Heartache.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
A soft knock was heard from the other side of the door to Youngjun's room.
 
"Come in."
 
It was Hana. "Hi." she held a pile of paperwork in her hands.
 
"Hello." Youngjun turned off the TV. "Any news on Ace?"
 
"Yep." she handed him the paperwork. "It's all been signed for. Youngjae is his new owner and Ace will be able to stay with him as soon as his leg is recovered and he's been properly fed back into good health." she swallowed heavily. Even mentioning Youngjae hurt.
 
Youngjun took the sheets and read through them briefly. "It's highly likely that Ace was neglected and abused?" his eyes widened.
 
"Yeah. I have this really clear idea that Ace got hurt because of Daehyun's brother. The vet told me that his leg was either stepped on or it was trapped into something hard, like a door."
 
"Ouch..." he sympathised with the poor puppy.
 
"Perhaps Ace knew what they were doing that night the boys were kidnapped and was trying to help them out. He followed them until he couldn't anymore because heartless as they are, they shut the door behind them, trapping his poor leg with it. He managed to ran away, but his leg gave up on him."
 
Youngjun opened his mouth to speak, who seemed to look amazed at her. "No wonder Youngjae always told me that you were the brain of the group." She looked up at Youngjun, and that's where he saw her eyes that were slightly swollen. He knew she had been crying again.
 

A few days passed, and there was still no response from Youngjae. Yongguk had woken up sometime in those few days, but the members were not allowed to see him.
 
"I thought you told us that Yongguk was just taking some time out..." Himchan told the doctor, feeling rather confused.
 
"Yes, and we've been trying our hardest to help him but he doesn't seem to be fully conscious at the moment. He's been responding to pain but apart from that, his body is so weak that he cannot even verbally respond to us. It seems as though the drugs you were dosed with, were not the same as Yongguk's. In fact, they are stronger. And much more painful to the human body. So we can't let anyone see him until we know what is wrong with him."
 
Himchan suddenly felt frightened for his friend. "Please, do all you can to help him." he softly pleaded. They already had Youngjae fighting for his life.
 
"We'll work out hardest. We will let you know as soon as possible when you are able to visit him."
 
Himchan bowed to the doctor, with a heavy heart.

All the members, along with Youngjun and Haru however, were allowed to dismiss from the hospital because they had recovered to a good standard.
 
"Can't we just stay here?" the quiet Daehyun asked, who yet again didn't look at anyone but Youngjae.
 
"We should give them some time to recover. Should anything happen, we'll make sure to get here as soon as possible. We can visit them every day if you want." Himchan gently offered.
 
But Daehyun felt that he wasn't going to do anything at home, so what was the point of leaving?
 
"I want to stay here." Daehyun firmly told them.
 
"Daehyun ah, we're only visitors now, not patients." It made Daehyun feel very stupid and unreasonable; considering that he wasn't a patient in the hospital anymore, just a mere visitor - meaning that he couldn't stay overnight or even long hours.
 
"I don't care. I'm not leaving."
 
"Daehyun, please..." Himchan pleaded. "Please come home with us."
 
Daehyun sighed, feeling frustrated. Tears threatened his eyes as he looked at Youngjae's hand that he had neatly entwined with his own hand. He looked at Youngjae's face and felt his heart break again. He would anything, absolutely anything for Youngjae to wake up. It hurt him that he wouldn't be able to see him as often anymore. Daehyun kissed the back of Youngjae's hand very softly and let go of it reluctantly. He stood up coldly and told them, "Fine."
 

Jongup was also helping Haru to pack and leave. "You all set?" he asked, trying to smile.
 
Haru nodded quietly.
 
"How are the therapy sessions going?"
 
Haru swallowed heavily. "They're okay." she managed to reply, lips trembling slightly. But truthfully they were not. She couldn't tell the therapist anything. She was scared to trust anyone. Haru felt that if she uttered a word about what happened, Daewoon would find her.
 
After all, Daewoon knew where she lived. He knew where they all lived.
 
Miyoung arrived to pick them up, not before giving them both a big hug. Jongup was about to leave when his mom stopped him.
 
"Jongup ah, where are you going?"
 
Jongup pointed to the rooms down the corridor. "To... Go home with them?" but he sounded confused in his own answer. Why did she want to ask where he was going?
 
"Can you please stay with us for a few weeks? Just for a few weeks. I don't want to think about separating from you after what's happened." his mother explained. Jongup could tell just by the tone of her voice that she was scared she was going to lose Jongup again.
 
Jongup sighed painfully. "Okay." he eventually gave in. He had the conscience to wonder how his parents felt in the midst of all this - how much it must have killed them to realise that their only two children could have been killed. And he knew that if his children had been found, he would never want to let them out of his sight again.
 
"A week. Just for a week." Jongup tried to compromise. "My friends need me too."
 
"Okay." she kissed him on the forehead and led them down the corridor to the elevator.
 
The problem was, how was he going to tell the guys? He said that he would go home with them, but now there was a change in plans. He felt like a terrible person, because they were his family too.
 
Jongup managed to run in Zelo whilst walking with Miyoung and Haru. Immediately he grabbed the younger's hands and tried to explain to him everything.
 
"Hyung, where are you going?"
 
It was the first time Zelo talked after passing out. The way Zelo called him 'Hyung' made Jongup want to hit himself for feeling so torn in between his family and friends. His heart was hurting.
 

"Zelo, I've got to stay with them for a week. I will come back as soon as possible. I promise." Zelo nodded, feeling so rushed and dizzy from what was happening. He wanted to shake his head. He wanted to disagree and tell Jongup that he needed him. He wanted to tell the older man not to leave him because he felt the most vulnerable he had ever felt in almost 20 years. When Jongup let go of his hands, and followed his family, Zelo's heart sunk deeper than it ever had. "I will call you." he managed to catch his hyung say. He nodded again, covering all the words and feelings up with that simple gesture.
 
"Where's Jongup going?" Himchan asked, just missing him because he was trying to convince Daehyun to go home with them.
 
Zelo opened his mouth to speak, but found that nothing came out. He only pointed to the three figures heading for the elevator. "He has to go back to his family for a week." he weakly replied. He felt that he couldn't breathe. He needed Jongup by his side to support him, but the man had to sadly turn his back to him and walk away.
 

"Let him go. He will come back to us. Don't worry." Himchan tried to be rational, patting him on his back. "If my children were to be found after a kidnapping, I don't think I would let them go as easily, either." he explained.
 
I think my heart is going to explode.

 


Because I really miss writing about a happy Daehyun. And a happy BAP. And a happy fanfic overall AJWSLKFJAS;LKFJA;S.
♡♡♡