Ok But Not

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

 

Luhan's day is dreaded by meetings and pressure his granpa gives him. He's starting to think if working at such a young age is helping him, I mean he should be socializing like normal teens, not signing some business contract in this room. He massage his head while signing the last paper, he can't wait to leave the room, he feels suffocated.

Then he think about you, aren't aware of what happened, he was frustrated and kick the nearest bin he sees in the room.

" Aish! She's driving me crazy."

" Why won't she listen to me at once? I am wrong, I want to apologize, don't-don't ignore me like that Kim Ji Eun!" He screamed in frustration.

He decides to call you but sees there's 10 missed call and 1 voicemail.

"Ehem..uh..yah Luhan, it's um me, Ji Eun, I'm waiting you at the cafe in front of our workplace, see you there, I have something to say..um alright b-bye.." You say awkwardly in the phone.

Luhan can't stop grinning like an idiot after the voicemail. He quickly run out of the office but someone opened the door at the same time as he did and it knocked his head so hard.

" Aahh-ahh ouch ya-"

" Oh..granpa...I'm sorry but I need to go now really really I'm really sorry bye!" 

" Yah you kiddo! Where-" And off he go to see, well um his favourite friend? //wiggle eyebrows to yall reader//

" Is he dating? Couldn't be can't he.." His granpa worry as he think about Luhan.

 

" Kim Ji Eun!" He ran to you.

"Luhan!" He naturally wrap his arm around your waist as you hug him.

" I'm sorry for being mad at you. It was really hard for me that day, but I'm fine now so don't you worry I won't use my parents as an excuse to argue with anyone anymore, I know now that there's so many people love me, and that my own selfish act and self assumption has caused trouble to some people, thank you for being there for me, Luhan." 

" But I didn't do nothing..all I did was ignoring you, you must've been hurt..I'm sorry really.."

You pull away from the hug and look at him.

" Ani, it may have been your fault too, but I can't ignore mine.."

" So we're even?" Luhan pretend to think hard.

" Pfft, nah you owe me so much!" You scoffed.

" Since when? Yahh."

" Of course, there's so many things huh? Wait you didn't even tell me your family background, I had to hear it from someone else, what kind of friend are you?" You pinch his ear.

" Sorry, I had my reasons, it's just that if our rival or anyone knows I have any close girl friend..they're going to disturb her and all, I don't want it to happen to you.." 

" Aww..Luhan! Our boy is finally grown up aigoo~" You tickle under his chin as if he's a little cat, obviously teasing him.

" Don't! Stop-stop it!" He shoo your hand away.

" Well, don't worry about me.." I face Luhan," I'm big enough to protect myself, plus I have so many bodyguards!" I refer to the other members." Now that I'm not burden by my past I think my path is getting clearer, same goes to my future..so mind your own business."

"So you don't need me? Should I go?" I wanted to stay more, but these days got you so exhausted you just want to take a deep sleep.

" Hmm, go.."

" REALLY?" Luhan did not expect you to say that. " Are you maad-"

" No~nooo I'm just a little bit weary.." Luhan's face soften as he sees your haggard face.

" Let me walk you home."

" It's fine.."

" Gosh, just-"

" Gosh, aren't you going to leave me alone?" You threathen him by elbowing that guy. 

" Alright alright! I'll send you off from the bus stop! Ok stop let's go!" He shut you up and bring you to the destination.

 

After seeing you last at the bus stop, Luhan finally feel like he could breathe. 

 

You went back to your house only to see there's more shoes than usual, curious you quickly go inside to see who came.

" Omma-I'm bac-" As if there's a lump in your throat as you see the people in front of you. Your face darken.

" Hello, nice to meet you." You force yourself to bow to the strangers.

" Omma, I'll go upstair alright." You actually live beside this house, but since you miss your foster mom you decides to see her.

" Ji Eun ah.." You came to a halt as your name was called by a voice you don't want to hear.

" Do you know me?" You turn around and face your real parent. The one calling you was your mom. Beside her, probably her new daughter. You could see the resemblance as you observe them.

" Ji Eun, don't be like this ple-"

" What did I do?" The bad that you were holding in your hands were thrown to the ground. You slightly raise your voice annoyed at her presence. Why did she even comeback if she left you for her own good.

She stay silence as she couldn't say anything.

" If you come here to see my mom, then go ahead, don't call my name like you know me." I walk to my room and slam door, as I mewl like a baby. Why does she have to comeback and open my wound.

After a long time, someone knock your door.

" Can I come in?"

You quickly wipe your tears away, and lean against your headboard.

" Yes.."

Your mom sit at the side of your bed, she looked at you pityly.

" Just say it..omma, I know you have something to say."

" Um..your mom.."

" You are my mom." She look at me, sighing.

" Alright, the woman..she said she would like to..uh..take you-"

" I have no thoughts of leaving anyone when I have omma here, why would I go to a stranger's house? Do you think I'm a fool?" 

" But.."

" Omma..please, I..I really don't want to go. I've finally accepted that she left me, but why did she come back? To make her feel better? For abandoning me? I thought home belong to family only, but omma, you and my friends make me realized that home is a feeling, whenever I'm with you I'm home, don't you get it? Do you really want me to go?" I start to cry again.

" I'm sorry..I'm sorry I know now, it's my fault that I thought I want you to go, I'm..." Your mom hug you tightly as both of you cry to each other. After all, she has been raising you for 18 years.

 

Luhan finally get to go to school and he can't wait to reunite with you. He has been missing you after the last meet. He did call you but you didn't answer, it did worry him but he shrug it off as he don't want to have any negative energy this early morning. Like they say, you attract what you think.

"Aigoo, where is that little princess~" I walk to the hallway, trying to search for Ji Eun. 

" Hyunngg! You came to school!" Sehun swing his arm around my neck.

" Aigoo, you're so busy I thought you don't want to see us anymore!" Kris joke as he sees me. 

" Hey, no way! You know I won't do that." My eyes dart around to see where Ji Eun is in the group. Everyone is practically there, except you.

" Yah! You're so obvious! I think she went to class already, look at the time now, you're so late, the bell almost ring! Let's go you can see her later aigoo, we have the same class till break time right?" 

Right, I don't have the same class as her this morning. 

" Guys, Ji Eun didn't come to school today? Do you know what's going on? Anyone?" Tao speak out as I came to the table. We're currently in the cafeteria.

" Jae Mi..did Ji Eun tell you anything? I thought Kai said she's fine!" Baekhyun whine.

" YES SHE TOLD ME OKAY SHE WAS SMILING AND JOKING-" Kai try to argue, upset that they didn't believe what he said.

" Guys, it's true, I met her last night, everything was fine." I reassure everyone.

" But then why didn't she co-" Kris whose closest to you also wonder where you are. He can't catch up with you these days, so many things happen at once, he didn't want to ask everything.

" Guys..." Everyone shift their attention to Jae Mi." Ji eun..she hasn't answered her phone since last night.." Jae Mi starts to fiddle with her fingers." She won't do it unless something happen..I'm not trying to scare you guys."

Everyone try to call you, but none of their call were answered.

WIthout thinking, Luhan dash out from school to find you ignoring the voices that were calling his name.

Luhan kept ringing the bell until someone opens the door.

" Neh..I'm sorry but I'm a friend of Ji Eun..may I see her?" 

" Ahh..I'm afraid she's not here..Luhan?"

" Yes, I'm Luhan..do you know where did she go?"

" She actually live beside my house, I think you've mistaken her home as mine, she lives with our family sometimes, try ringing her doorbells, she might be there." Your mom smile at Luhan. She has always like Luhan from the first time they met. 

Luhan said thank you to her and go to your house. No one answer. He try and call your phone. Still, no one.

" Gosh, this girl, why does she like to make me go crazy!" 

It's already evening and Luhan missed his meeting just to search for you. He has no idea where to find you. Where would be the place Ji Eun would go if she wants to hide from people? Luhan thought.

" She didn't go there, didn't she?" Luhan thought of a place, doubting himself at first but go for it at last.

 

" Ahhh, it's so cold here, if she's not her-" Luhan hug himself as the beach is chilly at night.

" YAH KIM JI EUN!" 

You've been laying down on the beach for as long as you can remember. You remember what happened before you came.

_

You were on your way to school, but your mom stopped you, asking if you guys can have a talk. Hesitantly, you agree.

" Do you really don't want-"

" No, you know how determined I am when I make a decision."

" Well..my daughters would be happy if you join.." You cringed at the word daughter. 

" Whatever..I don't need to know about your new family. Are you done? I need to go to school." You sip the every bits of coffee and left her. 

She trailed you behind as you open the door and she spoke, when both of you is outside.

" This is why we left you." Pang. You felt like someone has stabbed you a thousand times in your heart. 

" What?" You face her. Her pity expression earlier was changed to the one your used to see when you were young.

" I didn't even want to take you back? Really, I just had to fake it because my new husband wanted me to 'get back' with my daughter." She look down on me." Well, thanks to you, I have a reasonable explaination, let's not see each other anymore. You look like your dad, it annoys me to see your face."

She was ready to leave but you decided to speak, with your voice slightly croaked.

" Have..have you ever, once consider me as your family?" I don't know what kind of answer I was expecting but I still want to ask anyway.

" No, not once." 

_

" Oh, you found me.." I look at Luhan as he walks to me, angrily.

" OH YOU FOUND ME?" " Yah Kim Ji Eun, where did you go? All of your friends were so worried? Why? Why are you making me worry to death when I shouldn't? Why Kim Ji Eun?" He roars as I see his jaw clenching.

" Luhan.." Your tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face." I'm sad, I don't know what to do, I'm clearly fine without them but why is it so easy for them to say those words and act like nothing ever happened?" The muscle of your chin tremble like a small child." I think part of me is broken, I feel like something is surpressing my heart and I can't breathe..What do I do?"

Luhan slowly pulls you into his chest. His heart breaks as he sees you crying, again.