Realisation.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
"Officer Hana, someone is requesting for you at the reception." a man appeared at the doorway to hand the message to her. She nodded and excused herself to meet this person who was looking for her.
 
"Esmé..." Hana spoke in a soft voice. She was surprised to see it was one of Haru's friends who was looking for her. Esmé looked worried and blameworthy.
 
"No news of Haru at all?" was the first thing the Korean-American girl asked.
 
Hana shook her head, also feeling disappointed. She noticed a piece of card in the girl's hands. "Is there something you want to tell me Esmé?"
 
Esmé shook her head. "I just... If Haru comes back... Could you give this to her?" she handed the older girl a photo of Haru smiling with her other three friends, including Esmé. "We fell out on the day she was kidnapped. I said something terrible."
 
"You called her brother an accident. And she believed you, right?" Hana folded her arms at the young girl who couldn't even lift her head because she felt responsible.
 
"Yeah. I didn't mean to say that. That was when we first met. Haru's family story is very well-known. And I sort of misinterpreted her brother to being a mistake. The day she was kidnapped... She wanted me to apologise to her brother personally but at the time I didn't want to. There was pride in me that I was more concerned of. I barely knew her brother, which I knew would only make it harder for me if I really did apologise. I realise how very wrong I am now. I just wish I did apologise to him. I shouldn't have believed what people told me. If you get to see her again... Please tell her I'm sorry. And that I won't ever bother her again if it makes her feel more comfortable." the girl bowed respectively.
 
"I'll make sure to pass this on my dear. I thought you were supposed to leave Korea the day Haru went missing?"
 
Esmé smiled, feeling a little bit embarrassed from telling her, "I missed the flight that day with my parents because I felt like I needed to apologise personally. I didn't want to leave here without making it up to her. I've been delaying the time to go back, just in case you've found her... But my parents have told me that today is the final day. No more playing around. I've got to get back for school."
 
"It doesn't help that now her brother and his friends are missing too. It's giving Youngjae a really hard time." Hana tried to explain.
 
Esmé's eyes were glowing with tears. "What should I do? I feel like this is really my fault now."
 
"We have a special force looking into the location they are at right now. Don't worry about it." Hana tried to calm the girl down. She almost forgot that she had been taken off the case a while ago, because they were now investigating as a team behind their Commissioner's back. And people like Esmé had absolutely no idea.
 
"Please find her soon. I don't know what I would do if something happened to her..." she fidgeted with her hands nervously.
 
Hana smiled softly at her, although she couldn't see it. "We'll work our hardest. So just worry about getting back home to the US, okay?" Esmé nodded. Hana bent down to her level and looked at her in the eyes. "You're very pretty Esmé, and I know from Haru that you're a very good friend of hers too. But don't let the rumours and gossip around you, get to you, do you understand? Gossip and rumours can be evil. I know that from experience. These kinds of innocent sayings can hurt someone without even realising. I'll give this to Haru once we find her."  she waved the photo lightly. "Come back to Korea one day."
 
The two girls exchanged greetings and parted ways.
 
Hana smiled to herself, taking a look at the photo herself because it was so endearing to see. Esmé knew she was wrong and wanted to apologise personally. Jongup's background story had managed to fly all the way to the US. Perhaps Haru had told her friends that lived there Jongup's past, therefore the rumours having being spread. Hopefully Esmé could stop those false rumours spreading once she got back and assure them that Jongup's history should only be seen in a positive aspect. They all looked so happy, and Hana only wished that they could stay like this. Her smile suddenly faded into a breathless frown however, when she saw something horribly wrong about the photo.
 

Tracking Daehyun's location, thanks to the GPS, they were going to find the others too. Youngjae had taken the morning to plan out everything they were going to do.
 
It was the final battle, the final chance to get them back. After the tormenting phone calls and restless nights, Youngjae was determined to end this.
 
They were about to move out to proceed to the plan, but were stopped from a phone call that Hyosung was currently taking.
 
"Jaebum, why didn't you tell us this earlier?" it was rare for Hyosung to be angry. It just showed how impatient and tired she was becoming as well. "Thank you for at least telling us. Yeah, I'm sorry too."
 
The last part scared everyone. What was there to be scared about?
 
"What is it?" Youngjae asked nervously.
 
Hyosung sighed, and took out that file. The file that held information about the top 10 most wanted criminals in Korea.
 
"The man we are looking to catch and arrest, is the same man that the Seoul district has been trying to catch for almost 10 years now." she pointed to the criminal file. But there was no photo.
 
"The man we've been trying to catch as well?" Youngjae held his breath.
 
The criminal that had too many links to other dangerous people. Youngjae had been trying to catch him for a while now - although he had failed numerous times. It showed just how very dangerous he was. (A/N: If you don't seem to recognise the criminal Youngjae was catching, he was back in Chapter 1 - basically it's been him all this time, they were just never told by their Commissioner.)
 
"That bastard must be having a lot of fun right now, playing tricks with us." Youngjun mumbled under his breath.
 
"That must have been the file that Commissioner Taesung was holding... He knew all this time and he didn't tell us because it was too dangerous." Youngjae finally clicked.
 
Hana burst through the door, still holding the picture. "Guys, take a look at this." she hurried to them. Youngjae's eyes furrowed together as he noticed someone lurking in the back of the picture from the four unaware girls who were casually just having a good time at a theme park.
 
"It looks like there's someone there at the back watching over them..." Sunhwa pointed out clearly.
 
"This means... They were following Haru all this time. That's how they knew where Haru's house was and they knew where the rest of the group were. They were stalking them... And maybe even us."
 
It gave them all goosebumps. They didn't feel safe at all. It was as if someone was watching their every move.
 
"What if we got the story wrong guys? What if... They've actually been following us for a long time now?" Hana questioned them. They all gave her a puzzled look, as she tried again to explain her hypothesis. "Okay - what are the things people usually leave their house with?" Hana asked.
 
"Umm, house keys, mobile phone, wallet... Why?" Youngjun was suddenly curious to such a question from Hana.
 
"Exactly. When Haru went missing, we didn't find any traces of her phone, her set of the house keys or her purse. The TV wasn't on, she wasn't on her computer, she wasn't cooking in the kitchen, nothing. The house was clean and spotless. Why would Haru be clutching onto her house keys, phone and wallet, if she was at home? And if she really was at home, how can the kidnappers have cleaned up the house without leaving a single piece of evidence to follow? The people who kidnapped her didn't come in, she went out." the puzzle finally clicked.
 
"It makes sense!" Jieun nodded, finally realising. "The house had no evidence, no scratches, footprints, traces of material whatsoever."
 
"Esmé told me that on the day she was leaving to go back to the US, she had an argument with Haru. The same day she was kidnapped. What if Haru went out and met up with her but didn't make it back home?  They didn't need Haru to get back home in order to abduct her. They knew her every move." Hana did not take another second to grab the booklet that contained Minyoung and Minki's accounts of what they said when they were interviewed. "Haru's parents said that they weren't on bad terms with anyone and who would be likely to kidnap their daughter. Why would anyone want to kidnap a 14 year old girl if they had nothing against her? What Haru's kidnapping did do however, was raise our attention. The phone calls didn't go to Minyoung anymore, they went to you, Youngjae. They left that exact cell phone we found, in the place where only we would find it, a place where nobody else would. I don't think the kidnapper is someone associated with Haru or her family, they are associated with us. They wanted us to do something about her kidnapping. And we seem to have fallen into that trap."
 
"You... You're seriously a genius." Youngjun pointed out. He wasn't very familiar with the team, but everything Hana was saying made absolute sense.
 
"They're professional criminals, guys. It's the reason why we could never track their phones or catch them in time. There must be a lot of people working for this man. And they must be using very high tech equipment so that they get away with things."
 
"Hana's right." Youngjae agreed with everything she said. "This mission could be dangerous, no matter how prepared or experienced we may be. Is everyone still okay with going forward with it? If not, speak now."
 
There was silence in the room. There was only the looks of determination to end this, once and for all.

"Then there's no time to wait. We've got the address of where Daehyun is. Let's get going. Do you all know what to do?" Youngjae asked them.
 
They all nodded, firm and ready.

 


To prevent being caught from their Commissioner, they headed out quietly using the emergency exit at the back of the building, and set off in two different cars that weren't licensed with the police, so they weren't giving away their cover.
 
Youngjae, Youngjun and Hana were in one car and Hyosung, Jieun and Sunhwa were in the other.
 
Hana checked the location of the tracking device and looked confused as soon as they got to the place.
 
"We've been in this neighbourhood before..." she said, looking around slowly. "That house." Hana pointed to the house across the street they were quietly searching on "Was where we found the abandoned phone. Remember?"
 
This meant that they definitely must have missed something the last time. "Okay. Then we should start searching." Youngjae declared.
 

 
" Just you wait, you'll be wanting to join the Special Force in seconds as soon as we get them." one of the cadets told Jaebum.
 
They were going to strike soon. Jaebum was inevitably fearful of what his Team 0128 were planning at that moment. They could soon collide and cause catastrophe. The thought of it made his heart drop. So he decided to call them.
 
The phone dialled once.
 
Twice.
 
Three times.
 
But by the fourth time someone had picked up. He didn't care who it was, as long it was someone from his team.
 
"Guys! Listen." Jaebum started to explain, but he was cut off with an auto- message;
 
"You have currently reached Team 0128 of the Seoul Police Department. No one is currently available to take your call..."

Angrily, he ended the call. Jaebum had to refrain the temptation of screaming in frustration. Just why, why, why didn't he tell them when he had the chance? He knew that if he told them, it would have changed everything. But his cowardly actions pulled him back. He took off the heavy sniper gun and was about to head out and ditch them when he was dragged back by his teammate.
 
"Where are you going? We have a duty!" he told him sternly.
 
"I have to save my friends. They're going to interfere with our mission if I don't help them - they're in danger."
 
"So are we. We're in danger too." was the only thing he said and Jaebum finally understood. "Jaebum ah. You can't just walk away from us like that. We're in danger 24/7, but we do it for the people. You agreed to join us. And when you join a team, you're making a commitment with people who you will fight and die together with in war if necessary."
 
How did Jaebum think he was ever going to get away with the fear of losing his own life? He was a police officer, a role model and a person of the society. His life could have been lost to a criminal any time, even as a mere citizen. He suddenly felt stupid for saying everything he said when Youngjae gave him the offer. He was selfish. He was thoughtless. And he was incredibly sorry that it was possible that the people Youngjae were going to save could possibly die in his hands, too.
 
Youngjae at that moment, needed Jaebum. As a colleague and as a best friend.
 
But he threw the door in his best friend's face.

 
It hurts so much,
I think I’m going to go crazy.
 

 
Jaebum I'm sorry~! I am a terrible person. Considering that JB is debuting with Jr as a 7 membered boy group under JYP this month T___T JJ PROJECT RETURNS FINALLY <3 Anyway!
 
 
2 0 1 4  is here.
 
 
January is going to be an epic start to the year.
 
BAP's comeback.
 
BAP's 2nd Baby Day.
 
Youngjae's birthday.
 
BAP's 2nd Year Anniversary.
 
THERE IS TOO MUCH TO DEAL WITH AND THIS IS ONLY JANUARY *ROLLS IN A FIELD FULL OF PRETTY FLOWERS*
 
All I'm gonna say is... We're going to have fun this year! ;)