Desperate.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
Jongup also went missing on the same day. He didn't attend work in the morning - and all his belongings were nowhere to be seen. It was as if Jongup had just vanished into thin air. Himchan had left his keys and phone - something to mark his disappearance. But Jongup didn't leave a single trace of clues behind.
 
'Lee Minyoung - mother of Haru and Jongup, faints at the news of them both being abducted.'
 
'Personal abduction? Chief Superintendant General Yoo Youngjae's best friends also targets of this sinister on-going abduction.'
 
'3 missing in a week. All linked to our role model, Chief Superintendant General Yoo Youngjae. Coincidence?'
 
Youngjae's hands shook as he put down the stacks of newspapers, fighting back the tears. He feared who would be next. It could be anyone. And it could happen anywhere.
 
The very thought of it frightened Youngjae. One by one, they were disappearing. And he had this feeling that very soon, the target would soon be him.
 

 

It was the morning when Himchan made his way to work. He yawned, as the sound of his keys clanging against each other was heard when he turned the lock to get into his shop.
 
As he walked downstairs into the dim power room to get the equipment working, he faced a man with dark clothing and a mask in his way.
 
"What the hell...?" but before Himchan could do anything, he was attacked from behind. An arm was forcefully hooked around his neck as he struggled to break free. The man responsible had stabbed Himchan in the back brutally with a syringe with a lethal substance. Himchan, who was fighting them without any fear had slowly become weaker each second passing, as the fluid rushed into his body, and caused him to collapse
 

 
Himchan's work friends had called Yongguk because his keys and phone were there, but he wasn't. The power room's lights were on and the front doors were open. Everything looked out of place. And very unusual. It was weird for someone to leave their phone and keys behind, along with the door wide open.
 
Youngjae came home as soon as he heard what had happened. He came home to see his defenceless leader, a troubled Daehyun and a vulnerable looking Zelo. He had to clench his fists and hope that the day wouldn't get any worse for him.
 
Since he was secretly still working on this case behind his Commissioner's back, it meant having to be very careful.  He couldn't even interfere in the case but he had to still go through it. It terrified him. This also meant that Youngjae couldn't touch any of the evidence at the crime scene. He had no right to. It frustrated him to know that he could be missing out on such crucial evidence. In this case, he was only a police officer working from another department. If there was a single print of his identity marked on this crime scene, he would be caught and taken off his position immediately for interfering in a case he shouldn't even be working on.
 
There was no way that this was a coincidence; First Haru kidnapped and now Himchan and Jongup? Youngjae had a very strong feeling that the people who abducted the two people were the same as the people who kidnapped Haru. There could be no way it was different.
 
Youngjae knew from then that this wasn't just a case for the Lee family. It was a case just for him.
 
He saw on the downstairs couch, Yongguk had clutched onto the missing man's keys, phone and wallet, staring into the distance. Youngjae could see that their leader felt helpless. And he felt guilty for not being able to help him either.

 

Zelo had his knees right against his chest. When Jongup was here, Zelo couldn't do anything to make the older man feel better. When Jongup wasn't here, Zelo wasn't able to do anything himself.
 
The impact of Himchan and Jongup being held hostage somewhere really affected all of them.
 
Youngjae had to do something about it - before it was too late. So he announced that he was going to discreetly track the remaining three men, using their phones. "It's just to keep you guys safe. And it will also help us locate where you are, if something happens. Be careful. Okay?"
 
They all nodded, seeing that this wasn't a bad idea at all.
 
He obviously wasn't going to step back and let this all happen. Even if it meant that his status as Superintendent Officer was going to be tainted with disobedience and dishonesty, he was going to get Himchan, Jongup and Haru back and stop these people.
 
His thoughts dispersed when he saw Daehyun proceeding to walk out the doors. Youngjae ran after him, his heart dropping at the thought of him wandering off. "Daehyun, where are you going?" he asked, sounding a little fearful.
 
"I've still got to go to work." he explained.
 
"...Can't you stay at home? You running errands means having to go from one town to another. I don't want to risk you too. Please? Just for a few days." Youngjae tried to persuade. But he failed.
 
"I've got to go, Jae. You know how strict my boss is. I play the big part by delivering the packages that the company make to different places. If I'm not there, how can the job get done?" Daehyun tried to smile, even though Youngjae knew he was forcing it.
 
"We can stand a few days. I'll call them to tell them you can't come in for the week. Just... stay at home, so I know that you're okay." Youngjae tried to convince him once again, but Daehyun wasn't going to listen.
 
"I don't want to risk it. Besides, you've tracked me. You know where I am, at all times. Even if my phone is off."
 
Youngjae was desperate. "Do you want to end up like Himchan and Jongup as well?" he asked harshly, which only caused Yongguk and Zelo to also look at him hurt, feeling as if their hearts were being ripped out of their chests and tossed away. He didn't mean to ask that. he really didn't. His heart was just screaming out badly in pain since he couldn't do much about what was happening around him. He couldn't bear to lose anyone else now. He had already lost too much.
 
Daehyun only gave him sad eyes, surprised that he even asked, "No." he replied quietly. "I can take care of myself." he declared in a hurt voice and walked away. To Daehyun, it came to the point that he felt better going to work than staying at home. Because home now brought very bad memories. Going to work would definitely make him feel better - because then, he could forget about everything at home.
 
It wasn't very often that Youngjae and Daehyun would fight. In fact, it was rare. They were so close, that in the slightest disagreement between them - they would make sure to talk it out and come to a solution about it. The fact that Daehyun had walked away from him caused him to shake.
 
Please be okay... he thought with a heavy, troubled heart.
 
I overflow in anger, and scream...
 

Oh hi. xD I'll be surprised if anyone is still reading this fanfic to be honest, after going on exactly 4 months of hiatus! Forgive me? T________T Sixth Form has been proving to show that it's much more time consuming and harder than it looks! D: Also, I've been writing ahead with this fic and I went through a little writer's block getting the middle parts done. Now that I have my break however, I am definitely determined to get this done because this plot has not left my head since I've had to put school as a priority first~! I feel so cruel writing such a tragic fanfic during the Christmas Season - especially with the fact that over here it's Christmas Eve; and I'm sure in many countries it's already Christmas Day! Forgive me readers, if you are still out there xD
 
On the other hand, Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo are all verified on Twitter asfkl;sajf;ajlkgjf;sfdjk; Imagine if Mama Channie is verified on Christmas Day omg... ^0^ Not to forget that they're coming back in January *______* I've missed BAP! And it truly feels as if I haven't seen them for months when in reality they've been active in Japan all this time. XD
 
I hope you're having a lovely Christmas break and to those who are going through a hard time this year - I do know some - I am keeping you in my prayers. It's good to be back and to be finishing this fanfic that required a lot of thinking! ^.~