Friend? For Real?

Ice Cream & Bubble Tea

 

 

" Wahhh, I didn't expect so many things to happen,oh uri dongsaeng??" Kris sipped the coke and pinch both of my cheeks. Like I'm his illama plushie.

" Aish, don't-do that!" I tried to pry away his hand, but he was too strong. Of course we were laughing while doing that. Siblings fight I can say?

So, are you somewhat attracted to him?" 

What.

I gave him a very disgusted look. I can't believe this.

" Are you for real? Oh my gosh, gege?! Wake up!!" I hold my stomach because I might die from my own laughter. Kris looked at me with the most confusing look he had ever gave.

" But I'm serious." He turned and looked at me.

" No?"

" That doesn't sound so specific."

Is that so?

" Well, I guess I don't hate him to death anymore, but he's always in my sight, like everywhere, I mean he's fine..I think," I looked at him, unsure of what I've said." But I'm only see him as a friend now, you know?" I told him while nodding my own head, trying to convince myself against my own thought.

Yup, that's that.

" Hmm, I see.." Kris sipped the last bits of coke in the can. The can was put down, he crossed his legs together against the tile from the rooftop, the moon had never shine so bright. Tonight it was different.

" I-uuh.." 

I stared into his deep brown eyes, waiting for him to finish the sentence.

Okay, he's taking too long. Talk about a real man. Lmao.

"Did you find..her?" I stared boredly into his eyes. I knew he wanted to tell me, but he's being such a girl, oh my god.

" Oh?"

Aigoo, duizhang, you're so slow sometimes.

" Someone, did you find her? That's why you left us, that's why you went back, isn't it to find her? So, did you find her?" Were you even be able to find her? I silently scoffed to myself. I hate it when I can't do anything, especially the people I love was hurt. 

" I'm not sure." He was starting to sniff. I can see why we're close. When you can break down in front of someone, and you feel exposed, but you never feel embarassed, you just give your all, because you trust someone, because I trust him.

" I didn't find her..at some point we just saw each other, without any words exchanged, our eyes met, I guess that's when I know our path has stopped crossing each other. I think it's real, you know..feelings do fade, they go, but to some people, to me, it.." A tear dropped, his voice was croaked." it stays, at times I think I don't love her anymore, more like missing someone's presence. When you wake up, the first thing you want to do is to see their face, or you're looking forward to play video games together, just because that's the only hobby we share, sometimes I miss having someone, maybe not her anymore."

I shift closer to him. My hands naturally wrapped around his neck, bringing him closer to me, I could feel his tears wetting my shoulder, slowly I his hair.

" If someone sees this, they might think we're in a relationship." His voice is still manly despite having to cry for a while.

" Hah, that earned me a laughter." I say sarcastically. 

" I couln't even imagine being in a relationship with you, though, gege." He moved away from my embrace to look at me.

" AM I THAT BAD?" There goes dramatic Kris. Pfft.

" Pfft," I hit his arm lightly." You're fine, though everyone says we would make a great couple, nope-nah, I don't see it in the future hahaha." I tried to see the future by resting the side of palm against my forehead. 

" Right, same, it's weird, isnt it?" Kris replied.

I nodded in silence.

" But are you sure you don't want to try dating me? I'm pretty awesome," He showed his bicep." Afterall, you did like me at one point, remember when we first met bwahahahaha-!" I hit his back real hard this time, who asked him to bring back the past! Pfft, that was called puppy love, guys. IT WAS'T EVEN REAL.

" Yah!!- ST-OPPPP OK--Y I GET IT- OUACH" 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

" Students, there's one more moth before summer break, I have a job for you guys yayy!" Ms Kim was so excited only to be greeted by the sound of dissapointment by her students.

This time, you are to be paired with your deskmate, NO OBJECTION alright, the information will be in your mail by today, check it and disscuss it with your partner, we'll make the final decision 3 days from now. Class dismiss."

After the talk with Kris, I admit I do feel weird around the je-I mean Luhan. I still remember the last thing he told me before he left.

"Thanks, for talking to me."

" Hello!! Are you there?" I was startled by someone's voice. I turned to look and was greeted by Luhan's finger on my cheek.

" Hahhahhahahhaa!" 

" Was that supposed to be funny?"

" No? Isn't it?" 

Really?

Wait, what are we doing.

" Whatever, so I guess we're partner now?" I said.

" Yes! Partner AND friend!" He smiled like a little kid to me.

 

" Woahhh, look out fatty, no one might want to marry you." Someone snickered, obviously it's Hae Sung. She twirled her beautiful curled hair which I have to admit looks good on her while looking at me from head to toe. I don't even know why she wants to pick a fight with me.

" You think anyone would want to marry you?'' I looked into her eyes, boredly.

Hey, I say what I think.

" You !" She stomped her feet to me, ready to grab my hair. I was fast, in a swift I was already on another side, she lost her balance and fell down. The clean floor was greeted by 10 pounds of makeup, now it's dirty, God, I feel bad for the cleaners.

Like usual, her subcribers-oops I mean her followers rushed to her aid. They gave me the disgusted face.

" You'll pay for what you've done! Hm!" I refuse to believe she was be able to say that while trying to stand up again. I didn't know witch can process their brain faster than human.

" Alright." With that I walked away. With my tray filled with 10 pounds of food. 

If stares could kill, I would've been dead, because I could feel the witch's stares from miles away.

" Woah, what's with the commotion?" Kai asked when I reached my table.

" That bi-I mean the witch was trying to lure me into her world, like what? Really, I like being human so far, I think she just couldn't resist me." I put both my thumb and index finger on my chin, feigning thinking deeply. 

" Aigoo, uri Ji Eun~~~" Tao oppa squealed.

" Waeyong~do you want to buy me ice cream?" Being me, I turned to him with my puppy eyes and my aegyo voice." Ice cream juseyo~" I pulled his arm, whining cutely. 

" Ahh NO YOU'RE GONNA BURN A HOLE IN MY POCKET JIEUN!" He tried to run away." Ah! Luhan!! You came just about the right time! BUY JI EUN HER ICE CREAM PLEASE I CAN'T STAND HER AEGYO! pleaseeeee"

__________________

 

I was walking my way to our table when I saw Ji Eun clinging onto Tao, I could feel part of me not liking what I see. I don't know why. 

" Hey you alright?" Kris stopped and turned to me, as he sees me stopped on my track.

" Ohh, u-yeah, yeah, let's go," 

Of course being the observant Kris, he knows. Girl, he knows what's going on.

"Ah! Luhan!! You came just about the right time! BUY JI EUN HER ICE CREAM PLEASE I CAN'T STAND HER AEGYO! pleaseeeee" Tao was basically pleading at me, how did that woman do that.

Right at the moment, Ji Eun scolded Tao for being crazy, she said I wouldn't buy ice cream for a mere human like her.

Oh, Ji Eun, you're undersestimating me.

" I'll buy."

__________________

 

I can't believe what I heard. 

" What, is there something wrong? We are friends aren't we? Don't your friends treat you ice cream too?" He went to the empty seat beside me, that was supposed to be gege's. I scanned the table just to see Kris was talking with the other members, pfft. I saved his seat for him! 

" Yeah, friends, we're friends..right!" I smiled sheepishly akwardly at him while munching my precious burger.