Jealousy?

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

As I go in the classroom, I see Luhan waving his hand at me, not so much of an action thought, he waved slightly but his smile never leaves his face as if he's seeing something precious. Hmm, I wonder what makes him so happy?

" You look happy, any good news?" I throw my back an my lap and ask him.

" Really? Don't I normally like this?"

" Um, no? You even waved your hand at me?"

" I'm happy to see you again today!" He chirped. Oh boy, you shouldn't say that to me, my heart is not in a good state at the moment.

" Nonsense..." I muttered.

" Ji Eun..so you know summer break is around the corner, you have any plans?" Luhan ask you carefully, so that he doesn't obvious. You didn't realize that, being Ji Eun.

" Hmm, let me think..." I pretend to think, honestly I have zero plans, I mean all I want is to hibernate for the whole month??

" You don't have don't you.." Luhan rolled his eye knowing your character so well.

" Yah, I have alright!" You spoke in an annoying tone.

" What do you have?" Luhan immitate your voice in a more despicable tone. 

" I don't speak like that!"

" Yes you do~"

" Jerk!" 

" Wh-"

" Shusshh, your voice is destryoing the peace in the world." You quickly shut his mouth, not wanting him to tease you more. 

" Hasj,mmmm-" 

" I don't understand? What?" I move my other hand showing him that I don't understand, I pretend to mouth what are you talking about, and give him the innocent face. 

"You're dejkj,mad!" 

" Try harder." I begin to giggle seeing his struggle. 

" h-"

All Luhan could think of was your palm so that you back off, and he did it, to a girl. To the girl that he likes.

" LUHAN IT'S SO GROSS EW!" I didn't expect Luhan to my hand. Now it's all germs and I'm contaminated! I furiously wipe it against his school uniform.

" You were asking for it~~"

" Gosh, you're so childish sometimes!" You huffed.

" Forever mature than you!" He laugh enjoying the attention he gets from you. Oh god, if you could see them now, it would be a picture of an angry girlfriend and her mischievous boyfriend. That's what Hae Sung would interpret as she sees both of you. 

You look at him fiercely, hoping to intimidate that jerk.

" Aigoo, our princess is angry?" He talks to you like he would to a baby. Your hearbeat beats 1278918 more than usual when he calls you that.

" I'm not a princess!" But your flowers are growing like a fire inside.

" Right right, relax-"

" Goooo away!" You push him as he leans in closer to you.

" Yah.."

" What.." He slowly leans in closer, and closer until his mouth is near enough that it tickles you ear.

" Luha-"

" BWAH! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" You didn't get to finish his name as his voice loudly pierce through your eardrums. Did he just shout at me? In my ears?

I was ready to pull up my sleeves, but the teacher came in, letting Luhan celebrate his triumphs.

You're dead. I mouth him, as I pretend to slit my neck.

" Okay, guys, quiet down, we have our last exchange student before summer break, and she goes by the name..."

" Hello, my name is Victoria, nice to meet you!" She put few strands of her hair to the back of her ears, as she smile gently revealing her perfect aligned teeth. 

" Okay, Victoria, you may seat-"

" Teacher, I'd like to sit with Luhan!" She exclaimed. Wait what did you just say? I don't want to care about her because that is what I've always been doing to the other exchange students, but yo what she said annoys me from so many different levels! I screamed internally, not realising I'm turning into a jealous beast. Does she even know Luhan? Pfff.

" Yes, we were acquantaince in an event, few years ago." I heard Luhan speaking. I look at him and he's already standing and smiling at the girl. Well, I guess all mens are the same, they just couldn't resist beautiful women. I purposely scoffed loudly, loud enough to earn some looks from some people. 

" Well, I'm sorry Victoria, but there's a student sitting beside Luhan, perhaps you could sit in front of him?" 

First off, I'm not just a mere student, I am a very good friend of him. At times like this you wish you can say something better than friend. You cover your opened mouth as you realized what you thought earlier. DID I JUST THINK ABOUT THAT? 

KIM JI EUN YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER! 

" Luhan, please bring Victoria around the school alright, make her feel comfortable!" Again, I rudely sneer after she finished her sentence. Luhan look at me weirdly.

" Ne...neh..." You didn't realize Luhan wanted to reject the offer, because you were too busy playing with the war in your mind, he's somehow dejected that you weren't bother to be annoyed. 

I was just thinking about how to punch him later after class, " Aish!"

" Kim Ji Eun, one more sound and detention." 

" Neh."

" Are you okay, Ji Eun ah?" Just a moment ago, you swore that you will never talk to him ever again, and now one single word from his mouth can just make your day so much better. 

" Of course-"

" Oppa! It's been so long since we've met! Wow, you look so much handsome now!" Her voice carries a hint of aegyoness.

Oppa? OPPA? Oh god, my heart is failing, someone, hold me! 

What you're using aegyo? Daebak, you will never do it better than me I bet! 

" Well, I guess..um I wouldn't remember you if you didn't call me just now. Hehe..." YAS FOR ONCE I'M ROOTING FOR LUHAN GOOD MOVE JERK! I cheer for him in my mind. I could see Victoria's expression fell but it was quickly masked by another joyful expression. Yo gurl, it's not right having so much face in a person. I feel my devil laughing at my remarks. Of course, I'm laughing too.

" You will show me the school right?" I look at Luhan, please say no, please say no!

" I'm sorry but-" YES

" Oppa~don't be like this. Harabeoji wouldn't like it.." She pleads.

" Ha-harabeoji? Um..alright then.." I shake my head as I feel utterly dissapointed at Luhan. 

Luhan looks at you wishing you would be upset at him, and get nosy and all, but you didn't. You were thinking too yourself. You were thinking about him, he is looking at you, both of you thinking why can't Ji Eun be mad, and Luhan says no.

 

 

" Can anyone please say what's wrong this woman?"

" She was so cheerful today! OH MY GOD!" Both Baek and Tao, dying to know why I'm so moody.

Well, I haven't got to talk Luhan for the entire day and now school has finished and he's nowhere in my sight! I don't know why I'm bothered but hell I am right now.

" Did anyone sees Luhan?"

" Oh, he's hanging with a new chick, saw him earlier?"

" WHAT HE DID WHAT?" I shrieked

" Um.." Kai stepped back a few steps before speaking.

" Hey, girl, calm down.." Kris try to hold me, as I was ready to fight the war.

" Speaking of the devil." Kris still holding you, sees Luhan.

" Hey guys, what are we doing here?"

I glare at him so hard that I hope it burns a hole in his heart.

" Us? Just chilling, but hey didn't know you have a thing for newbies, huh?" Tao joked around only to received my growling, he doesn't understand anything, so he pretend he didn't see you.

Luhan naturally make his way beside you, while you're still in your beast mode.

" Hey.." He pokes your shoulder.

" Ah, I forgot I have something to do! Gege, let's go!" You decided to not talk to him, so you need to run away before his angelic voice melts your anger, yes I have to admit, his voice is pretty soothing. You notice that at one point.

" Hey yah what are-" Kris apparently unaware of the situation, trying to get away from your strong grip.

" What the heck was that woman?"

" What?" I act innocent as both of my shoulders move to the ceiling.

" Ugh, whatever let me take you ho-" " Holy moly!" You look at him, unimpressed. " No way! Kim Ji Eun!"

" What?"

" Were you trying to run away from Luhan earlier?"

" No? I didn't!" I clear my throat as I try to act as convincing as possible.

" Yes you did! Oh god, you were jealous didn't you?" 

" What is jealous ew?" I ask him the definition of jealous, only to get a I'm done with you expression from him.

" Good." I mumbled. Kris heard that, but let you slide away, he only knows what's going to happen next. Now that he knows Luhan feels about you, yes he does, all that is need to do is both of you to confess.

The thing is you don't know that you like him, or you're liking him or whatever it is, right now all you know is that you don't like having Victoria beside Luhan.

 

" Mom why can't we go during the weekend?" You were whining on the floor, hoping it would change their mind.

" No, both me and your dad isn't going to be available, so it's today or next year." 

" Mooommm!" 

" Go in the car, or you'll feel bad for not going to Halmeoni's house."

" Neh..." You obediently go in the car as you sigh so many times at the thought of leaving Luhan and Victoria alone.

 

Luhan is tapping his foot impatiently as he doesn't see you entering the class yet. Every person that comes in, he hoped it was you. Until the bell ring and the teacher came in, you didn't come.

He's getting irritated and feeling unease that you're most probably not coming to school, and Victoria kept pestering him. 

Luhan took out his phone and type some things.

Meanwhile, you already arrived at Halmeoni's house and bringing out the cleaning tools. 

" Aigoo, there's so much to do!"

" Let's go KIM FAMILY WE CAN DO THIS!" Your dad encouraged all of you and every one goes to their respective area in the house to perfom their job.

You left your phone silent, thus didn't hear Luhan's incoming call. 

" Gosh, what is wrong with this woman! I'm even risking my life trying to make a phone call in the school bathroom." 

Within an hour, you feel exhausted and out of energy, so you go and grab some water while trying to check your phone.

" So many missed calls?" " All from Luhan?" " What does that guy want?" " He even sent a message?"

Yah, where are you? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU AREN't COMING TO SCHOOL? I WOULD LIKE TO SKIP WITH YOU, WHY LEAVE ME ALONE?

" He's so dramatic sometimes.." You shake your head reading his text, amused you can say.

I'm in Halmeoni's hometown, why you want to come over?

Where?

" Aigoo, he sure replies very fast." He replies within seconds, not letting you to do your work.

Busan, around the place we went last time.

You waited for a solid 10 minuted for him to reply but he didn't.

" Weirdo." You shrug and proceed to finish your work.

 

It's already 7pm and all of your family members are worn out, at least you did a great job in cleaning, so it makes your tired body feels a little bit better. 

" Wah, looking delicious!" Your mouth startes to water, and you can see your siblings are already swallowing their saliva.

" Omma, let's eat together!"

" I'm coming! Ouch!" Your mom was walking too fast that she accidentally trip over her own foot and fell down.

" Omma! You should've been more careful gosh!" Your dad carried her to the table, checking if anything's broken.

" I'm fine-"

" You're not, look it's starting to bruise yeobo!" Your dad pointed out.

" Ji Eun ah, would you mind buying some oitment for omma?" My dad requested. I look at the chicken soup then mom.

" Neh, I'll go get it.." I'll see you later chicken..my mouth pouts as I leave the house, my chicken!

 

"Thank you~" I bow at the ahjumma follow by a familiar ringtone only my phone could make.

" Hello?"

" Where are you now?"

" Luhan?" I look at the name on the screen, and put the phone back near my ear.

" Yay, you know me.." He replied boredly.

" What do you want?"

" Where are you now?"

" In front of the mart, around-Aish why am I telling you, what do you want really?"

" Okay! Just wait there, DON'T GO ANYWHERE OR I'LL KISS YOU WHEN I FIND YOU!" With that he hung up on me.

That guy is getting weirder and weirder. You contemplate whether to listen to him or not.

" Pfft, he wouldn't know!" You laugh evily ready to walk.

Not long after that, you phone rings again.

" Again?"

" I didn't see you, where are you?"

" I'm walking home now wh-" You stop talking as you feel like his voice is actually there, around when he burst out warning you and such.

" KIM JI EUN WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT STAYING OH GOSH IT'S SO LATE AND WHAT IF SOMEONE KIDNAPS YOU AND-You-" He stops talking when both of you meet at the both ends of the road. 

" You-you're dead.." His pace fastens as he goes to you grabbing both sides of your face.

" What did I say about kissing you? Did you take it lightly or you wan-aah.." Flustered, you do what your brain told you to do so that his hand isn't touching your face, because that sends tingle to your bones, face so close to you, you nearly sees fireworks.

" What was that for?" Luhan grabbing his foot, didn't see that coming. That poor guy was just teasing you.

" Uhm..uh you-you scared me! How can I know if you're Luhan, it-it's so dark now." Thank god, it's dark or else he could see you blushing madly.

" Seriously? I'm only guy who would do these for you, and you be suspecting?" He rolled his eyes. 

He's the only guy?

" What are you doing here, anyway?" You throw him a question, trying not to overthink. 

" To see you, obviously." He said as matter of a fact.

" To see me?"

" Yes, you didn't talk to me yesterdat, thought you were mad or something?" Of course not you pabo, I came here because I miss you!

" Aah..right, well aren't you busy with your new girlfriend. The thought of the girl just brings you mood down again. Grr..

" Girlfriend? Since when did I get one?"

" If you say so.." 

" Yah what ar-Ohh! Victoria? Pfft, we will never be a thing. I'll never like her, please." You pretend you weren't listening, but really you ears perked up as he starts talking about her.

" Reallyy..well that's go-great, then." You said, uninterestedly. But really, all you wanted to do was jumping out of joy.

" Did you sound dissapointed? Yah, Kim Ji Eun, I thought you wouldn't want me to be with her!" He lightly tease you.

" Since when did I say anything?"

" Whatever, besides I have someone I like." He looks at you carefully, trying to see your reaction.

" Aigoo, whoever she is, I feel very extremely really bad!" You fake a tear and and burst out laughing.

" That's mean! You'll be shocked if you know who's she!" He provoked you.

On the other hand, you are dying to know who that girl is.

" Who, who is it then?" 

It has been a good 10 minutes walk and both you almost arrive your home. Seeing Luhan not saying anything, I continue to nudge him.

" Who's the 'lucky' girl?" I emphasize on the word lucky as I look at him. His face is unreadable, as he looks at me, his gaze softens but then it turn normal. 

" Kim Ji Eun.." My heart skipped a beat. 

" Yeah?" I could feel everything was slowing down, except us.

" Ji Eun-ah I'M HUNGRY!!!" 

" Gosh, follow me in, I really didn't want to share it with you, but sigh.." What were you thinking, Kim Ji Eun?

 

Your family greets him with open arms and he was provided a room next to you. 

" Do you really need to stay here?"

" Yes!" He nods quickly and follow my mom to the room. He's making me feel so uncomfortable.

12am

Can you sleep?

No.

What are you doing?

Finding ways to kill you.

I find your evil attitude so attractive.

Right, go tell that to the girl you like!

Uhh, whatever. Want to play something?

Like what?

I don't know.

I'll go to your room.

" No! Oh god Luhan no!" I scream at the screen, but there were no reply. Seconds later, there was a knock at my door. 

" Yah, open it faster!"

" No!"

" Ji Eun faster! I see your dad, if he sees me-" I quickly opens the door and pulls him in. I locked the door so that no one could come in.

" Ooh, aggresive Ji Eun~"

" What is wrong you?" You push him that causes his to meet the ground as he was squatting beside you.

" I'm bored!"

You rolled you eyes." Tell me about it!"

 

" Rock, paper scissors!"

" Aish, again?" It's the 23920120121 times you are playing, and you keep losing.

" Get ready, you forehead is so gonna look sore tomorrow."

" Ouccchh!" You rub your forehead, it is starting to feel numb because of so much of flickering.

" Again!" You insist.

" No, I'm not playing it no more, your're parents going to ask me what happened to your forehead later!"

" Alright last one, the one who wins can flick and make the loser to grant his/her wish. Deal?" He didn't want to do it, but he thought about the wish and how he can use it against you in the future sounds so appealing.

" Deal!"

" 1,2,...." And the game continues, and as expected you lose.

" It's going to hurt so badly." You close your eyes, waiting for the punishment.

" Aren't you going to do it?" You asked Luhan as he's not making any moves.

" Lu-" The moment you opened your eyes, his neck is all you could see, you're kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour spread against your cheek, his soft lips were pressed on your forehead, all the pain you felt is now gone like the wind, the ony thing you could feel was his lips against your forehead. 

Luhan wants to stay longer, he wants to look at you as your cheeks regain it own colour, fighting back the smile that is going to break out. He says goodnight and quickly leave as you recompose yourself. He never felt this shaken before, he thought he was going to get a heart attack.

" Ji Eun, you're doing all sorts of things to my heart now."