Coma.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
"W-What?" Daehyun couldn't believe it. "No... No..." He didn't want to believe it. Daehyun's breathing suddenly became shallow. And he couldn't stop shaking his head in refusal. He was holding Youngjae in his arms before the younger man passed out, he shouldn't have been so surprised. But the fact that he was in a coma tore his heart.
 
"We believe that he was hit around the head with a very hard and heavy object. The damage has caused him to fall into a coma, because of major head injury. The stab wound to the stomach only escalated the fatality of his physical state. To withstand a fatal blow to the head and a puncture to the stomach is very brave. Youngjae was very strong, but his body was too tired and weak to fight back against it.
 
What if Youngjae took months to get out of that coma? What if he recovered but forgot everyone? Everything? He could develop a permanent paralysis or a disability. Worst of all, he might not even wake up.
 
Daehyun skin felt prickly. He didn't know how to react.
 
"I would like to keep all the patients admitted here overnight, except Miss Jung Hana. Many of you need to be kept for observation or given the night to recover. But I think it's best if we keep Yongguk and Youngjae here for a while, since we don't know for certain what their condition is. I can't guarantee that Yongguk and Youngjae will get better, so I ask you to co-operate with me."
 
But before anyone else could say anything, the Commissioner came into the room with his black jacket and a soaked umbrella. He had been looking for them everywhere. He was outraged.
 
The police team didn't know what to do but bow deeply towards him with guilt and sorrow.
 
"If you do not mind," he spoke to the others who were also in the room. "I would like to speak to Team 0128 privately." they left as soon as they were told.
 
There was a tense moment of silence before he spoke again, knowing that everyone had left. "You have all let me down. I specifically told you that the case was not in your hands anymore. I transferred the case over to the Special Forces because I knew that the mission was too dangerous for you! And what did you do? You went against my word and threw yourselves into the mission, only to get hurt. Officer Hana's hand is broken, and Officer Youngjae has fallen into a coma. The Special Force who spent hours into this rescue mission, couldn't even carry out the mission because you wasted their valuable and precious time by ruining it. You even brought an ex-policeman who was shot in the shoulder, and a stray dog into the mission. You are just lucky that Mr Youngjun isn't going to let anyone know about the police's involvement to his injury and the dog wasn't hurt in any way. And you Jaebum." he turned to the solo member who was not on their side. "I'm disappointed in you. You told them who the criminals were when it was top secret. You should have came to me and told me that they were planning this. Nothing would have happened if you had just told me!"
 
Jaebum felt as if he was torn between two conflicting sides. He didn't know if he should have told Team 0128 their secret mission in order to prevent them from entering the dangerous situation, or if he should have told the Commissioner that they were working on the exact case behind his back. But either way, he should have told someone. It could have saved lives, and they probably wouldn't be here right now.
 
"Commissioner Taesung-nim, I'm sorry for interrupting but..." Hana couldn't help but speak up. "We're talking about our duty and where we stand, but Youngjae is over there in a coma." she broke down into tears. "We're talking about what we did was outrageous, even though we saved everyone... But Youngjae sacrificed everything he had left in him and now he might never wake up." she spoke bitterly, rubbing harsh tears out of the way.
 
She remembered when she told Youngjae that she had a terrible feeling something bad would happen, even if they did everything they could. She had no idea the bad thing would happen to Youngjae. Her heart was breaking because her best friend might never wake up.
 
The Commissioner only sighed. "I'm sorry team. None of this would have happened if you just told me what was going on. How can I trust you if you do not tell me anything? How can I trust you when you go against my orders? Which is why I'm putting your team on suspension. Jung Hana, Jang Hyosung, Song Jieun, Han Sunhwa. Please hand me your badge, gun and mobiles by tomorrow morning and I will hold onto them until I make a decision with your group status. Jaebum, I will transfer you to another team in the meantime."
 
They all felt the tense atmosphere again. It was obvious that the Commissioner favourited Jaebum. They all dispersed slowly after he dismissed them. None of them wanted to speak to each other, especially not Jaebum.
 
Just as Jaebum was about to exit the room however, Daehyun came from behind the curtains, leading him to walk backwards reluctantly and remain in the room.
 
"Why didn't you tell them that you were attacking at the same time?"
 
"I..." he saw Daehyun's bruised cheek and forehead that had a few stitches. He had no words. No matter what - anyone he came across was going to curse and spit words at him of how he was wrong.
 
"Well you should have at least told them that you were attacking on the same day. You knew Jaebum. You knew that they were going to head to the same location as you, you knew that they were working on the same case as you. You rejected them the first time saying that it was too dangerous for you but then you change your mind when the Commissioner asks you that you can join the special forces that weren't even any use of help?" Daehyun's tone of voice raised with each sentence he spoke. He scoffed bitterly.  "You're funny, aren't you? Well you got what you wanted. But it cost Youngjae to fall into a coma. If anything happens to him..." Daehyun managed to catch his eye during his threat. Jaebum knew he meant every word. Daehyun looked at him as if he was going to really kill him. "I'm going to make sure that you are responsible."
 
Jaebum blinked a number of times to refrain the tears from falling, and quickly walked away.
 
Daehyun only sighed silently and took a seat next to Youngjae.
 
Youngjae had been changed into hospital clothes and his head had been bandaged. There were wires attached to him and Daehyun just really wanted to rip them off of him because it reminded him of how serious Youngjae's condition was.
 
He just wanted Youngjae to open his eyes. It didn't matter if he couldn't speak or feel anything. He just wanted Youngjae to open his eyes. He reached out his hand to nudge Youngjae's arm softly, hoping that he would get some response. "Youngjae, wake up." his voice trembled. He really didn't want to believe that Youngjae was in a coma. It felt too unfamiliar.
 
Youngjae, can you hear me? Daehyun tried to talk to him through his mind.
 
No reply.

 
What can I do. What can I do?

Short update - please forgive me ^^;; I'm really hoping to get this fanfic done soon though - hopefully in April (MOTIVATE ME MY DEAR READERS ) - so I can move onto my new fanfics because this one feels as if it's been forever! >o< Anyone who is a UK reader + is planning to go to the LOE concert in London, make sure to let me know - I'd love to meet up with you! :D Apart from that, I hope you've all been well! I'd also just like to say:
 
 
A very happy birthday to our special gummy bear leader, Bang Yongguk! ♡♡ As a fan of Yongguk, I really couldn't be any more proud of all that he has done. I know that he has so much more in store for us and I only look forward to more of his compositions and down-to-earth humble acts of activism that sets him apart from others today in society. I love the fact that he loves children and he cares about the environment so much (Yongguk, we're soulmates I tell you now because I feel the exact same about children and the environment). He is truly a role model that anyone can look up to and admire. It hurts especially to know that he overworks an immense amount, to the point where I'm convinced that he has become physically weak because of it. But that just shows how hard he is willing to work for us and for everyone else. Yongguk, please make sure to eat enough and sleep enough. And no matter what you do, think of your health first. Thanks for making me the person I am today. 사랑해요. ♡♡♡