Hyun, seriously how could she befriended such weirdos, she thought to herself.

"I'm getting really jealous if you keep on doing stuff like that with the boys, you know." Luhan's voice rang thourgh your ear. Surprised at his reaction, you can't help to giggle..

"Well, then you should come to school more frequently now." Ji Eun's leg started swing back and forth, her aegyo going full force on Luhan. 

"Was that your plan," He pinched your nose. "You adorable meanie," His tone of voice changed, obviously playing along with you. 

 

 

"So, what are we going to do after school later?" Both of you are now walking towards your classroom, you initially wanted to walk with Kris but he went with Chanyeol, apparently they had stuff to do, so you went back to your boyfriend only to earn a smirk from him for leaving him.

"Ahh...about that," You realised that you have a date with Jae Mi, thinking Luhan won't come to school you went ahead and promised Jae Mi. "Uhh, luhaannn, I'm so sorry, I didn't think you were coming and.."

"And I've promised to go out with Jae Mi today..." I hold one of his hand and swing it lightly, your dark brown eyes stare into his intensely, hoping Luhan would let you off this time.

"WhAT? I can't believe it!" The guy who wanted to pretend to be mad at you couldn't bring himself to do so as he sees your cutesy that instantly melt his heart and his entire being. How can you be so cute and evil at the same time? "Fine aish, but, let me send you off today,alright?" 

You have no idea how much I've missed you, seriously, why are you playing with heart like this, Kim Ji Eun!! He thought to himself, actually upset that he couldn't spend his time with you.

 

 

We are now in the convenience store near our school, I insisted on being with Ji Eun until I get to see her best friend. She was just babbling at me for being nosy, and the next thing she found herself talking about the things that happened in school when I was not around. She even told me that Hae Sung has become nicer these days, though quite hard for me to believe, I decided that she spoke of only the truth. 

"What are you staring at, Ahjusshi?" 

"You." I made a duh, what do you think face which made her smiled with a hot blush.

"Luhaaannn.." We were at the chocolate aisle, but she was at the end of it and me on the other end. Ji Eun walked to me, face as red as rose her arms opened wide as they slowly come into contact wrapping the blazer I was wearing." You're making me regret for leaving you.."She looked up at me, her chin naturally rested on my chest.

"I told you." I made an obvious statement, amused at her never ending adorable antics. 

"Fine!"She humph, arms crossing against her chest, "Spending time with Jae Mi is way more better!"

"Gosh, babe-"

"My new friend! Ji Eun!!!" A very unfamiliar voice broke our little moment and I swore I could killed that person with my stare right at that moment. I changed my attention to the owner of the voice only to be surprised. I have yet to comprehend every thing when he casually lock his arm with Ji Eun. My girlfriend?!

"Ahaha..."She paused and looked at me, she looked like she needed my help. "Hii...Jun Ho.." She knows her name?! Since when? I mentally threw my hands in the air trying to digest this new information. Why does she have so many guy friends???

"This must be fate! I can't believe I could see you here!" Fate? My .

I could feel a flash of annoyance came to me. 

"Babe, who is this?" I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Right, uh this is Jun Ho,uh Luhan." I lightly smiled at him, suddenly notice that she didn't her finish her sentence, so I thought I should help.

"Her boyfriend." Right babe? 

"Oh my god! YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND? I can't believe it, I guess someone like me stand a chance too!" The moment this Jun Ho guy finished his sentence, I knew what was going to happen next. Man, that was a wrong move. Luhan swift backward as he watched the next scene unravel before his eyes. 

"Argh-YAH what was that for?" The guy shrieked, which reminded me of Tao, while he hold his injure foot, jumping around trying to balance his body. Ji Eun fixed her bang as she stuck out her tongue to the poor guy and brought me out, away from that little devil. 

"Sorry man, my girl is really feisty. You can't mess with her, like that actually." I peered over him,actually feeling bad and softly patted his right shoulder while he tried to soothe the pain felt by his foot. 

"Babe, are you okay? Should I go and pun-"

" HAH SERVE HIM RIGHT WOAH I FEEL 1000 TIMES BETTER HO GOD HAHAHAHAA.." Ji Eun didn't even hear Luhan's question as she punch her hands into the air, doing the victory dance.

"Wokay...babe...right I should stay away from making her mad.."

But, one thing that he knew was that he really needed to come to school more frequently now. She could have a new guy friend today, but what about tomorrow, the day after?? Damn her girl really is too lovable. 

Ji Eun hugged Luhan one last time as his back slowly dissapear from her sight. Jae Mi have yet to come and Luhan had an urgent meeting that just came up so he had to leave. 

"Urgh, where is this girl-AAAHh"

"YAH! JAE MI!!" She jumped out of annoyance and surprised when she felt a familiar warmth holding her from behind.

 

 

 

Spending time with Jae Mi is always the best! She always lifts up your mood just like how you do to her. It's already past 7pm and we decided to part ways, after walking around the streets of Itaewon and got ourselves couple items, for us of course, her mom called her asking her to come back. After sending her off at the nearest bus station, I walked to the nearest subway to go home. Usually a bus would do, but I wanted to stay out longer hence the decision. After a supposedly tiring and chaotic day, you didn't feel exhausted at all, being with Jae Mi instead make you more lively.

However, the thought was short lived when you look up from your phone after receiving a text from Jae Mi saying she had reached home only to see an unexpected person sitting across from you.

"You AGAIN?" Ji Eun could feel her mentally pulling her hair out of annoyance and frustration, all in one concoction.

"My friend!! Kim Ji Eun!!!"