Getting by

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

Jae Mi went to your house straight away after school, she even had to cancel her meeting with Sehun. 

" Ji Eun!" She knocked your door many times." Can you please open the door? It's Jae Mi!" 

The door open slightly.

" You okay?" Jae Mi sees your face stained with tears, as if you've been crying like your heart had been wrenched from your body. 

" Hmm..get in.." I open the door slightly wider to let her in. I'm not in my best mood, but it feels good to see my best friend.

I let Jae Mi close the door and leave her to go to the kitchen, as much as depressed I want to be, I still need to feed myself, hence the tuna toast in a bowl. She trailed you behind after.

" You fought with Luhan?" Jae Mi reach for the nearest chair as she watches every of your movement.

" I guess.." I reply in a mono tone.

"Hmm.." " Aigoo, it must've been something big..or you wouldn't get upset like this..isn't it?"

" I guess.." 

" Hey, are you going to keep up with 'i guess' all the way? Until you die?" Jae Mi jokingly threatened me.

" I..it's..it's just.." Your voice starts to croak." I think Luhan hates me, don't you think?" 

" Yah...it's not like that, I'm sure-"

" Ani..I think so. He probably doesn't want to be my friend anymore, cause I'm probably a burden.." You start to feel all sorts of emotion, the one you've been burying deep inside your heart resurface and it breaks your heart tremendously. You didn't want to feel this way, but your heart wasn't listening. You start to cry louder as you remember what Uncle Jung said. You thought you were fine, you thought you've moved on, but you find yourself sinking to the ground as the beads of water started falling after one another, showing no sign of stopping.

You are not fine.

" Yah...Ji Eun.." Jae Mi was panic for a moment but she quickly hug you and silently comfort you, slowly you go into a deep slumber. 

 

" I should be thanking you sir, for sponsoring us, really thank you..sir!"

" Aigoo, just call me Abeonim, Luhan-ah." Luhan was flusteres as he continues to bow.

" Ah, that, what's her name again..Ah! Ji Eun, is she okay? Seeing from that day, I don't think she's fine though.." Uncle Jung was curious about you as they walk together to his car along the way.

" Um..I..-"

" Aigoo, it's alright you boy if you don't want to say anything.." He gently slap Luhan's arm while laughing. " She must've been a special friend to you that you could get upset at my daughter!"

He hasn't seen you eversince because the works he was given. He felt a pang of guilt as he thought about the fight. 

" Ahahh..well.."

" There goes my car, I'll see you in our next meeting."

Why does that old man never let me finish what I want to say. Luhan thought and went back to work. He's been absent for days, he wonders, what have you been up to after the argument.

" Will she be fine?" " Kim Ji Eunn!" 

 

" Hyung! She doesn't want to eat anything!! Loooook!" Tao whine, he's so worry seeing the way you act these days. The atmosphere is so tense every day.

" Ji Eun...have something to eat..we are really worry..oh?" Jae Mi spoke. 

" Sorry..I don't have appetite..I'll head back to class okay?" I put my tray away and leave to the class.

I enter the class hoping there would be no one, but disapointed as I see someone. I cursed some word under my breath.

" I didn't know you can curse."

"..."

" Well, I guess people change too, I mean look at us.."

"..."

" I'm..I want to say sorry..for saying those things that day. I was mean I admit."

" I don't think mean would be enough to cover all your crimes though." I rest my on chair, not sparing a look at the owner of the voice.

" Yah.."

" I get it, feel free now."

" Well, I didn't expect that..but-"

" You never expect anything the way you wanted," I face the person this time." You think everything revolves around you but the reality isn't, which you couldn't accept, well not sure about that now.." I pauses." Isn't that why we aren't friends anymore? I was at my darkest point..and you.." I chuckle and continue." What do you know..we were too young to know anything, Hae Sung-ah."

Hae Sung's jaw slightly open, not knowing what to say.

" Whatever.." Hae Sung pretend not to care, but deeply she feels the opposite way." I've apologized..and also I really, really didn't mean to say those things the other day. Again, I admit I've been really really evil to you, so..sor-sorry.." 

" Also, I won't bother you like I did before, I actually think a lot after getting scolded by abeoji, it really wakes me up. I've been very childish, come to think of it, I did it because of a guy." Hae Sung face palm herself." Heol..I think I was possesed, Ji Eun-ah! Guys would throw themself to me but I'm begging for one guy's attention." This earn a chuckle from you.

" Yah, you laughed? Who did I do this for tsk!"

" What are you trying to say?"

" ...It's kind of embarassing, but I was mad that you acted like you didn't know me the first year of high school..until now."

" What?" Your eyebrows furrowed.

" Yeah, I thought we are still best friend, but you ignore me when I try to talk to you!"

Oopps..did i?

" That's beca-"

" Ugh, I don't need your explanation.." She flip her hairs, like always." Anyway, when Luhan came, I guess I really liked him? When I see you guys together, it bugs the hell out of me! It would probably be okay if it was someone else, but it was you. Why really? Ahh! It just make you despise you more..But now that I've woken up, I don't think I really like him, got to admit it was probably his face!" Hae Sung continue with I deserve so much better and yada.

Maybe if I wasn't stubborn, if i take the iniative to talk to Hae Sung, thing's coud've gone a different way.

" I'm sorry too, I didn't even think about anything else, you know I thought you would leave me or anything. I overthink and it just creates a bigger gab between us-" While you were thinking about your problem, Luhan came into your mind. 

" Shhushh~We're both at faults alright, I can't believe I sound like an adult now omo!" Hae Sung took a moment to compliment herself." I was pretty caught up with fame, well obviously you can see."

" Right."

" ..."

"..."

Now we're feeling awkward with this reborned chemistry among us.

" Do you know Luhan is the heir of a company?" 

" Eh?" Without realizing, the listless feeling you've been facing slowly dissapears as you talk to the person in front of you. 

" I knew it. That jerk probably wouldn't tell you! Now I know why you call him jerk."

" Yah, Hae Sung, did you stalk me?"

" Ughh, was that obvious?" Hae Sung gave me a sheepish smile. Damn her determination to take Luhan over was real.

" Whatev, you should ask him, aren't you guys close?"

" Well-"

" ahh shusshh-I don't want to know, I'm not completely over with him, there's 10 percent left okay. Get those things clear between you guys, I don't think his grandpa would allow him to date, but who knows? Don't get yourself a guy who has a lot of secret, girl. Take it from a pro." She winked at me.

" Date? Hey, we're just fr-"

" That's what you say~~" Hae Sung picks up her books as she sees the bell almost ring leaving you behind with her last sentence. 

 

It almost the last lesson of the day. You wanted to call someone but only realise that you don't have his phone number.

" Aish-babo!" You keep hitting your head and was stop by someone.

" Yah! No matter how sad you are, yah you can't torture you like this!" Kai pulls your hand away from your head.

" Oooh, Kaiii~I see you're worry about me~" I . 

" What, did the depressed ghost leave your body already? Is this the Ji Eun I used to know?" Kai slightly shake both of my shoulders.

" Stop it, Kai oppa..sorry I've been worrying you guys." I smile sheepishly.

" Aigoo, I thought I have to buy every ice cream store to make you smile again! Aish, don't do again!"

" Awwww, my oppa is soooo sweeet~"

" Aish, go-go away!" He tries to shoo me away. You can do that when I was depressed but not now when I finally solve my inner issues, as well as the others.

" Fine fine, right! Before I forget, I need Luhan's phone number! Give it to me, quickly~"

" What, are you guys friend again? No more fight?"

" Aigoo, soon soon, I'm trying to fix our friendship but you aren't giving me his number? Um hello??" I wave my hands in front of his face.

" Ugh, there, I forward his number to you already, go check it and really please no more fights or anything! God-"

" Oppa, I get it stop being a chatterbox and help me tell the others to stop worry about me anymore. Byeee."

 

" Aish, this guy, is he that busy that he didn't see me call?"

I hit my forehead.

" Right! It's unknown number." 

" Ahh! Why did I only get his phone number now!"

" I've been calling him for almost 10 times!" I squat down.

I'll just voicemail him. You thought to yourself.

 

2 hours later...

 

" I can't belive I'm risking my life for a guy." 

" Aigoooooo~~" I stare to the sky that has no stars today.

" Kim Ji Eun, you're so loyal to your friends, will you ever get a boyfriend? You poor girl!" You console yourself and put your hand on your heart, trying your best to comfort it.

" KIM JI EUN!" 

I turn around to see a figure that I've never seen for a while. Not knowing I'll regret my action, my pace fasten as my feet quickly make it ways to him.

" Luhan.." You threw your arms around his neck, it wasn't long that tears start to stream down your cheek, wetting his collared shirt. 

" Where've you been.." You hug him tighter as he hold your waist to return the feeling.