With Jae Mi

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

It is summer, hence the bright sun, the hallway is fulled with a swarm of student, I took out the my phone to see my next schedule. 

" Art."

Let's go go, let's see Jae Mi~ I thought to myself.

" How come you're already here?" I walked into the class just to see Jae Mi smiling at her phone.

" Ahh.." She slowly shift her gaze from the phone to me." Well, Lee saem let us out early~" She chirped. 

With that, she returned her attention to her phone again. That's a 360 degree change of attitude I see. I smirk.

" What cha doin?" I put my books down to my table and sit down.

No answer.

Being the michievous me, I snatched her phone away to see what has interest her so much that she could ignore her beloved awesome best friend. 

My eyes grow rounder rounder.

" Oh my god." I looked at her. 

" Aniya, it's not like-"

" OH  MY GOD SINCE WHEN ARE YOU GUYS TOGETHER?"

" HOW DID I NOT KNOW?"

What? I pulled my hair out of frustration. I begin to think deeply about things that had happened this past few weeks. 

None.

But I've been hanging out with Luhan to realise so many things. OMG I look at her again.

" Jae Mi ah!!" I grab her shoulder. Being the timid her, she's still worry about my misunderstanding." WE NEED OUR BONDING TIME!" 

" KIM. JI. EUN." 

Why am I always caught with these situations. I closed my eyes, then open back again to face my precious teacher.

" Nehhh..."

" You've been really good with your assignment lately, I'd like you to help me with some thing, would you volunteer?"

" Ehh-"

" It's fine, you're chosen anyway, come see me later alright? Class, let's start our class." Why did she even want me to answer?

" Yah, Ji Eun, what about our bonding time?"

I showed a sloppy smile. Please, who am I?

" Just come to my house in the evening today," I show her an OK sign." Plus, I've downloaded so many new movies, we can catch up while watching them, I need to know about you and Sehun anyway!!" 

She tried to deny but I pretend not to hear, and she gave up at last. AHAHAH

 

After discussing with my teacher, I headed back home. 

" Omma!!-" I was startled by someone at the gate. At this rate, I might get a heart attack.

" Yah! Yah! Do you really want to die?" I hit Kai numerously. I can't believe he has the nerve to scare me. Oh god, never judge a book by it's cover man.

" Ouch-ouch stop! Yah, I just said hey and you were startled? What were you thinking silly?" He dodged my attack and took the chance to lightly knock my head.

" What was that for?!" 

" For hitting me?" 

I wanted to hit him but was distrupted by someone else.

" Aigoo, aigoo, Kim Ji Eun, stop hitting people already, are you going to pay for his medical bills if he's hurt?" I could feel Kai running away while I turn to the owner of the voice.

I rolled my eyes and stick my tongue out at him.

" Anyway, we're going to the place I work, you want to come?" 

" Ahh, I can't I have plans~" My voice changed at the thought of the plan later. I peaced at him.

" What kind of plan?"

" Some plan you don't need to know hehehe." 

" Well, alright, Kris hyung wanted to see you though, I'll just tell him you're busy then?"  Luhan's voice definitely changed. He was so chirpy and now, he's like, liveless?

I think for awhile and nod at him.

" Alrighttt" And I bid goodbye.

 

 

___________________

 

I refuse to believe they're not together yet! I flashed back to the time when I snatched her phone away, but the messages were so cute! I THOUGHT THEY WERE A COUPLE.

" So do you like him?" I asked Jae Mi eagerly. We're now wearing matching pajamas, lying down on my bed talking about, literally everything!

" Well, I don't know, I mean he's nice and all.." She starts to play with the hem of her shirt." But I don't know if he's..well the right one?"

Aww, poor Jae Mi. I smile at her.

"Hmmmm..." I try to sound serious, just for the sake of scaring her.

" Why? Why? Is it wrong that I feel this way?" Hah! Gotcha.

" Nope, It's perfectly fine! No one says you should date him now. If you think you know him now, then know him more. Seek for the reason behind all the cause of your act when you're with him. What does he make you feel when you're with him?" I paused, and took a handful of potato chips into my mouth."One thing, Jae Mi, you don't need a man if he's the reason of your insecurities. If Sehun's like that, I won't let you be with him. Whoever it is." 

" Oh..god..Ji Eun., you need to calm down! WE'RE NOT LIKE THAT!" She quicky denies it by raising her voice, timidly of course." yet? Don't worry I'll listen to you!" She smile widely with sealed, head bobbing up and down.

" Alright lover girl, where ya get your attitude these days huh?"

" Well..." Jae Mi smile sheepishly while scratching her temple." I've been hanging out with Baek's and all, they're sooooo hyper! I think I'm influence by them!!" Yep, definitely. Look at how she talks now.

" Unbelivable pfft." I act like I'm hurt, only to earn a scoff from Jae Mi.

Did she really just do that? Rather than being upset, I'm more amazed that Baekhyun can influence somone so shy to who she is now. I've been trying to do it for years! I'm amazed indeed.

" You're no different, girl. You've been hanging out with Luhan since forever!" She raises both of her arms to the air, to show how serious of a problem it is. Lol." I'm no joking, but Tao kept asking me whether you're dating Luhan and all! It was a bit annoying heheh, and also Kris whined me about how you've been negelecting him because of Luhan! Everyone is literally asking me about you and Luhan!"  

Really?

" Really?" I tilt my head to the side." Why is everyone so worked up?"

" Worked up? Really? Ji Eun! You guys look like a legit couple, I'm not even joking right now."

" Well not that I'm against it or anything~" She continued with a teasing tone.

" Hey..queen of loveee, why are you quiet huh?" Seeing my silence, Jae Mi continue to tease me.

" But I only see him as a friend.." My mind went blank as I try to finish my sentence.

I see him as a friend. Yes. So what. So what now? 

" Does he make you feel the way Sehun did to me?"

" How did he make you feel?" I squint my eyes at her. Damn this girl be feelin all type of ways.

" It's..-um kinda a secret..hehhehee"

" I don't think you can really explain unless you feel it yourself, what do you feel?" Guys, Jae Mi can take over my role now.

" I'm..i'm not quite sure. I sure do look forward to see him everyday, we are deskmates afterall, and hanging out with him is fun, it almost felt like hanging out with you, like I'm talking to myself, someone who knows me...but he's still a jackass."

You will realised your feelings the more you're with him, Ji Eun ah. Well, I hope HE is the one. You've been helping people with love advices when you don't even know a single thing about love, you were never loved but you're still able to give love, it makes me wonder what will happen when someone really loves you, that all of your broken pieces stick back together?

Jae Mi looked at you. While you were in deep thought, she secretly prays to god to give the life you deserve. 

Because everyone needs it. Because you need it.