His Story

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

After calming Ji Eun down, I insist to walk her home. The silence make her inner voice more audible, as we walk side by side I look at her, worrily.

" I might not be able to go to school..these few days.." Her voice sounds so dry after crying.

" Oh..alright, I'll tell the others.."

" Don't worry, I won't be gone for long, don't want you guys to miss me so much."

" And you have the nerve to joke right now? Aigoo, I was worried to death!"

" Really really?" Ji Eun forces herself to smile and joke with Luhan.

" No, I was lying~" I .

" There you go! See you in a few days then?" Without realizing, both of you had arrived in front of your house.

" Hmm.." Ji Eun reply and walk into her house, not once turning to me. 

 

" Hyung, I found Ji Eun, I think you need to see her, she probably needs someone right now." I hang up the phone after Kris heard what I said and went back home. 

"Ahh, I should've bought her ice cream. She kind of need that didn't she?" I decided to go to the nearest mart to buy you ice cream. At least ice cream has the higher chance to make you smile again. With that thought he go back to the path to your house to give you those.

At that moment, Luhan got an incoming call from his granpa. Aish I forgot about him!

" Neh, granpa..but..neh..neh..I'll come over.." Luhan had to go back or else he gonna get grounded.

" Aigoo, this poor ice cream, I guess you are save today, or else you'll have to sacrifice yourself!" Luhan talked to the ice cream and swing the plastic bag, going back home.

 

As Luhan step into his house, he could feel the weird aura in the house. Gosh, that old man!

" Where have you been?" Luhan was about to switch on the light when the sofa in front of him turn around showing a scary figure, which startled him that his quickly kiss the ground.

" HARABEOJI!!" 

" You don't call me that! Kid where did you go? I had to meet the vip themself so that they don't throw a fit! Do you think business is a game?"

" I'm sorryy...harabeoji, I'm a teen too, gosh do you think I want to work? I have friends to socialize with alright!" Luhan talks back, shocked that he had the nerve to do that.

" Aigoo, my heart aigoo! I get it, I forgot you're a teen in a moment!" Luhan's granpa throw some cushions to him, clearly pretending to be upset.

" So, where've you been? What are you holding?" He continues as he notices Luhan is holding something.

" Ahh, this one, I was about to give it to my friend but you called me, so I came over first." Luhan smiles sheepishly as he thought about while explaining to his granpa.

" You sure are a nosy one..are you dating someone?"

" Ehhh that's im-" Luhan stopped as you came into his mind. He looked over his hand." It's the ice cream I bought for you.." He remembers the time when he was worry about you, all the things he did just so you're safe and happy. The on and off feeling he sometimes feel for you. He tried so hard to be nonchalant about it, but now that he thinks about it, he has always wanted to be there for you, regardless of what situation. He would think of you times to times when he works. He even thought of so many things just to be your friend back in the days.

" Don't tell me-" 

" Harabeoji," Luhan look at him." HARABEOJI!" Luhan attack his granpa with a bear hug, squealing like a fangirl while he finally know he's feeling.

 

" If you take too long to comeback, I'll ask Baekhyun and Tao to drag you arasso?" Kris came to your house to see you.

" Well...can't really guarantee that.." You slightly chuckle.

" Look at you, aigoo I've spoilt too much!" Kris lightly knock your head, hoping it can knock some sense into your brain.

" Yah, you can't do that to a depressed person!"

" Why, are you that depressed?" Kris tickle your sensitive spot.

" Yah-yah stop, it tickles-"

" See now you're laughing!"

" Thank youuu for making me laugh~" You say it sarcastically, facing him.

" Gege.."

" Yeah?"

"..."

" Yeeesss? Helloo.." Kris try to sound funny as possible because he knows you're not okay, he didn't want to force you to say anything. If you want to, you will tell him when you're ready.

" For a moment, a part of me really think, perhaps she really want me back. You know how I am..if you keep coming to me, I'd give in, maybe if she really does that, who knows I will follow her." 

" But I was wrong.." I laugh with no intention of thinking it's funny." Boy was I wrong.."

" So, are you going to cry for days for someone who threw you away, and now had stop by your life, very fast..just like wind she's..gone. Pieww." He pauses as both of you look at each other. He sees your puffy eyes, and look away." You lived so well without them, why now you feel miserable that she came and left. You are heartbroken I can see that, but to me it was your mind tricking you that you need her in your life. Not saying you don't, but right now, this moment, think about who's always been there for you. Who had raise you to become who you are now...I know it may not be my place to say this, she is your mom and will forever be, however no one can beat the love the one who took care of you for 18 years, and me and your friends that genuinely love you. When you feel like crying because of her, try and think about the people that really loves you for who you are."

" Kris ge...." The tears start flowing like a stream, you give him a quick hug and go back to your room, while thinking about the advice he gave you.

 

Luhan is dying because he can't call you because of what happened. He wants to give you space, but he want to listen to your voice so badly.

" Aish, I'm dying right here!" He screamed in frustration.

" Harabeoji! Where are you going? I want to follow too!" Luhan skipped to his granpa as he sees him wearing a suit, looking handsome.

" Nope, just stay at home, you're grounded remember?"

" Gosh, I can't believe I'm grounded at this age!"

" Aigoo, look at the way you talk! YOU SAID YOU WANT TO BE LIKE OTHER TEEN!" Harabeoji hit Luhan's head and head out.

" That old man really, I can't see through what he's thinking." Luhan sigh as he called his friends to come over. 

 

" Halmeoni..how have you been?" I look at the tombstone in front of me. It's her 2nd death anniversary, with the chaos recently, you nearly forget the date. Luckily, your mom reminded you. Her family insisted to follow but you wanted to be alone, hence now you're alone in the graveyard.

" Haih..life is so unfair, I can't believe you leave me alone here.." You pour down halmeoni's favourite wine and put it infront of her. Mom came and find me a few days ago, I guess I really did bring them badluck, she pretended to want me but in the end it was all lies. Kris oppa told me that I shouldn't be bothered because it will be unfair to the people who has loved me with all of their heart. I speak to her in my mind.

" Should I really, not be sad anymore?" 

" But come to think of it, what oppa said is true. I've been receving so much support and love from my family and friends, it's time for me to give isn't it? Omma, will forever be a scar in my heart..but that doesn't mean I won't be loved by anyone anymore. Yah..I'm so self centered! Halmeoni, your grandaughter deserve this didn't she?" I laugh to myself, feeling so much better. 

" I'm going..I'll see you around, halmeoni?" 

I leave the place with strangely great feeling, as if the weight that has been pressing my heart has gone, I feel free.

" Who are these people?" I walk down the stair as I see a group of people wearing all black passing me. They all look like bodyguards, I supposed. I assumed it'a somekind of VIP as I see an old man in the middle, walking with them secured beside him.

" Aigoo, being rich must have it benefits." I think as I look at them going in the graveyard. Aigoo, whoever they visiting must be happy, for having someone to remember them, even though they've become big people.

 

After walking downhill, I got tired so I decided to stop by the nearest mart to get some water. I go to the counter to pay as I found the drink I want.

" Wait..where's my wallet?" I search both of my pockets and inside my hoodie, but it wasn't there.

" Agashi, are you going to pay? There's more people behind you!" I look behind me and there's a line forming, I said sorry and leave the mart.

" Where did my wall-Aah! I must've dropped it when I was bowing to halmeoni! Aish, you dumb!" Now you have to walk uphill again just to get back your damn wallet.

" It's getting so late!" You look at your watch, it's already 6:30, the sun is starting to set. I better be fast, you didn't think much and run, but it was at a corner and you didn't see incoming car another side.

" Aaah! Ouch ouch.." So much for being fast, now you got hit by a car. Not to mention, an expensive one. Now you got yourself another trouble, you fear what if the rich old man you saw earlier is arrogant and want to get refund and all. All kinds of thought came into your mind, but some voice interupted you.

" Miss..are you okay?"

" Ne-neh! I'm really fine, look-ouch!" I flinch as I could feel my ankle being fractured." I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to knock your car, I'm really sorry, If you want refund, we can tal-"

" Hahahahahahahaha-" The old man already got out from the car, but he was fascinated that you could say such things, rathen than threathening them for knocking you over, he finds it amusing.

" Hehehe...?" You follow him laugh, that would make it better right? 

" Um, Secretary Kim, go get her some oitment or anything." He order the guy who asked me whether I'm okay. I smile, awkwardly at him as he smile formally and go to get the stuff.

" Come here, get in the car, while we wait for him." He laughs as he go inside the car, and another man opens the car door for me. I look at him dumbfoundedly, thinking whether to go in or not. What if he's a ert and he wants to do-.

" Miss, can you go in? And don't worry we're not a mafia gang, our chairman won't do anythin bad. He's been living his life serving people and most of the money he got he dono-"

" Aah, neh neh I get it.." I shut him off before he tells me a whole story the whole night. But he's loyal, so I'll give him a point.

" Uhh, harabeoji, firstly I'd like to say sorry for being clueless and not watching my steps. I deserve to be scolded or-"

" Harabeoji?!"

" Neeeh..." I realized I slip my tongue, he probably didn't want me to call him that. Of course he's such a big man." Aah! I'm so sorry, um chairman?"

" Ahahahahahahahaa.." He cracks up as soon as I call him chairman. Is he going to kill me now? Don't they do that in movies?

" I've never seen such, nice young girl like you! Your parents sure did well on raising you. Kid these days, don't even care to apologize when they do wrong." 

" Chair-"

" Call me harabeoji, I'm not in the office, plus you're not my workers."

" Neh, harabeoji, but it was really my fault.."

" Aigoo, alright take the blame if you want to!" 

" I'd gladly to do so.." You smile cutely at him as you start warming up to him. You know you shouldn't, but you feel like seeing halmeoni again, except this is a guy version.

" Such a pretty girl! Were you visiting someone?"

" Neh, my halmeoni."

" Ah, I'm so sorry to hear that."

" It's fine! I'm okay! At one point we need to move on don't we? She might not like it if I say this, but she left me first, what do I do, leaving such poor girl in this world alone and enjoying heaven, halmeonii definitely had the nerve!" I pretend to be mad and tease my halmeoni.

" Aigoo, aigoo, you're so funny, if you're halmeoni heard this she would be very upset." The old man impressed at you.

" Eh, harabeoji I'm not done yet! Did I tell you she's in here? Look, it's the safest place to put if you want to remember someone dearly. It's the closest someone can be, as long as it keeps beating. I won't forget her. Heck, she probably woudn't let me!" I point my chest, not forgetting to make a joke at last.

" You're so sweet, aigoo, if only I have a grandaughter." His hand reaches your head and pat them. He wanted to say more, but it was interupted as your phone start to ring.

" Excuse me..Why?" I excuse myself from harabeoji and answer the phone.

" WHYYY? DO YOU WANT TO DIE? WHERE ARE YOU DO YOU KNOW IM INFRONT OF YOUR HOUSE AND YOU"RE NOT-"

" Aigoo, this jerk! I'm not in Seoul, you should've called me if you wanted to visit me!"

" Fine, I'm waiting for you. Come back faster!" I miss you. The caller did not say that out loud.  

" Gosh, you sure like to make my life miserable! I'm gonna hang up."

" I'm sorry harabeoji, you must've been startled! I normally talk like that to my friend.." I scratched the back of my head.

" It's okay, I get it, but is it urgent, do you need to go back?" At that moment, the door open revealing, the guy earlier, he asked me to show me the ankle so that he can wrap the bandage.

" It's alright, he said he's just going to wait, it's okay he can wait longer!" 

" He?"

" Yeah, it's my guy friend."

" Aigoo, you shouldn't let him wait for so long! Your boyfriend wouldn't like it!"

" Harabeoji! Wh-what boyfriend! He's not my boyfriend.." I blush at the thought of it.

" Look at your face! Whatever it is, if he's willing to wait for you outside the house, at this time round, to him you can't be just friend. Trust me, no guy would do that unless he likes the girl."

I grin at him, not believing what he said. 

" It's done." The secretary wrap it so neatly, I thought he was a real doctor. I said thank you looking at him, the corner of his lips curve upwards for a while but it quickly returns to a straight line as our eyes crossed. He looked puzzle for a while, and with a welcome he return to his driver seat. 

" Harabeoji! Thank you so much!" I thanked him with aegyo, which earn him another laugh.

" Well I didn't help yo anything.."

" Nope! You're wrong! It was so much fun talking to you, harabeoji, really thank you, thank you for being another kind person in this world, when I thought the world only consists of bad people. Thank you for making me realizing that." I smile gratefully at him.

" Also, don't be too hard on your grandson, he's the same age as me right? Harabeoji might think I'm being nosy, but oh well when are we going to meet, might as well tell you. I'm sure he understand you, but boys don't get so mature that fast, I'm sure harabeoji you know that too. Maybe you should let him do the things like other teens do. I can guarantee in the end of the day, he'll come back to you! Aigoo, I'm sorry there you go, I'm being nosy again!" I pretend to pinch my mouth. 

" Alright, little girl, if you talk more, I might want you to be my grandaughter! Faster the bus is coming, it was a pleasure to meet you." You bid goodbye to him as you ride the bus and go back home.

 

On the ride home, your advice keeps running in his mind. 

" Maybe she's right.." The old man thought about his grandson. " I wish we could meet again, such a precious girl she is." He laugh genuinely for the first time. Mean while, Secretary Kim is thinking so hard, you look so familiar, but he just couldn't figure it out where did he see you.

The car is park perfectly in the garage and the old man gets down. At the same time, his grandson came back too.

" Yah, you went out without my permission? Aigoo, jinja you really want to die don't you?" He wanted to hit him, but stop as he remember your advice.

" Ehem.." He adjust his suit. " Where did you go? Did you have fun with your friends?" He speaks, gentler than before. This earn a few looks from a few people around him. Like his grandson, Secretary Kim, you know.

" Well, I did go out. But I only met one friend.." He timidly reply, scared if his grandpa going to hit him or what.

" I see. Good then, have a good rest. But remember, no girlfriend or whatsoever, I have someone for you, don't even think of running away."

" I don't think I can obey that last one, harabeoji." He look at his grandpa sternly.

" What?"

" I have a girl that I like. Scratch that, I really really like her. So harabeoji, don't try to do silly things, I'll protect her at all cost. Marrying? I won't marry someone I don't know, at least I wouldn't want to commit the same mistake as you did. I'm sorry that I've dissapointed you." 

" LUHAN! WHAT DID YOU SAY WHAT-AHH MY BACK-" Harabeoji shouted at him, but it didn't last long cause as soon as he shouts his back felt painful. 

" Aigoo, agashi, I don't know if I should listen to you..." He muttered to himself as he thought about your advice and Luhan's stubborness.