Crazy for you

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

 

" Mooom, can I NOT go to school?" You beg your mom, swinging her arms like a little kid.

" No, young girl, this is your senior year, don't you know your attendance is so important-"

" Neh..got it. Now this young girl is ready to leave for school. Byeee~" You purposely emphasize the whole sentence with sarcasm, of course teasing your mom, and quickly sprint out so that she didn't get to finish her lecture.

" Hah, 1 point to the oh so awesomee Ji Eun!" You throw a fist in the air. " I really didn't want to go there and see him..aish.." You talk to the ground as if he's one of your friend.

" What are you doing talking with the ground?" I jumped in fright upon hearing a voice.

" Yah, don't scare me like that Luhan!" I cross my arms at him." Why are you here?"

"Uhh.." He rub the back of his neck and clear his throat." Well, I thought it would be dangerous for you to walk alone because of yesterday.."

" And you wasted your money on the bus fare just to come here and walk with me?"

" Yeah.."

" WHY? Are you crazy?" I refuse to understand why he's doing that when he has a girl to court with.

" What's wrong with me doing it?" We started to walk as he ask me not realizing what has he done.

" Luhan!" I shrieked at him, which earn a slight jump from him.

" Yeeees?" Luhan's palm is sweating, unable to predict your reaction. When he thinks he knows you, you prove him wrong. When he doesn't, you act the other way round.

" You're not supposed to do this! You have a girl that you like, remember? We don't want to cause any misunderstanding-" Of course the whole time I try to act like I'm okay with him liking the girl, without trying so hard to kill the girl repeatedly in my mind.

" Wait, so you were freaking out just because of this?"

" YES!" I'll just like him alone, as his friend.

" I can't...rreally hahahaha-" Luhan bent over resting his hand on his knees as he laugh hesterically.

" I don't think you're supposed to laugh right now." A line appears between eyebrow as I try to understand his situation. He's so weird sometimes, part of me hopes that the girl won't like him back because of this. Aigoo, I'm so evil..

" Gosh, you're the cutest.." He pinches my cheek, and walk ahead to pay the bus fare while I try to find some empty seats, looking like I've been standing under the sun for the entire day! If only they have apps for when your crush is going to make a move and it notifies you. How awesome would it be?

We're sat on the backseat of the bus. Luhan is trying to regain from earlier. Why are you so eager to help me with the girl I like? Luhan thought as he attempt to hold his smile until he arrives at school. 

 

" Luhan aren't you coming with me?" I put my books in my locker, peering over to see what he's doing.

" You go first, I have something to do." I wanted to say something but was interupted by a very extremely girly voice with a weird accent. 

" Opppaa!" Both of us turn to the direction of the voice.

" Victoria." I mutter bitterly to myself.

She goes to Luhan and link their arms together, whispering to his ears and act all flirtatious. My hand suddenly feel pain only to notice I've squeezed my books too hard, they almost rip. 

I really don't like that girl! You mentally curse her in every language, is that even possible.

" Let's go, Luhan, you need to help me." Her eyes turn into a crescent when she smiles, obviously it suits her so well, heck even her features are perfectly aligned! I hit my head when I realised I was observing her, god Ji Eun you should stop doing that.

You are an amazing woman, and your aegyo is the best, you're the best! Ji Eun chant it to herself, not wanting to be discouraged. She's just positive like that.

 

" So that's what he's been doing?" I roll my eyes for the umteenth time as I thought about the scene this morning. 

" Right, why should he hang out with someone like me? True, pretty girls are basically throwing themself to him, he's a guy afterall!" I talk to myself unaware that some people are talking about me being a weirdo.

" Yah, you guys have nothing to do? Talking about people behind their back, I beg you guys, do your own things before I dig out yall eyeballs!" Hae Sung was annoyed seeing how the others treat you that way, even if you are unaware of it, she still doesn't like it. Not after all those years of being best friends, she still is grateful to have you in her life.

It's bathroom break, so Hae Sung walk away from her seat and sit beside you.

" Why?" You look her, surprised.

" What, can't I see my ex best friend? Want me to go-" 

 " Aigoo, alright, stay okay! I thought you've changed, god Hae Sung. Still as childish as ever~"

" Look who's talking!" She grins.

" We're even then." I nod vaguely.

" But why are you so, uhh like this? Where's partner in crime huh?" 

" Ugh, don't even bring out his name, I might kill innocent people." 

" Did you guys fight?" Hae Sung thought you guys look fine just few days ago, she sometimes couldn't understand what's wrong with both of you. Based on her professional observation, you guys are most probably okay, most probably into each other, but none of you twos are doing anything. Even as an observer, she feels so frustrated looking at this two weirdos.

" Hah, nope, I just hate him today!" You crush your pen thinking about Luhan with another girl.

" Okay, relax.." Hae Sung quickly take your pen away, and hold your hand." So..he's not with you, and that's why you're moody?"

" Ugh, I don't know.." You mentally curse for being quick witted, but of course you're too shy to admit.

" Yes you do, girl!" 

" Why do you gotta be so smart sometimes, Hae Sung?" You give up so quickly, seeing Hae Sung can almost see you through like a clear transparent glass. You're such an open book sometimes. " Thought you lost your skills, after all that happened.."

" No nono, Ji Eun don't underestimate the queen!"

" If you're the queen, then I'm the epitome of goddess." You nonchalant say it out, trying to piss her off, jokingly of course.

" Whatev, so what's up with the both of you? Just date already you two, oh my god."

" What-wha..he doesn't like me, he said he likes someone else." You sigh as you think you're already rejected without getting to try.

" He? Luhan likes someone else? No way!" Obviously, Hae Sung doesn't believe that crap. She knows too well that Luhan actually likes you. Like she said, she's a pro.

" Um yeah? He's going to confess to her soon, aish I'm so stupid, why did ask him to introduce his future girlfriend to me!" You mess up your hair, blaming yourself.

" Aigoo, I wish I could help you Ji Eun ah!" Pfft, I don't need to help you at all lol, that guy has been hinting you and you haven't caught anything just shows how dense you are aigoo. Hae Sung thought.

" It's okay, you'll be fine!" She pat Ji Eun's back. So he likes someone eh?

" You think so?"

" Of course, the goddess Ji Eun gonna find someone who likes her back, trust me. My instinct is always right." 

" Whatever, I'll keep that in mind." Feeling dispirited, you just take in whatever Hae Sung told you, she seems so genuine and happy, you didn't want to hurt her nice intention or anything.

 

" Ji Euuuuun! Ah, I feel like we haven't seen each other for years!" 

" I know Jae Mi, how's life lately? Happy huh?" I eye wiggle my brows.

" You guys just met each other few days ago??" Kai interrupt our happy conversation, not being able to understand us.

" So how was your trip to Gyeong Ju?" Jae Mi proceed to asking me questions, both of us ignoring him.

" Did you see them ignoring me?" Kai scream in an unbelivable tone as he point both of us to other members.

" Girls.." I heard Baekhyun slit some words as Kai breaks down. 

" Oh Kai, why are you being so dramatic today?" I decided to talk to that poor guy.

" He got rejected by-" Kris walk into the picture to explain Kai's situation but was stop when his mouth was covered by someone's hand. 

" Yah, I told you not to tell anyone!" Someone definitely woke up on the wrong side of bed today. Kai is unusally cracnky, and it's amusing to see him like this. He never loses his cool.

" Ah, I get it now!" My index finger point towards the ceiling." Is it that Krystal girl?" 

Everyone's eye turn into golf balls. 

" Wha-"

" Howw-"

" Kim Ji Eun! But you were too busy hanging out with Luhan, how did you know! You're so sly OH MY GOD!"

Woah, these people need to chill.

" Tao, Baekhyun both of you should get used to this right now, don't ya think?" I flip my hair, I've always been the unpredictable one in unpredicatable situations. They should really get used to my sudden genius mode.

" And Kai, I know alright. Uh, did I hang out with that jerk a lot? I didn't know that.." I scratch my palm trying not to think about him whenever someone mention his name.

" Daebak, how did you know?" The cool guy Kai actually has pink his cheek while trying to dig some info from me.

" Umm..ice cream?" 

" Argh, fine, I don't need to know anyway!" He stomp his feet.

" Okay, I've got nothing to lose." I shrug so cooly, to agitate him. I keep staring at him, smirking.

" Don't give me that look!"

" What, what did I do?" 

" Ahh, Ji EUn, when are you going to spend time with mee? Gege missses youuu!" Kris slung his arm around me, acting cute.

" You can just punch my number!" I rest my head on his toned chest. Ooh, imma fangirling.

" Right, you make it sound so easy! Everytime I do tha Luhan divert my attention, without me knowing I ended up not calling you!" 

" He did that? Why would he do that!! I thought you don't want me anymore~" I told him in a sad like tone.

" I don't know~ He's so attached to you ugh." Kris knows exactly why, he's provoking you here, but he did want to hang out with you at times, but Luhan doensn't let him, HES SO JEALOUS WHEN YOU'RE NOT HIS YET PFFT. Kris roll his eyes mentally when he remembers the time Luhan try to make him away when there's chance.

In the background, Kai is contemplating whether to ask you or not. I mean he's probably only going to lose around 30 dollars? Maybe? You eat expensive ice creams only. Damn Ji Eun! He thought to himself.

" Yah Ji Eun, here.." He hand me some money. Impatience I see?

" What's that? Why did you give me the money?"

" Don't act innocent Kim Ji Eun.." 

" I want you to go with me~" Aha, it's so fun teasing him like this.

"Aigoo, seeing you guys like this make me think you guys are a couple aww!"

" Us?" Both of us burst into laughter, for once we're in sync.

" WHat? Kai's dating Ji Eun? What since when?"

I thought Tao was playing with Baekhyun, since when was he listening to us. Being the cheeky me, I just like to piss my friend off.

" Just now? Right Kai~" I link his arm, locking it that even when he tries to push it off, it won't budge. 

" Kai?" I nudge him, laughing.

" Ji Eun is dating Kai?" Suddenly, Luhan's voice came into the picture.

He is asking all of us, but his gazed are fixed on me. I want to look away but it feels as if he's locked mine with him, no matter how I try to get away, my eyes will always land on his. My arms naturally drop to the side of my hips, as the whole thing happens I thought, why do I suddenly feel scared that he might missunderstoon the situation? Am I his girlfriend? No. Does he like me? No. I realize that I'm slowly liking him even more than yesterday, that I fear if he really ends up with another girl, can I stand by and watch? I don't know. I look at Kai sullen expression, then I picture myself being him. He must've had a hard time. 

" Of course, who doesn't want to date our cool Kai right?" So I grab his arm again, and smile affectionly to Kai. 

" Woah, this is hot new-"

"Yah, shut up." Kris sense the tension between both of you, thus asking Tao to shut his nosy mouth. Before he gets punch by someone else.

" You think I can't see you lying? Kai likes Krystal alright." Luhan's reaction slighty hurt me a little bit. So, am I not worth enough for someone to like me? Kai is trying to comprehend what is going on right now. Another person knows his secret? WHAT? Kai mentallly thought. Is he THAT obvious?

" Ugh, whatever! Let's go Kai, you need to bring me to class, let's eat ice cream later!!" I pull Kai as he put some pressure on his body, not wanting to follow me. 

" You're so annoying!"

" Hey, don't speak to your girlfriend like that!" I shushed him up, enjoying teasing him. So much fun than with the jerk!

" Yah, if you do this, I won't help you to get your girl-" Halfway to my class, I get upset because he's so not interested at me, like can't he play along with me even though we're bros to each other? Like JUST FREAKING PLAY ALONG. 

" Wai-wait Ji Eun, what are you tryi-"

" You know what I am trying to say. Let go of my hand now. Pfft, you didn't even want to do any skinship with me earlier, and now you're all so touchy?" I pull my hand away from him, pretend to be angry.

" Yah..Ji Eun! Alright, I'm sorry I'm sorry, help me...pleassseee~" He clasp his hand together.

" Beg me~"

" Ji Eun, the goddess of this world, her previous, present and current life will always be the queen in our heart.." As Kai tries so hard to elaborate, I can't stop laughing I have to wipe away my tears.

Behind them, two pairs of eyes are staring at them with jeaolusy and rage. One's Luhan, and the other is Krystal.

" Hmmm, okay! Bring me to the ice cream shop after school!" Finally the torture has ended, Kai spoke to himself internally. 

" Omo, Kai, hi!" I turn to the owner of the voice, one side of my mouth lift up.

" Hello! Krystal right? I've heard so many things from other senior, keep up the good work junior?" I smile at her, but her attention is only at Kai. 

" Thank you, but sunbae you know Kai oppa? I didn't see you guys-"

" Ahh, oppa? Aigoo, jagi, look what happens when we keep our relationship a little too private." I pinch his cheek, clearly having fun.

" Neh?" Kai look at me confusedly and understand it straight away as he sees the way my eye move. Woah, we do understand each other too. That's new.

" I'm sorry, Krystal, she's uhh she's you know..she's-"

" Girl friend! Right Kai?" I could literally see his temple is sweating, at this point I am trying so hard not to laugh, I could feel pain coming from my stomach. God, this is so funny.

"Anyway, he needs to send me off to class, See you later?" I waved goodbye at her sad face. I look at Kai, that dark skin guy is having pale face for the first time! 

" Just go, Ji Eun. I'm not in-"

" I get it!" I skipped to class, leaving him with his mouth open, I figure out the solution to both of them. Bunch of dense people. I shake my head.

 

The whole time, I was humming to my favourite group, Teen Top's song. 

" So, this is where I appear..then.." I sketch out my plan, couldn't contain my happiness. Match making people is so fun!

" Ji Eun." 

" Yeah.."

"Are you really dating Kai?" I stop writing as I face him. What is so wrong with me dating Kai?

" Why?" More lines appear on my forehead, not understanding Luhan's intention.

" I'm as-"

" What if I am, what if I'm not." 

" No-nothing..I just didn't think Kai would like you, that way of course.." His voice grow softer after every word.

" Well, I guess I'm pretty amazeballs~" I notice the positive vibe from his suddenly disappear, replacing with a bad, don't talk me kinda one.

"How's your girl?"

" My girl?" He only react 10 seconds later, I don't want to be full of myself, just because I like him, but the way he looks at me is so intense, I would blush if he continues to do it. 

" Uh, the girl you like, what happen?"

" Right, that girl." He sound so sad just by mentioning the girl.

" I think she doesn't like me, she was hugging another guy. I saw her earlier.." I've never seen Luhan this way before, my heart breaks seeing him like this. Now my beast mode is on, I feel like flying to the girl and punch her face for not noticing my crush. Hmph!

" Luhan..." I call his name softly, fear that if I call him any louder, the wall he was building will crash down. You don't want to see him break down, not in the class, not in front of everyone.

" It's okay, I'm here.." I rub his arm lightly, hoping it will soothe his feeling. Gosh, so many unrequited feelings these day. First me, then kai, then this guy! God, we could form a club for heartbroken gals and guys now.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" I ask him, seeing him not talking.

" No, you, a girl walking a guy home? You're crazy, Kim Ji Eun." That's Luhan, in spite of what situaiton, he could still joke.

" Why not, my favourite friend got rejected of course I should be with him until he's okay!"

" I want to be alone..sorry Ji Eun.." His voice is so hollow, it's so empty, like it's lifeless. 

" Alright. I'll-"

" But I never get to confess to her." Boy, you still want to do it?

" You must like a lot don't you?" This time, my heart shreds into pieces, trying to put my feelings away from this case, I hold back my tears. 

" A lot." 

" Go ahead, confess to her. If she doesn't like you, so be it. What more can you lose? You still have a bunch of amazing friends, and people who really loves you. You're going to lose a girl, not the world. Do it, or you'll regret." I was shock at the advice I gave him. I'm right, if he doesn't like me, then it's fine. It hurts of course, but I'm just gonna lose one human being now, when, in the world there's 7 billiion people who exists, why care about that 1 person? Why does it take 1 person to control your mind, your heart and everything, yet we didn't realize we were so fine without them before they enter our life? 

Maybe because we think they would complete that 1 percent in 99 percent, maybe if we add him/her, we will be a complete person. But, to me, he's equally important, however happiness comes from within, even if he completes me, the relationship wouldn't work out if I'm not happy with myself. I'm still going to like him, but that doesn't mean I need to degrade myself just to let him fall in love with me. That's not right.

" Really? I should.."

" Of course." I chuckle at my thoughts." Just don't get too carry away if she doesn't return the feelings back. For all I know, the right people will come to you if you do it right, to yourself." 

" Do you love me, Ji Eun?" The sudden question had me taken aback. I open my mouth then close it back again.

" I do. I love you of course, as a friend?" Ugh, I'm such a liar.

" Friend..right..thanks, I'll think about your advice~hey you're so good at this. I can't believe the idiot Ji Eun is talking me in!" 

" Call me awesome!" I brush my shoulder.

 

" Ji Eun! What are we doing here?" I've been dragging Kai to another store, that's not an ice cream shop.

" What?"

" We're supposed to go to buy your ice cream?" He roll his eye, annoyed.

" Well, I'm just searching for som-Oh there she is." My eyes follow to a girl that enters the shop. 

" Gosh, whoever it-" 

" It's fine, she seems busy! Let's go!"

" No! Wait, what are we doing here.." Kai pull me so that I stay on my ground.

" Ugh, you're so frustrating! Can't you see her? Go, talk to her, she's working in that shop. Do whatever you need to do, confess all that stuff." I explain everything him in a monotonious tone. He's such a dim wit.

" I do-don't understand.."

" Just confess, trust me, you're going to hug me feeling grateful tomorrow at school." 

" But-"

" I'm going to kick your , if you but again!" I push him into the store, leaving him with the girl. Ugh, I've done everything I could. You met Krystal actually, pretend to catch up with her, and then you found out that she likes Kai too, it's not that Kai was rejected, that guy misunderstood some stuff. So you pretty much told her the truth, except the part where Kai likes her, that's up to Kai to reveal to her.

 

I walk back home enjoying the silence at night, it's perfect for a heartbroken child. I chuckled.

I'm going to confess to her.

You receive a text from Luhan. 

Goodluck!

You didn't want the text to be lenghty and all emotional, so you just send a short and sweet wish to him. Inside you feel like bawling out.

 

"Everyone is dating, and I'm here having unrequited love. You're so unlucky, Kim Ji Eun!" I shout to the sky, blaming the wind for being too cold, blaming the birds for tweeting at night, is that even possible? Blaming everyone that's in a relationship! Aigoo, why do I feel so jealous suddenly!

I pull my hood over my head, face facing the ground, thinking about my oh so tough life. I keep walking without looking in front, but I came into a halt as I could feel someone in front of me. My eyes open wide as I look up to see the owner of the feet.

" What are you doing here?" Luhan looks like he just finished a 100m race, his blonde hair is all over the place, but it never fail to make him more handsome, even in the state, even when he's trying to catch some air, he's truly beautiful.

" Did you run?" I walk to him since he's not responding.

" Don't!" I stop." Don't walk to me." I was startled but still I listen to him. And so, my feet is stick to the ground as I wait for him to fully catch the air he needs.

" Can I go to you now?" My left feet starts to move forward.

" No! Just stay, stay there."

" Yah, I'm not in the mood to play-"

" Me too." His voice change into a serious tone.

" Luhan, is everything okay? Are you o-"

" Can you, don't date Kai, please." 

" What?" Instantly, I feel offended and angry at this guy standing in front of me. 

" Don't date him, please." I almost soften when he says please, but quickly I realize what he's doing. He's controlling me again. And I let him, almost. 

" Gosh, Luhan, I think you're sick we-"

" Answer me." His brown eyes radiated a hopeful, longing gaze. 

" You're so selfish! Jerk! ! You said you like someone else, why are you playing with my feelings? Does this make you feel better? Am I that not worthy enough to have someone to like me! I'm not even dating Kai! You're right, he likes Krystal, you're even taking this seriously." I taste my own saltwater at the corner of my mouth as I my lips. 

" I'm-"

" Just go, to whoever you want to."

" She hasn't heard my confession..."

" So what are you doing here?" Luhan slowly walks to me but it accelarates into a sprint, and he's already standing in front me.

" To confess to her." He whispered, he sounded tired, but his husky voice still manage to sent an electricity through my body.

" I don't understand?" Despite my croaky voice and face painted with tears, I glance around to see anyone except both of us on the road.

"Stil dense at the very last moment." He said in a soothing voice. 

" The girl I like is you."

" I like you, Kim Ji Eun." He took my hand that was wiping my tears into his. I didn't understand, as if my brain was short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. My palms start to release little droplets, I am speechless, my other hand raises to cover my beating heart.

" Yah, say something.." With his eyes locked on mine, he took a step closer. My heart has never pounded so fast in my life. 

" Li..a..r..." I look away from his eyes, to his nose, he has such a cute nose, it made me wonder if it resembles his dad's or his mom's. For a fleeting moment, she wanted to know everything about this guy standing in front of her. 

Just as their desire for each other became unbearable, their lips met each other's. The night was a little chilly, but the warmth from his mouth send a current running through her body. Slowly, you throw your arms around his neck, enjoying his peppermint breath and soft lips.

Just like that, the kiss was over in seconds. You suddenly feel aware of your surroundings, realizing what you just did, your own private thoughts make your face beet red. Your knees almost gave up but Luhan caught you in his arms. His manly face is gone, forever as you see his ears pinked, giving him away. So, the feelings are mutual at last.

" I..i like you too.." You cover your face with your hands, feeling shy. Luhan gently moved your hands away as he looks into you eye.

" I would have done a long time ago, if I knew we share the same feelings." He didn't want to forget this moment, even though his gaze soften he never look away from you. He want to remember it forever. 

You are still trying to be normal from what happened, but Luhan keeps disturbing you. He laces his fingers with yours, you've never felt this safe, happy and loved. 

" You like it?"

" I like it a lot.." You keep looking at how your hands fit into his, your stomach still leave a little bit of tingles, not sure when it willl go away.

" God, I was so sad when I know you are dating Kai!"

" I can see that~" I mock him.

" Are you mocking me?"

" What did I do?"

" You better run, you're dead if I catch you, I'm gonna attack you with lots of kisses!" You blush harder until it turns scarlet and roasting hot, but you still run away from him, because hey who doesn't want to kiss Luhan?

 

 

 

 

OH MY GOD SOMEONE COMMENTED?? HI NEW READER! PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME AND THIS STORY, I LOVE YOU! HAVE A GREAT DAY~