Dream vs. Reality (Part 1)

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
Daehyun was walking, but he had no idea where he was. He slowed down, when he eventually saw a familiar figure. His heart skipped a beat. He literally felt so lost without this man in his life. And here he was, standing in front of the lonely man in a world of pure white.
 
"Youngjae." he said firmly, although he could hear the shakiness in his voice. The younger man turned around, smiling at Daehyun. He hadn't seen that smile for so long. "Don't tell me this is a dream." he demanded, feeling tears threaten his eyes again, knowing that reality was much different.
 
Youngjae said nothing, but approached Daehyun slowly. He looked guilty. Sad. Almost regretful of what happened.
 
He looked up at Daehyun, to see the older man's tears were already flowing out. Youngjae’s hand slowly reached out from his pocket to wipe the tears away whilst gently telling him, "Stop crying."
 
"Then come back." Daehyun pleaded, using all his strength to tell him. His heart felt weak. "Come back. I don't want to see you in my dreams anymore. I want to see you when I'm awake. I want you to be the first person I see when I wake up and the last person when I fall asleep. Not here. Not in this place I don't know and where I don't want to know. I'm tired of being alone and crying myself to sleep, Youngjae. I can't do this. I-" he couldn't say anymore because he completely broke down. He shook his head. I don't think I can live, without you.
 
Youngjae wrapped his arms around Daehyun's waist. "Daehyun ah. Please stop crying. I'm sorry I was so careless, and I'm sorry that you can only see me here." Youngjae apologised.
 
"Stop apologising. I feel so responsible this happened to you and I just... I just wish I saved you in time." was the only thing Daehyun told him, before resting his weary head on the younger man's shoulder.
 
Somehow his mind traced back to the very moment Youngjae was stabbed. How he witnessed it with his own eyes and he saw him stumble back, the blood colouring his blue uniform shirt a deep red. He couldn't do anything at the time, because he was so far away. He could only watch the younger man suffer, knowing it was too late to do anything. His emotions were raw again - all the pain he felt, it was coming back.
 
He remembered when Youngjae was in his arms, slowly slipping out of consciousness, into a deep, deep coma. Daehyun held onto the younger man tightly, not wanting to even think of letting him go because he loved him that much.
 
Daehyun's eyes jolted open, slowly remembering that he was simply dreaming of Youngjae again. He felt damp, and soon realised that he had woken up in a cold sweat - this not being the first time. Or the second time. Or the third time. Slowly getting out of bed, he headed to the bathroom to rinse his face with cold water. The dream started replaying constantly in his head and it would never stop.
 
Although Youngjae looked perfectly healthy in his dream, Daehyun was heartbroken that he couldn't see the same Youngjae when he woke up. When he woke up, Youngjae was in a hospital bed, unable to communicate in any way possible. His dreams tormented him and haunted him. He kept seeing Youngjae in his dreams but reality slapped him across the face and he realised that it was all in his head. He could hear the front door close from downstairs.
 
"Daehyun?" a familiar voice called out. He stopped immediately, looking into the mirror and wondering who it was. It sounded like Youngjae but he didn't want to fool himself so easily. Why would it be Youngjae? It was anyone but Youngjae. But there he was. Youngjae was there. Peeking into the bathroom, with a simple t-shirt, jeans and a hat - a humble smile on his face.
 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun couldn't help but break into a smile. He turned away from the mirror, to see the younger man not there. He was just an image of delusion. A silly hallucination. Someone fake. Turning back to the mirror to still see nothing there, his hands shook so hard that they curled into fists. His palms bled, from his fingernails digging so deep into his skin. With all his strength, he threw his fist into the mirror, cracking the glass that showed his torn reflection with a mighty grunt. The corner of the mirror smashed into thousands of smaller pieces - blood colouring the little crystals red. There was now also blood imprinted into the mirror, at the very spot Daehyun thought he saw Youngjae at. His fist bled from the glass pieces that impaled right into his fist. The edges of the mirror where he smashed, now had linings of his pale red blood. And the only thing he could hear was the sound of the tap dripping.
 
Zelo rushed into the bathroom, after hearing the glass smashing. It took him only a few seconds to register what Daehyun had just done. The young man sighed, not knowing what to do or what to say.
 
Zelo approached Daehyun warily, as if he was a ticking bomb that could explode any minute. "Hyung, sit down." he gently and patiently told Daehyun, making sure the older man had sat down comfortably on the bathroom seat.
 
Once making sure that Daehyun was going to be still, he carefully picked up the pieces of glass that fell into the sink and disposed of them safely.
 
Taking out the medicine from the cabinet, he softly took Daehyun's hand that he had aggressively punched into the mirror.
 
Zelo saw the pieces of glass that had entered right into Daehyun's browny purple knuckles, making it bleed badly. He took his hand and leaned it over to the basin that was beside him, to first wash the blood off.
 
"Just yell if it hurts." Zelo told him, before slowly taking out the small pieces of glass as gently as he could. Truthfully, he was scared if Daehyun screamed, because Daehyun was very likely to get mad and just cause a storm.
 
But Daehyun didn't complain. Or wince. Not even once.
 
Now, it worried him even more that Daehyun did not make a sound.
 
He just sat there, emotionless and soundless.
 
"Aren't you going to talk to me?" Zelo asked, taking the last piece of glass visible out of his fist. Zelo's eyes were watering. How could Daehyun not feel pain from this? It hurt Zelo to even look at how horrible Daehyun's hand now looked because he had hurt himself. "Please talk to me..." his voice broke.
 
Zelo sat down, cross-legged and began to apply medicine and dress his wound carefully, sniffing every once in a while. "I know you're upset about Youngjae. I know this whole thing is giving you a hard time. But hyung, please don't be like this." Zelo pleaded, looking up at his hyung - who still refused to say anything. "Yongguk hyung's still recovering and Himchan hyung has been taking care of him. Youngjae hyung is still in a coma even after 2 weeks and I know it really hurts. Jongup hasn't even been here when he promised he would be back today. And you, Daehyun hyung..." that's when Daehyun finally turned his eyes to look at Zelo. "I've been looking out for you because I know it's hard. But you keep pushing me away. I have no one right now, either. So… Can you please just talk to me?" Zelo asked once again, not even bothering to hold back the tears anymore.
 
He sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. And he didn't care that Daehyun was simply watching him. Zelo really couldn't keep it in any longer. All the anger, frustration and sadness made him feel isolated and apart from the group but he couldn't blame them. He couldn't blame his friends at all because they were feeling just as much unhappiness as he was. Daehyun’s heart warmed a little from seeing Zelo’s cry out for help as he continued to aid him.
 
Once Zelo has finished dressing Daehyun's wound with bandages, he stood up to put the medical kit away. Whilst doing so, he was surprised to hear a small, "Thank you." weakly escape from Daehyun's mouth. Zelo was a little taken back. All this time, Daehyun would just say "Go away" or simply swear at him and dismiss him. Zelo let the older man treat him like this because he was trying to understand what Daehyun was going through. Even a simple 'thank you' made him feel so much better.
 
Zelo nodded, when Daehyun actually turned to look at him. "You're welcome." he took Daehyun back to bed and made sure he was okay. In a matter of no time, Daehyun had eventually closed his eyes and fell asleep again.
 
To his surprise, there was a sound coming from downstairs. Himchan wasn’t supposed to be back at this time. He came out of his bedroom and headed down to see who this silent visitor was. There, was Jongup with casual wear and a backpack.
 
Zelo hadn't seen him for over a week now. Even though it was such a short time, the prolonged days they were living with all the chaotic things happening, made anything happening at the current time for them feel like months. Years even.
 
"I promised I would come back." Jongup explained. "I'm sorry I took so long."
 
But Zelo only smiled at his hyung for coming back, and eventually in the warm night they fell asleep together talking and being in each other's company again.
 
Your face that appears in the cracked mirror
It seems like our love that’s broken into many pieces.
 

 
 
 
I hate seeing B.A.P cry. Especially Zelo! He always looks like he's hurting when he cries. Even when it's happy tears. ;_;
Thanks for all your support guys, I'm glad to see there are still some readers out there!