False Hope.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
"I knew it..." Youngjae whispered to himself, seeing the terrible state at home. "No..." he kept repeating, not wanting to believe and comprehend with what has just happened.
 
"Youngjae... I'm so sorry." he heard Hana say. He looked around, eyes glistening with tears. Paperwork was everywhere. The top of the car had been dented inwards. A baseball bat laid amidst all the chaos on the floor. With shaky hands, he took out his GPS tracker to see that Daehyun was still active. Yongguk's and Zelo's were missing. He looked around on the floor and on the tables, eventually finding their phones having been smashed to pieces and then disposed of casually. The phones were no use anymore if they were destroyed because they carried the GPS chip. He bit his lip harshly, in order to refrain from crying.
 
"Daehyun is still here. That means he's okay right?" Youngjae asked Hana. She had no idea how to reply. She didn't want to tell him that he was okay in case he wasn't but at the same time, she didn't want to crush his heart by saying that Daehyun probably wasn't okay at all.
 
"He could be." Hana felt guilty. She prayed that she wasn't just giving the man false hope to believe in.
 
"His spot keeps moving. It means he's okay." Youngjae told her.
 
"Youngjae, I know it's hard for you to hear, but we don't know that for sure. For now, we can't stay here. The team working on this case will be here soon to investigate. We mustn't interfere and we mustn't be here when they get here." she tried to remind him, hoping that he wouldn't feel so hurt by it.
 
"You're right." he replied after a while. "You're right." he took one final look around the destroyed place. He couldn't believe it. It didn't feel like his home anymore. Everything was out of place and 5 of the most important people in his life were all gone.
 
He had no home.
 

Back at the department, he sat down and stared into nothing. He was exhausted, worried and angry altogether. But he didn't show it. He only kept silent.
 
The team were very worried for him. He looked as if he hadn't slept for days and his energy was slowly being drained to its very last drop.
 
"Youngjae, speak to us." Hyosung said as she nudged him gently.
 
No reply. Except a very tear-filled and sad pair of eyes.
 
In the middle of this silence, his phone rang. An unknown number. It could be them again. Youngjae wiped the brief tears and answered the phone without hesitation.
 
"Hello?"
 
At first there was just silence. But then he heard that voice. Daehyun's voice.
 
"Youngjae ah."
 
"Daehyun! Where are you? Are you alright?" he asked frantically.
 
"I'm... I'm with them." Daehyun sounded so weak, so exhausted and just hurt.
 
The reality was eating Youngjae alive. Daehyun - without even knowing - had been abducted too.
 
"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you."
 
"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you either..." Youngjae replied as his eyes stung of tears. Youngjae just wished that they could go back and resolve that stupid little argument that made Daehyun walk away. He was scared of the worst.
 
He was scared that he may not see the five of them ever again.
 
"Don't come here. Save Haru first." Daehyun told him. It shocked Youngjae so badly when he said that, that when he tried to breathe in, it felt sharp and painful.
 
He wasn't afraid to let the painful tears of holding it in, fall out then. "Don't say things like that. I'm going to save both you guys and Haru. I promise."
 
"Don't say things you can't guarantee Youngjae ah. And be careful of what you say. They can hear everything." Daehyun told him.
 
"Is everyone alright?" Youngjae ignored the fact they were listening.
 
There was a matter of silence.
 
"Yongguk hyung isn't waking up." Daehyun's voice trembled and Youngjae knew from then that Daehyun was crying.
 
"Stop crying, you punk. I'm going to save you." Youngjae declared. But he wasn't confident. This could be the last time he was going to ever talk to him; his best friend. His brother. His other half.
 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun's voice echoed through his mind into Youngjae's mind. And Youngjae could hear him. Whenever they were close, they could talk to each other telepathically.
 
It wouldn't happen often but when it did, it felt incredible. It made Youngjae question whether he was just hearing things, or if he truly did hear Daehyun's thoughts.
 
"I'm here." there were tears glittering in Youngjae's eyes, all falling down his cheeks too quickly.
 
"Yoo Youngjae. In case we don't see each other again, I love you."
 
"Jung Daehyun. I love you too." Youngjae didn't hesitate at all to say.
 
And with that, the phone was cut off. Youngjae had no words. He just sunk into his seat and cried his heart out. He didn't care that his team saw him. He lost it completely. He lost that ability to stay strong for them. He didn't know what he did to deserve this, but he wished time would stop just this once. He wanted to rewind back to the times where everything was perfect. Where he would see them every day doing their own things but at the same time, they were together. They were a team. They were a family. If he didn't see his brothers ever again, he would regret it for the rest of his life.
 

The evening was settling in very quickly, with no process made from the team. Jaebum had only just arrived at the office from working on another case they were assigned on that he offered to investigate by himself, when he was yet called again for an enquiry.
 
"Officer Im Jaebum?" the Commissioner appeared at the doorway.

Jaebum bowed to the Commissioner. "Yes sir?"
 
"Follow me."
 
Once they were in his office, Jaebum politely asked, "What do you need me for Commissioner Taesung?"
 
"I know that I've taken your team off the case regarding the kidnapping of Lee Haru - but the special force I transferred the case to, is short of a sniper and the mission takes place tomorrow afternoon. They need a substitute."
 
"So... You want me to fill in and help them?" Jaebum asked, feeling guilt sink itself down his throat and into his stomach. Youngjae would kill for this case.
 
He nodded. And he wasn't going to take no for an answer.

 
"I've told them that you've only had vague practice within the special forces before, but I know you catch on things easily. All you need to learn is the signals the commander will give you during the rescue mission. They're willing to give you the training needed for a sniper, which will be very quick since you know really well how it works.  You can leave now to go through the training for tomorrow."
 
All of it was so sudden, Jaebum felt faint. His head was swirling at the thought of helping out with the special forces. The feeling of working at such a high operation unit excited him - but he couldn't feel excited, knowing that it was Haru he was rescuing.

"But m-my team need me to help them with the cases we've been assigned with, Commissioner. Don't I have a responsibility in that too?"
 
"Of course but you're being asked to join a professional team to get Haru back here. Leave the rest of your team to handle the other cases I have assigned you all with. By joining, you will be saving many lives. If criminals are this hard to catch that a special force is called in, you're really being responsible for society. If you ask me, you should do it for Youngjae. I feel especially bad after his friends have been taken hostage by the same guy too."
 
"W-What...? Youngjae's friends have been kidnapped too? All of them?!"
 
"Yes! Haven't they told you? He looks like he could pass out ever since he knew." Jaebum didn't even know. He felt so angry. No one in the department was bothered to talk to him or ask how he was doing and he just really wanted to cry on the inside. Haru was practically Youngjae's family and Jaebum was only thinking of himself at that time. But this time he was determined. He wanted to help Youngjae get her and them back, whatever it took.
 
"Commissioner Taesung, I'll take the offer." Jaebum confirmed.
 
"Good. Then take this file, and read through it so you know what you're going against. They're wanting to see you later this evening, so make sure you attend. And be careful tomorrow. They're extremely dangerous, I will tell you now."
 
The old man handed that top secret file to Jaebum, warning him that he couldn't show it to anyone else.

 
I can’t feel anything.
 

I had to slap myself mentally during the moment DaeJae said that they love each other. URGHJHDSKFLD THECHEESINESSHELPASDFGHJASKL;FASFOIJEWRFJER;O
 
I think it's just because I'm used to DaeJae showing their love through their arguments, jokingly hating each other and whatnot. Still, DaeJae are adorable. ^_____~ D-4 until the New Year! :D