Missing her

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

You bent forward where you sat on the floor, and pressing your palms on your face, you silently sob until you feel better.

Kris wish he could've done better, but he can't. He's a student afterall. The text he sent one period ago is still unreply.  Your eyes were puffy and red after all the crying, you try to act natural as possible and proceed to your next class.

" Look, there you are! I've been searching for you!" You enter the class and was told by a teacher that you need to see the principal in the office later. You nod and walk back to your seat. Naturally, your eyes wander to see if Luhan's still present. Even though you want to punch him for being mean, deep down part of you hope it was all just an act and he will help you, or even, tease you if that's what it takes for him to talk you.

" You still want to be a jerk in the end, won't you.." You hold the tears that was at the brink of your eyes, you put your bag onto the empty seat beside you with a loud thump.

" Ji Eun-"

" Neh, I'm sorry, Miss Song." That teacher wanted to scold you for being rude, but she held back after seeing your puffy eyes. Even the happiest people have bad day. She thought.

 

You did not talk to anyone even when you're bombarded with questions from your friends. You refuse to say anything. Luhan is nowhere to be seen, Kris contemplates whether to tell you. Even chanyeol who always eat, is uncomfortable of your silence during lunch. Let alone the bipolar Kai!

" Yahhh.." Jae Mi swings your arm a little bit." Aren't you going to eat? I bought your favourite ice cream! Look!" I look at my favourite dessert. Pfft, that guy never buy me ice cream yet, how long has it been. I mentally scoffed. 

" Thanks Jae Mi.." I touch my stomach and look at her." But I'm not feeling hungry?" Knowing everyone is worry about me, I told myself not to be selfish, hence that hint of aegyo in the last sentence.

" Ahh..I see.." Jae Mi pushes her glasses up and nod awkwardly.

" I think the bell just rang, I need to see the principal, see you tomorrow!" I side hug Jae Mi and wave goodbye to all of them. 

" Maan, is she okay?" 

" I don't know Kai, I rather want her to cry instead of being like that." Sehun suddenly voices out. Jae Mi smiles upon hearing what Sehun said. She's glad that Sehun could understand you, even a little bit. 

" Hey, you guys can go first, I need to catch up with that girl!" Kris signal an OK sign to them and run to your direction. 

 

My feet felt like it was nailed to the ground, it refuses to move as I see what's in front of me. 

" That's Ji eun! Abeoji!" So Hae Sung did report it to the teacher.

I force myself to walk forward and greet both of her parents.

" Hmm..it's..it's been awhile Ji Eun ah!" Aunt Jung smile while patting my back, only to get stare back by angry Hae Sung. Girl, I really don't want to fight right now.

"Oh, I see you guys are all here, shall we go in!" The principal walked out with someone familiar beside him.

" Oppa! Omo, what are you doing here?" 

" Who is he? Hae Sung?" Uncle Jung, surprise seeing his daughter being affectionate towards a male.

" Ahh, he's my project partner, Luhan! Say hi, this is my father!" 

Since when did they become partners? Did I miss out on something? I try to flashback. It was math class! It was the starting of his bipolar disorder, we we'rent really talking, at that time, they were partnered up because Hae Sung requested to, well she can't do math for pete's sake. That's what she said. Of course, I was a bit bothered by it, but I didn't think much.

Is that why he's been busy? He's been very close with Hae Sung now?

" Neh, hello, I'm Luhan. Nice to meet you." 

" I think I've seen you somewherere, are you sure we've never met?" Luhan shake his hand. He looked at me before saying something else.

" Neh..neh, I was one of the directors..um the meeting few days ago?" Why didn't he smile at me like that? Ji Eun think to herself as she sees him smiling warmly to another male.

Wait DIRECTOR WHAT YOU TALKING. I know should be upset, but um hello amidst all of these things, I'm still a human? I can eavesdrop okay.

"Ahhh, I remember now! Wow, so you're my daughter's classmate? What a fate! AHahahh..." I mentally scoffed at that remark. Fate? Who called those fate these days? It's just purely coincidence! 

" Excuse me, but I'm in a hurry and we need to wrap things off real quick. Shall we.." For the first time, I love my principal A LOT.

" Oh..sorry I was too caught up with him ahahaha let's go, I'll see you real soon." Luhan bowed at him. I walk pass him, our shoulder slightly touch, he gives me glance. I didn't want to talk to him, yet so I ignore him.

Ji Eun, don't do this please. It takes a thousand men's force for him to not hug you. He clenched his fist, hating the way he act like a loser. 

" So I guess we've come into an agreement now? Alright you guys may leave, dear parents thank you for your cooperation."

Thank god this is over, I just want to go back and sleep right now.

Hae Sung whined to her parents, not happy with the agreement. Hah, like her parents care!

" Dad, why didn't you listen to me?"

" Shh, it's settled, why are still dwelling on the past, as one of Jung's generation, we don't drag others just because we're weak! Your friend didn't have any legal guardian, if we agree on the term earlier, it would've been a mess for her!" Uncle Jung sternly say to her. 

" It's because she doesn't have parents that this happen! We need to-"

" Jung Hae Sung." I was a tad bit hurt by what she said, but imma too busy with the drama to care about that insult, cause hey there is some truth in there alright, maybe if I were to have parents, things won't go haywire. Just maybe. Uncle Jung was about to slap Hae Sung when he was cut by someone's voice.

The fact that it's too calm, but scary sends chill down to my spine. I think this is the second time I've seen Luhan with his toned down voice. It is terrifying.

" Dear partner.." Luhan emphasizes the last word seeing as she referred to him as that.

" Ji Eun is the one that is out of their league, 2 persons would not be able to handle such treasure. So go back, and stop making it so obvious that you've nothing else without your parents." Hae Sung's jaw drop as our surrounding falls into a silence.

" I'm really sorry, Mr Jung. I really am, however I can't take it when someone insult or offend my friend. I understand if you want to takae back our proposal, but to me someone like her is so much more important than a mere stack of papers." This time, my jaw drops. Uncle Jung smile but it was a brief one that not even a single sould could capture that moment, not even the most innovative camera man kind has ever done could. He pat Luhan's shoulder and say something to him, which I couldn't hear of course, which follow by Luhan's numerously bow. Before going, he says something I've been yearning to hear from people I love, or generally anyone, a small message could mean so much to someone like me.

" I apologize for my daughter's behaviour, I know you wouldn't have done such things she told me, you're far too kind to do it, even so, even if you did it, you must have had you reasons, dear. GIven that my daughter is like that and you can still handle her with patience proves how much a good friend she was to you at one point, but it's alright relationship deteroriates, sometimes me and my wife hope we can fix whatever that was broken inside of you." As he spoke, every words hit right at the core, I didn't realised tears were welling up in my eyes and tears begin to roll down my cheeks like rivulets. 

" Neh..th-thank you, have a safe journey back home." I bow repeatedly just so he didn't see my blotchy nose and my red eyes. He got to be one of the wisest man I've ever encountered in my life. How did the daughter did not learn a bit from him.

We were at the hallway when the drama took place, only then I see Kris gege has been standing there since forever,waiting for me like always. His concerned stare makes my nose feel bitter, I could feel my wall is tumbling down as I walk closer to him.

" Ji Eun-"

" Not.." I cut him off with an unfamiliar tone that I've never used on anyone before. I don't even know what it was. " Not now..Luhan." He opens his mouth, then closes, contemplating whether to listen to you or tell you everything. 

" I thank you for standing up for me, but..but..I'm sorry..I'm-I..I just, I thought I was going to lose you when you were gone..and now you're right in front of me being sweet and all, but what happens tomorrow? I don't even-"

" I know-"

" You don't! I don't know what is going on with you, but the days we weren't talking I try to be positive but it--today, was just so hard, I think I've been lying to myself that I'm okay with you doing that. Honestly, I'm not. I want to know what's going through your mind, did I do anything wrong? I think..I might being selfish-I'm sorry-- I see you as one of my closest friend, why do I feel like you're going to leave me too?" 

He wanted to say something, but you were sobbing, crying as if the entire world, and all of its beauty, had come to an end. All he wishes is to embrace you and tells you that everything is okay and that he will never leave you, that no matter what happen, no matter if the world ends, he will always stay by your side. 

" Oppa can you bring me home, if that's okay with you?" I speak to Kris gege.

"Anything for my little sister." He pulls me into an embrace and leave the school.

 

___________

Before the drama...

" Hey..hyung.." After getting the phone call I barge into Kris's room, Chanyeol is playing video games. I shake my head looking at him.

" Whassup?"

" It's my grandpa.." Both of them stop what they were doing and revert their attention to Luhan.

" He called?" Chanyeol screams in a whisper way, he could feel his hair standing. That shows how scary Luhan's granpa is.

" I think he wants me to work in the company, whatever it is, I don't think I can hang out with you guys that often anymore."

" We're fine I guess, I mean we can always go to your company lounge and hang out there! We used to do it didn't we?"

" Kris is right.." Chanyeol nods enthusiastically. 

I can tell the others, but you think Ji Eun is going to be okay with this?"

" You guys are just starting to get closer. I can feel the bond between you guys.." Chanyeol has the most phrase today. " Ji Eun is always excited when she sees you, will she be okay?"

Right Ji Eun. Luhan thought.

" I can't let the media knows I'm close with her. You know what they gonna do. Plus grandpa wouldn't like the idea of me having 'someone' close to me. Man his trust issues! Why can't he believe my judgement?" Both of the elders look at each other. They didn't know if they should be happy that their brother is growing up or grieving because of his situation. The dilemma.

" What about this, we'll distract her attention so you can do your things peacefully. How does that sound?"

" I guess." My heart sinks to the thought of not seeing her every day. He's starting to miss Ji Eun already.

 

Luhan just got back from another meeting, it wears him out honestly. His granpa is definitely not helping him with his lecture. He pulled out his tie and finally his body reunites with it's soulmate, the bed.

" Ahhh..I've missed you..my bed!" He shouts hoping it can release his stress.

" I want to go to school!"

" I want to see my friends!'

"...."

" I want to see you, Kim Ji Eun!"

" God why am I missing you crazily?" Luhan curl his body into a ball, trying to get you out from his mind, being the stubborn you, you keep coming back to him. 

" Why are you doing this to me? Kim.Ji.Eun.?"

" Why..why are.." He kept muttering those sentences until he fall asleep, along with his dirty office clothes and stinky socks.

 

It was schooling day, but Luhan has no energy to do anything what so ever, but he still gets up to get ready because he wants to see you. 

On the way to school, he thought of every pranks and joke he can to show to you, the driver could even feel his excitement, it's contagious! Luhan get out from the car and walk into his school, eyes twinkling. 

" Katcha..." 

Reporters. All the happy thoughts vanished as his grandpa voice's ring through his ear. His earlier held high shoulder quickly went into a slump.

He tries his best not to show his closeness with you. If not talking to you is what it takes for you to be protected, he will do it. 

Which is why sometimes, Luhan only stares at you. He was dying to talk to you, but he could feel reporters were following him, he couldn't risk you being expose to the media. 

One day, you couldn't stand his silence and cried in front of him. For the first time. It breaks his heart. He felt as if his body was ripped, he could feel your sadness as it seeps into his bones, for the first time, his heart is crying for someone. 

 

Today, after you went into the room, Luhan finally met Kris. 

" Hyung.." The tears were inevitable, his face was already wet. He couldn't stop replaying the scene where you ignore him like he was a stranger. 

" I'm sorry I couldn't help-"

" I'm sorry..I'm the one who whould be sorry." Luhan retort, angry at himself.

" I'm missing her, like insanely, but I've ruined everything, I don't think I can ever mend our friendship anymore."

Kris didn't say anything as he didn't want to worsen the situation, so the best he could do was patting Luhan's back, like a big brother would do to his lil ones.