Battle (2)

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)

(10/01/14) Double update - 2/2. Keep in mind that this double update is over 5,000 words in total, and some paragraphs/parts are repeated so that you see EVERYTHING that is happening in this super huge incident. It's long, fairly bloody and emotional so make sure you're comfortable with some popcorn, tissues, and enjoy it! ^-^ <3


"3..." he said with a sinister tone. This sick man was having fun with tormenting them.
 
"2..." he casually counted.
 
"I'll join the Black Tigers."
 
The others looked at him in disappointment.
 
Daewoon studied Daehyun's face. His smile grew even wider. Daehyun looked serious.
 
"You mean that?" Daewoon didn't think there would be the very day Daehyun joined. It felt incredible. Daehyun actually meant it. "Wow." was all he said. He was truly amazed that the very words came out of his mouth. He told his men to untie Daehyun's ropes and dragged him to his feet. Daehyun could barely stand up straight. He had to catch for his breath just to even stand up. He leaned onto the wall for support. "You need to do something for me first." Daehyun could just about make out what Jongup was doing behind his back. With a sharp, broken razor, Jongup was slowly cutting the ropes to free himself. There was blood trailing from his hands, which meant that he managed to cut his own hand whilst setting himself free and it only showed how desperate the younger man wanted to get out of here.
 
It scared Daehyun - he knew that if he made one simple mistake, everything would go wrong. "What do you want me to do?" he asked Daewoon - but in reality, he really didn't want to know. He was only asking because he was worried about everything. Their health and safety, and also Youngjae's. He hadn't seen Youngjae in just over a day but he was already missing the guy. Daehyun hoped that he wasn't doing anything stupid that would get himself hurt. He hoped he wasn't doing anything that would put others in danger either. Most of all, he hoped that Youngjae was okay. He wouldn't survive, knowing if something happened to Youngjae.
 
Daewoon went over to the table that Daehyun now saw, had too many mechanical, medical and weaponry objects to count. Syringes, knives, metal bats, spanners, hammers, saws, guns. There was too many to list. It frightened Daehyun what they were capable of. They could do anything to them. "I want you..." he held a knife in his hands and handed it to Daehyun. "To kill Youngjae."
 
No... he whispered. This was the scariest command he had ever heard in his entire life. Killing one of the people who changed his life. Who made it better. Killing someone he loved unconditionally. "You said if I join you, you'll let them go. That was the deal. You didn't mention me killing anyone in our deal." he was desperate to get out of this situation. He was scared. It was as if Daewoon knew that Youngjae was going to walk through that door any minute.
 
"In case you've forgotten, I said the ones here. And Youngjae isn't here, is he? I'm not letting Youngjae get away, now that I have him so close." Daewoon clarified. Daehyun only tightened his fists harder. "It's not you I hate, Daehyun ah. It's not even your friends over there. It's Youngjae. If that bastard just left us alone - left us to our own gang wars; there would not be a war between the police and us right now. He started everything - he's the reason why we lost our leader; why we lost years of our lives; why we're still treated like . I hate him so much that he makes my blood boil. He hasn't done any good for us."
 
"Didn't you listen to him? He doesn't see us as bad people you jerk!" Himchan commented, hearing this from afar. It wasn't long before he received a kick to the face. Himchan was stubborn, and refused to stop there however. "You're being a selfish bastard by thinking of only yourself. If anything, let Haru and Jongup go. They have family to get back home to." Himchan sounded distressed and it seemed as if he wasn't going to stop talking until he got what he wanted.
 
Daewoon only approached Himchan with questions. "Do you, Kim Himchan? Do you have family to get back home to as well? Don't you wish you had your parents too? Brothers? Sisters? But you don't, do you?" Himchan didn't respond. Daewoon smirked at him. "Life is unfair isn't it? And you know what?" he walked away from Himchan swiftly, and towards Daehyun again. "You're not going to be happy by stepping back and letting it affect you. An eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. You gotta give back what society gives you. And what did society give us? Evil. People don't care about others; this is a world where you only survive by competing and thinking of yourself. So you know what? We give evil back. It's the only way to survive."
 
Daehyun didn't know what to think. In a way, Daewoon was right.
 
"So - are you going to do it? Or will I have to start with your leader?" he grabbed a metal hammer into his hands. One of his men grabbed Yongguk's lifeless body towards him.
 
"Don't touch him!" Himchan screamed, but the third man kicked him in the face.
 
Daehyun's heart dropped at the thought of Daewoon finally killing Yongguk. He couldn't stand the thought of being responsible for his leader's death.
 
"I'll do it." Daehyun suddenly declared.
 
Daewoon's eyes widened in excitement, as he took his younger brother by the shoulders. He was truly sick. "Look me in the eyes and say that to me again." he told him.
 
He saw in the corner of his eye, that Jongup's hands were free. Now was their chance to escape.
 
Daehyun genuinely looked deeply into Daewoon's eyes, before replying; "Never." dropping the knife back onto the table and running Daewoon powerfully into the wall and punching him.
 
Jongup quickly cut the ropes around his legs with his razor blade to jump up and fight back against the other two men. He punched the first one and although it didn't do much damage - it did make him stumble backwards. It gave the opportunity for him to kick the other one in the face so that he toppled over.
 
The door opened just in time to reveal Youngjun, Hyosung, Jieun and Sunhwa. "Police!" Hyosung held her gun right at their chests. "Do not move." Jieun and Sunhwa also mirrored her actions. They were all surprised to see that Daehyun was fighting with a figure so identical to him.
 
Thinking that the police team had things under control, Daehyun let his guard down. Daewoon seized the opportunity to aggressively push Daehyun away so hard that he fell over. No police matched Daewoon's mind. He moved swiftly but Hyosung did not hesitate to shoot him in the arm. Blood splat out and he growled. "I said, don't move." Hyosung warned him, although she was trembled.
 
Daewoon growled at them. " you all." he sinisterly replied, grabbing a gun from the table quickly, and not hesitating to shoot in their direction.
 
"Get back!" Youngjun grabbed them. The bullet was about to fire right through Hyosung, when Youngjun quickly blocked it, and took the shot instead.
 
The shot blew him back and made him fall over. The bullet didn't hit his bulletproof vest, but on his shoulder, unfortunately missing the protective clothing that would have stopped Youngjun from bleeding in pain. "Backup needed on first floor!" Sunhwa told the other two - who were still downstairs - through the communicator, trying her best to stay calm although the shooting continued. "Youngjun, hold on!" she pleaded. Of course, she had experienced incidents where her team mates were injured before - but never had she dealt with an injury from a ex-policeman and never with criminals so experienced with a police intrusion before.
 
It was almost as if they were prepared for the police to intrude. Usually criminals would hesitate to shoot or fight back. But they didn't. Not even a single bit.
 
"Jung Daehyun! Where are you?" Youngjae could be heard from downstairs.
 
"Youngjae...?" Daehyun's heart dropped. He wanted to run out of that door and down the stairs to see if he was okay, but he knew that he had to finish off Daewoon first.
 
One of Daewoon's men took a metal bat and ran to the bridge, swinging it heavily and breaking part of it that was helping them stand. The bridge shook, which startled them. Jieun took the opportunity to shoot the man in the shoulder, making him fall successfully.
 
"JUNG DAEHYUN!" they heard Youngjae scream from downstairs yet again.
 
Jongup was pushing the other man away from the members - because he was intending to hurt them too. Hyosung did not hesitate to shoot this man in the leg, causing him to fall from the pain. Jongup finished him off by shoving him away with all the strength he had left.  
 
Daehyun took Daewoon's arms forcefully, so that the gun fell out of his grip. He kicked Daehyun away, knowing that he was surrounded by them, and ran into the shadows of the room, into another exit no one knew. "!" Daehyun cursed under his breath and without any hesitation, followed him into the darkness.
 
Daewoon only had one target. And he was going to aim for that one target, only.
 
Jieun rushed in to help Jongup and Himchan, who were the only ones left conscious. Even though Himchan was weak, he was able to get up and help Jieun carry Zelo. Jongup fought back tears, as he untied the ropes from his completely unconscious leader and did not pause to carry Yongguk on his back. "Yongguk hyung, don't die on us. Please..." Jongup whispered to him, desperately.
 
"Take care of Youngjun first - get him out to the car." Hyosung told Sunhwa - she listened immediately and tried her best to help Youngjun - who was clutching onto his shoulder painfully - out of the chaotic scene. The bridge continued to stumble. Hyosung looked down in horror at Youngjae's bleeding head, that now stained his blue police shirt .
 
"Find a way to get them out of here!" Youngjae shouted up to Hyosung.
 
"What about you?!" Hyosung asked, wondering what Youngjae was going to do.
 
"I'll find a way out!" Youngjae explained, clutching onto his head injury.
 
Hyosung wanted to oppose strongly, but could only punch the air in frustration and help them get across before the bridge would break on them. She had no choice but to leave Youngjae. The weight of the BAP members had caused the screws in the bridge to loosen and eventually cause it to collapse but thankfully, they all got across in time.
 
Youngjae jumped out of the way of the metal bridge that fell right in front of his eyes with a heavy bang. He breathed heavily from running out of the way and escaping the collapsing bridge. He looked around, wondering where that certain someone was. Where was Daehyun?
 
All that stopped when he heard someone in the corner of his terrible view move in the shadows. Youngjae gasped quietly, looked here and there, but only heard the sound of his own heart thudding hardly.
 
"Who's there?!" he shouted. He tried to look everywhere., but there was no one. He heard faint barking from Ace in the distance. Just as he was about to turn back from looking in the distance up on the first floor, he felt a stab to his stomach. He groaned at the pain it gave him, as he held the hands of this monster who had just shoved a dangerously sharp knife into his stomach. But the man only smiled wrathfully, and twisted the knife into his stomach, making Youngjae scream in excruciating pain. He looked at the face of this man, even though he saw two outlines of him and widened his eyes, not believing what he saw.
 
Those eyes he always adored. Those significant lips that he saw as special.
 
Could it really be... Daehyun?

 
"Youngjae!" he heard another voice in the distance. It was coming from upstairs. He looked up to see an identical face.
 
"Officer Yoo Youngjae." the person who was responsible of stabbing him spoke. "I win." he smiled sinisterly. That was when Youngjae knew it wasn't Daehyun. He didn't know who the this person was, but it was definitely not Daehyun. He shoved the man across the room, and looked at the knife that was pierced right into his stomach. It wasn't very big, so his instincts told him to get it out immediately to prevent any further pain. Slowly and carefully, he took the bloody handle of the knife, and struggled to pull it out, screaming and yelling in unbearable pain, only causing it to bleed more. Eventually, he got it out. Youngjae threw the knife away  that carried his blood, as it clanked against the floor.
 
"..." Youngjae cursed under his breath. It felt so agonising that he could barely move without triggering the pain in his stomach. He fell to the floor, clutching his stomach. His head was painfully spinning, which did not help him at all.
 
Daehyun - who had seen everything - had jumped from the first floor to the ground floor, looking for Daewoon in fuming anger. "Come out, you sick !" he cursed and screamed. After knowing that Daewoon had escaped successfully, he ran over to Youngjae's side.
 
"Youngjae..." he managed to say, feeling his throat tightening. Youngjae who had his eyes closed from the pain did not initially respond, despite his uneven breathing to cope with the pain.
 
"Just go Daehyun..." Youngjae managed to respond. "Leave me..." he felt that it was too late.
 
"Are you crazy you bastard? After everything you went through for us... You got us back. But you hurt yourself..." Daehyun looked frantically at Youngjae's injuries. He had a head that was gushing blood and a bleeding stomach. "Someone help me!" Daehyun screamed, distressed and worried for Youngjae's health. He wanted to carry Youngjae, but he was scared that carrying him would worsen the pain for him.
 
"I promised that I would get you back..." Youngjae said weakly, before smiling through the pain. "And I did."
 
"And I told you, you would get hurt. And you did. You didn't listen to me!" Daehyun's eyes blurred with tears.
 
"I couldn't leave you to die. How could I live with that?" Youngjae struggled for breath.
 
"But why must it have ended up like this... Why?" Daehyun felt his chest tighten. It was as if he wasn't given a choice in what to do. He found it hard to breathe.
 
Daehyun didn't want to think about it. He didn't want to come to the possibility that Youngjae could die. He couldn't. He wouldn't.
 
"Daehyun?" Youngjae breathed deeply.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"It really hurts." he shut his eyes briefly, hoping that his hands that were covering the wound would stop the painful bleeding. "My head hurts."
 
"We're going to get you to hospital. Don't worry." Daehyun brought his lips to Youngjae's forehead and rested it gently on his chest.
 
"Daehyun?"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Your heart is beating really hard. Are you scared for me?" he couldn't help, but smile.
 
It made Daehyun break into a stupid chuckle. "Is that even supposed to be a question?" He could see what Youngjae was trying to do, however. He was trying to comfort Daehyun. He didn't want Daehyun to worry at all, when it was the exact opposite.
 
"Can I ask one last thing?"
 
"One last thing?" Daehyun's heart stopped beating for a second. It was almost as if Youngjae was saying goodbye.
 
"I've been a terrible brother to you at times. But... Do you love me?"
 
Daehyun's eyes started to hurt. He was crying too much. He was trying to hold tears back, but they kept falling. "Of course I love you. I love you so much more than you think. And I don't want to ever think of losing you." he cradled Youngjae into his arms, not even wanting to let go.
 
Youngjae took a while to respond, but when he did, he smiled bitterly, "You'll never lose me Jung Daehyun. Never."
 
"Don't you dare leave me Yoo Youngjae..." he told him, seeing that Youngjae smile was falling and his eyes were slowly and dangerously closing. "Someone help me!" Daehyun screamed with all his might in the empty warehouse, offering Youngjae his hand. "Squeeze my hand so I know you're okay. Don't you leave me damn it!" he cursed angrily. He felt light squeezes, matching with Youngjae's hasty breathing, before it came to a slow stop. Youngjae had stopped squeezing Daehyun's hand and Youngjae had stopped breathing altogether.
 
"Y-Youngjae?" he blinked, not wanting to believe what was happening. "Youngjae can you hear me?!"  he shook the younger man's hand, but he received nothing in response. He took the unconscious man into his hand. Youngjae's physical appearance had changed drastically, and he felt as light as ever. Youngjae's fingers remained entwined in Daehyun's, still and soundless. "Youngjae please..." he pleaded, not knowing what to do, but embrace the lifeless body into his arms with endless tears spilling out.
 
In the distance, Daehyun heard a dog's bark and the sound of marching. The Special Force were too late. He saw them above, with snipers, machine guns and everything. He heard the helicopter outside and the sirens. But what was the use now? Sure they captured three accomplices, but they lost the ruthless leader and potentially the person that meant the world to Daehyun; Youngjae.
 
The men saw Daehyun from upstairs, in regret.
 
"Please..." Daehyun choked through his pleads. "Save Youngjae."
 
Please hold onto my hand...
Please don't go.
 

I know, I am a terrible person. My heart was hurting when I wrote this! ┗( ●-﹏ `。)づ I remember my best friend in school telling me that she predicts Daehyun is the one who gets hurt, and intially in my head I was thinking, 'That would be such a good plot!' but, I felt that people would expect it to be Daehyun? I wanted there to be a plot twist. All along... Youngjae is the one who gets hurt. So me being the horrible person I am, I convinced her that she was right so that I didn't spoil the real plot to her but my dear... The person who Youngjae sacrificed this entire time, was himself! (I'M STICKING TO FLUFFY FANFICS AFTER THIS LOL JUST KIDDING ^^;;) It doesn't help that she's recently just got ill and has had to stay at home - I dread the day we see each other again. She's going to hurt me for tricking her all this time ;____;
 
I feel especially bad for JB too since he's coming back with Jr. pretty soon! Bless him, I think he deserves a hug from all of us! (GOT7)
 
Anyway, let me know what you thought of this, I'd like to read your opinions! ^0^ I do understand that these two chapters are really lengthy as well, so if you don't understand anything, just make sure to let me know and I'm willing to explain to you! :D Have a good weekend everyone!