Recovery.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
Sirens and alarms were blaring through the streets of Seoul in the empty and rainy night.
 
9 people were hospitalised into the accidents and emergencies department.
 
Hana went through an x-ray scan to discover she had a non-displaced fracture on her right hand. It was put into a cast. It was going to take her a few weeks to recover, but overall her injury wasn't as serious as the others.
 
Youngjun went into an immediate operation to remove the bullet from his shoulder, which involved him being sedated so that he would sleep through the procedure and it would be easy for the doctors to take it out as well as trying to avoid the pain from getting any worse. Fortunately, the bullet did not hit any major blood vessels or important tissues.
 
Himchan and Zelo had to go through an agonising procedure of stomach pumping, so that the poisoned drugs could be cleaned out of their stomachs and their blood. This rare procedure that had to be used on them worried the doctors and nurses. This procedure would only be used for people who were heavily overdosed with drugs. Deliberate overdose.

Daehyun and Jongup were not as heavily poisoned with the drugs but Daehyun did have to get stitched because of a knife injury to his arm that he was not aware of. Jongup had to receive stitches because of the razor sharp blade that he managed to cut his own hand with, whilst trying to cut the ropes free. He had his hand bandaged and as soon as he was free to leave, he went to go and look for Haru.
 
Haru did not suffer any serious physical injuries which was a relief. There were only slight cuts and bruises near her wrists and feet from the ropes that were tied to her. There was a worry however, that Haru could be suffering from psychological damage. She was only 14, and she had experienced abduction, violence and torment all at once.
 
Jongup looked through the bays in the hospital corridor he was walking down. He finally found Haru behind a pair of curtains in a certain area. She was currently resting in bed, after being washed up and checked up for any injuries. "Lee Haru." Jongup couldn't lie, he was angry with Haru. He was still angry with their argument. But right now, he couldn't. He had to see if she was alright. Otherwise Jongup would not be able to forgive himself for letting this happen to his only sister.
 
Haru had not heard that familiar voice for so long. As soon as she saw her older brother, she couldn't help but burst into tears. He only approached her with a warm embrace.
 
"You're okay..." he said. "You're okay..." his voice broke, not believing that they finally got Haru back. She was missing for almost two weeks but it felt like he hadn't seen her in forever. She must have felt so scared and vulnerable - for she kept seeing faces and hearing voices that she was not familiar with at all; criminals, medics, nurses, doctors. They didn't look friendly. They only talked amongst themselves and did not even bother ask how she was feeling. She didn't even know how to feel or what to say about them.
 
"It's all my fault..." she mumbled.
 
"No it's not Haru." Jongup only soothed her. "It's not." he sighed, not knowing what to do.
 
The curtains once again were harshly pushed out of the way to reveal their parents.
 
They warmly embraced their children with no words. The thought of losing both their children felt terrifying. Nothing scared them even more than that. They had never felt so scared in their entire lives.
 

 
Hana, Jieun, Hyosung and Sunhwa were waiting for the results from Youngjun's operation outside the operating room.
 
Whilst waiting, Jaebum had rushed to see them. They looked at him with grief and regret.
 
"How is he?" he asked, out of breath. He rushed to the hospital as soon as he was dismissed from the special force team.
 
"We... We don't know yet." Hyosung replied, hands folded together.
 
He saw Hana's tightly bandaged hand and sighed silently.
 
He should have told them when he had the chance.
 
The doctor came out eventually, after an hour of waiting. The four of them stood up, and they all bowed to him.
 
"How is he, Doctor?" Sunhwa asked.
 
"The operation was successful. Mr Yoo Youngjun will be fine. He just needs to rest for a few weeks and to take things easy. Would you like to go and see him?"
 
They all nodded impatiently, before being invited into the room and left with him for some privacy.
 
There laid a sleeping man who was covered with a blanket up to the shoulders. He opened his eyes at the sound of them approaching and took a deep breath. "Don't come in here, I'm shirtless." Youngjun smiled cheekily. It was just a relief to see that he was okay.
 
"Do you think this is a good time to take things so lightly? You almost died back there!" Sunhwa shouted at him. Tears slipped out of her tired eyes and rolled down her cheeks. "Why didn't you just take a gun to protect yourself?" She was trembling. "I was so scared something would happen to you..." she just managed to say, before breaking down and sobbing.
 
"Hey... Sunhwa. I'm okay, you see?" he tried to calm her down, feeling guilty for trying to ease the atmosphere. Youngjae was just like him - always trying to lighten the atmosphere. They hated things being so serious.  Sunhwa had been through the worst. At the time when the battle erupted, she wasn't a police officer. She wasn't in charge of what was happening. And what scared her the most was that she could have been carrying a dead man in her arms - Youngjun had lost a fair amount of blood from the wound, and she remembered feeling his skin going as cold as ice. Sunhwa did not stop sobbing - she knew that as a police officer, she was supposed to expect the unexpected. But this mission was too distressing. Youngjun struggled to sit up - with the help of them supporting him - and quietly revealed the area where he had been shot. It was freshly bandaged and there were no blood stains. "I survived a bullet wound without a gun, do you see? So don't worry about me, do you understand?" he comforted her. Youngjun felt really sorry for worrying Sunhwa so much.
 
His shining brown eyes soon turned to look at Hana's hand injury. "How are you feeling?"
 
"You should ask yourself that." Hana told him. Youngjun was so sweet. He took a bullet to the shoulder, yet he was considering everybody else's health.
 
"I'm doing okay, don't worry. I just need a lot of time to recover. And sleep." his eyes drooped with a smile. "How about the others? We got them back?"
 
"We got them back..." Hyosung replied. "But we haven't checked up on them yet."
 
"You should see how they're doing and come back to me later. I'm doing alright." he insisted.
 
They agreed and left, making sure to see him later. On the way, there was an awkward and tense atmosphere between the police team and Jaebum.
 
"You should have told us." Hyosung spoke up, feeling furious.
 
"I know." Jaebum responded. "And I'm sorry for not telling you guys. I tried to tell you who the crim-"
 
"You told us who they were, one step too late! You knew that we were going to attack the same time as you and you still kept quiet! Im Jaebum... whose side were you on?!"
 
"It was my duty to keep the attack a secret. It was classified as top secret. I didn't know people would end up hurt like this." he tried to tell her calmly.
 
"Thanks for the late information, but other than that... Your special force mission was useless. If you told us that your team were going to attack, none of us would be here right now. None of us would be hurting now... Because of you." she gave him a cold glare and walked away without another word.
 
Jaebum tightened his fists and only followed on behind them, wishing that he could do something to help.
 
They came to Yongguk and Youngjae's rooms, meeting Daehyun, Jongup and his parents on the way and were met with unsteady faces from the doctors.
 
"Will they be okay?" Daehyun asked hastily.
 
"Your friend Yongguk is just taking some time out. He's breathing, but he needs some time to just get around and gain consciousness again. Once he wakes up he will go through the same procedures as Himchan and Zelo in order to get rid of the toxic fluids out of his body; because as soon as he wakes up, the poison will start working and spreading again. Since his body will start functioning again, we must act quickly to get rid of the poison. We have the operation prepared for him for when he wakes up. As for Youngjae..."
 
They all looked at him nervously.
 
"We think Youngjae may be in a coma."
 
I want to hold you.

 


Hello! It really has been a while hasn't it? I sincerely apologise for that! Truthfully I have been writing and writing throughout my absence and there were times where I had to remove this and remove that and re-edit this and re-edit that so it's been quite messy lately. I have sort of a clear idea now of what I'll be writing from now on. Apart from that, I hope you've all been well! (If you're still here~!) I miss you all and I hope that you're all still interested in this fanfic? ^-^
So much has honestly happened whilst I've disappeared (BAP have managed to comeback with 1004 and I comeback to this fanfic when they have their goodbye stage ok ok XD) and I feel a bit celebratory because BAP are coming to the UK for their Live on Earth 2014 asjdklgfd;sjg;f!!
 

Also! I came across a vid on Youtube that kinda represents DaeJae's relationship here? And I hope you guys don't mind but I just want to share it with you: believe me, if I could watch this all day, I would because they're so adorable as best friends I CANNOT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cebkhI3weeQ~
I'm not entirely sure if there's going to be constant updates - but I am super determined to get this done - I won't abandon this! So until next time, stay safe and stay happy! ^___^