Back In Action

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

It's Monday which means school day and you forcefully drag yourself to the shower and came out with your uniform dress. 

" Ji Eun! You gotta be late!" You decide to stay with your family the previous night.

" Alright!" You dash out of your room and grab the pancake your mom made."Omma, see you after school annyeong! I love you!" You give a peck on her cheek as you run to the door.

" Yah, what about appa! Don't you-"

" There! I'm really going!" I go back to the kitchen and kiss appa on the cheek, earning a wide grin from him later.

 

" Omo, 20 more minutes!" You look at your watch, thinking if you can make it or not, the ride from your house to school takes 10 minutes, 5 minutes to take your things from your locker, 5 minutes to walk to your class! I'm dead! You thought to yourself.

" I knew this would happened..tsk!" I was startled seeing Luhan, leaning cooly against the wall. What, did I just say cooly? You've been getting uncomfortable with him after what harabeoji said. You didn't want to listen, but your heart keep telling you otherwise. The thought sends a shade of tomato to your face, your heart is palpipating,

" Ji Eun! Are you okay? You're not sick are't yo...." Luhan's voice dissapears as he touches both of your cheeks, trying to feel your temperature. 

" Yah..ehem I'm fine.." I took a few step back, which Luhan noticed but decided to shrug it off. " But what are you doing here?"

" Why? Can't I go to school with you?" Technically, it's not wrong..right?

" Wel.." I could feel my temperature rising." If that's what you want." I act nonchalantly.

" Enough talk, we're almost late! Here's your book, luckily I remember, faster or we won't be able to catch the bus!" He hands you your book and grab your hand and run. You try to let go but he was grabbing very tightly, but gently enough not to hurt you. 

" What wrong is me?" I feel sick in my stomach as I look at our hands held together. Not to mention, my heart is beating unusually fast. 

" You were saying?'" Luhan heard you muttering. 

" No..nothing.." Luhan feel you're acting strange today, but he doesn't know what's bothering you.

 

" YAsss our queen is back!"

" My partner in crime is back whoo!" 

You roll your eyes as you highfive all of your friends.

" Aigoo, aren't you guys making this a big deal?"

" Look who's talking!" Kai voices out, which earn a hit on his shoulder from me.

" Now we're all complete, aren't you guys going to your class?" Kris kick Baekhyun's , and take his file to hit other member's head, reminding them they have class in the morning.

" We get it alright! going!" I miss seeing those goofy acts, I smile gratefully at Kris, he sees me and wink. Thank you, Kris Gege.

 

Now that I'm in school, I finally realise that I've missed so many things. Miss Song's nosy attitude, Teacher Kim occasionally mood swing, Jae Mi and Sehun secretly sneaking kisses, yes I see those things, my friend. 

But there's one thing I'll forever despise, with passion.

" Maaaathh! Why you gotta do this to me?" I fake a tear at my math paper, talking to it as if it's real person.

" Don't you like Math?"

" No! I hate them so much, I want to burn the-"

" Shh..now calm down princess, I'll teach you." My heart um nearly drop when he calls me princess. Like where did that come from?

" I don't waaanntt.." I keep shaking my head and act cute so that he gives up teaching.

" Kim Ji Eun, please tone down your voice, if you want to act cute in front of your boyfriend, do it after class." Where did that come from, Miss Song?! Her remarks earn a few laughters in the class. My cheeks start to burn, feeling embarass.

" Gosh, what is wrong with that woman?" I fan myself, shifting my attention to Luhan. He is already looking at me, calmly. What, did he not bother by what she said? Am I really not that appealing to him? Pfft.

" If you listen to me, I'll buy your ice cream. Today~" Luhan thought of an idea to make you finish your work. He knows you can do math, you're just too lazy to use your brain.

I pretend to think, but obviously I would say yes.

" I'll take that as a yes, ok let's get started." Luhan know you so well, he cuts your thought off, helping you to say what's on your mind. You silently smile as you focus on his teaching.

He looks at you as your eyes lit up when you get an answer right, or when the corner of your mouth twitch a little when you get a wrong answer. He wished he could keep those expression of yours into his pocket, nothing could contain his smile as he observes you.

 

" Ji Eun! Why do you look so tired? What did you do omg?" Tao skipped to you.

" It's all that jerk's fault! GOSH IF IT WASN'T FOR ICE CREAM I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT!" Tao couldn't understand what you were trying to say, so he just go with the flow, not wanting to make it worst.

" It's okay let's get our foods, kaja!" He drags you to the food section.

Meanwhile Luhan take a lot of effort so that he don't kill that guy Tao for being so close with you. And chanyeol be watching all the dramas. 

 

"Luhan, are you bipolar?" You keep poking his cheek, seeing him not talking to you since lunch time, well except earlier, he insisted to walk you home so badly that everyone was annoyed and left both of you together. After that he starts to shut up. The whole journey!

" Luhan!"

" ..."

" Lulu LuLu.."

" Yah!" He finally speaks.

" YAY YOU'RE TALKING!"

"..."

" Lul-"

" Can you not get too close with the others?" I'm dying right here!!!

" Whyyy?" You ask not knowing his intention.

" Can't you listen to me?"

" Why should I?"

He was about to say the reason when you shout ice cream and ran away! 

" This woman definitely knows how to drive me crazy." He mumble frustratedly and follow you.

" Luhan! Buy me this one! I'm going to get the mega sizeee~~" You naturally show your aegyo at the sight of happiness.

" Go ahead, no one's stoping you!" Luhan shake his head as he sees your excited face. 

" Can't you eat properly? Look, it spill onto your uniform! Give me your hand." He watches you eat, but you're so clumsy, anything related with food always dirty your clothes.

You watch him wiping the stain away, flustered. 

" Come here! Let me wrap the tissue around the ice cream, gosh it's melting! Yah, are you a kid?" Aigoo, he nags more than my mom does. 

" Omo, look at them! He's so nice to his girlfriend!"

" Ahh, I'd die to be in her place!" You could hear whispers in the cafe. Some young girls squealing at the sight of you too. You pretend you didn't hear so you won't act awkwardly in front of Luhan, but you did anyway. Because you're the Kim Ji Eun. 

Both of you are walking side by side, as the the night is slowly greeting the people of Seoul.

" AAAhhh!" You suddenly remember something.

" Why? Are you okay?" 

" Luhan!" You call his name, more like whining.

" Why Ji Eun?" He starts to think if he did anything wrong, and now making you upset.

" My purse! I forgot to take my purse! Aish, how can I forget about that!"

" God, I nearaly die! It was your purse? I thought I did something wrong or what..."

" Nooo! That purse is important, I need to get it back."

" Alright, we go get it back, where is it?"

You look at him, don't dare to tell.

" It's um it's at my halmeoni's.."

" GYEONGJU?!" 

I nod.

" No, it's almost 7! No, we have to school tomorrow!"

" But I need to get it back! I forgot about it yesterday!"

" NO!" 

" I didn't ask you to follow mee~" I stuck out my tongue and quickly run to the bus that just stop by.

" Yah-where are you going?! Gosh, woman!" 

Luhan couldn't believe where he is now. He look at you sheepishly.

" The things I do for you.." 

" Why? I didn't force-"

" OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T BUT I'M WORRY ABOUT YOUR SAFETY YOU WOMAN!" He clenched his teeth while talking to you.

" Mehrong!" You didn't catch the underlying meaning and continue to . 

You finally arrive the destination and quickly climb the stairs without any hesitation.

" Kim Ji Eun, where are you going?"

" Finding my purse?"

" Idiot!" Luhan walk to me and again grab my hand." You're going to walk in the graveyard, in the night? You? Can't you see the lost and found board written over there?" 

" Why are you holding my hand?"

" Because you might run away when I don't look around. We're not even in Sephora!" 

How can he act so nanchalant about this, and I'm here having heart problems? 

" Excuse me, I'm looking for a purse um..." We explained to the manager and after awhile he came back with something.

" Is it this one you're looking for Miss?"

" Yes! This is it! Thank you so much!" 

" Are you that happy to get it back?

" Of course, I have so many pictures in it!" You hug your purse carefully.

" I thought you were worry about your money.."

" Eh! What do you see me for? I can't find back my money, but pictures, it will stay with me forever." 

" That's my girl, aigoo~" Luhan pinch both of your cheeks and praise you. Honestly, he's proud for finding himself a keeper.

" Yah-what your girl-"

" What's wrong with it? Then should I say my boy? Are you a boy?" He teases me. He so know how to manipulate someone, doesn't he?

" I think you've been resting for a long time, you really need my beating tonight!" 

 

" WHERE ARE YOU GOING LUHAN!"

" COME BACK!"

" DON'T RUN!"

 

" Ouch!" Luhan rub his back as he tries to soothe the pain from your powerful slap on the back.

" Is she a girl really?"

" What if she's a men, and all this while I actually like a guy? Heol!" The thought of it terrifies Luhan.

" Has that girl drove you crazy? Now you're talking to yourself." Harabeoji enters Luhan's room, without knocking, not that he mind to anyway.

" What brings you here, harabeoji?"

" Can't I go into my grandson's room?"

" I'm sorry, the things I said the other day wasn't intentional.." Luhan feels bad about the other night.

" It's not your fault..actually, what you said was the truth, somehow. Have you confessed to the girl?"

Luhan shake his head.

" Aigoo, just confess! Like a man! Then, bring her to our house. I'd like to see who could caught your attention..hahahaha.."

" Don't get your hopes too high..like I said, I do have someone in my mind.."

" Harabeoji..."

" Can you meet her, just once. Then you'll decide if you want to listen to me or be with your girlfriend."

" O-okay.."

" I won't force you, if you don't like my choice. I once regret leaving my love, but I didn't regret marrying your grandmother. At times I just hope I didn't listen to my parents and actually do what I really want. Maybe things would've ended well. Anyway, I'm just fulfilling my promise to someone. I'll let you know when I find the girl. " Harabeoji laughs, remember his past.

" Promise?"

" Well, there's something you young people don't need to know!" Luhan feels mixed feelings upon harabeoji's saying. He hopes he doesn't make the wrong choice either.

 

" Have you not found the girl yet?" Harabeoji asked Secretary Kim that is standing beside him.

" Neh, I'm sorry sir." 

" Find her please, just..before I die, I'd like to see her face. I'd like to see if she resembles Jung's face.." 

" Neh."

" You may go now."