Battle (1)

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
(10/01/14) Double update - 1/2. Keep in mind that this double update is over 5,000 words in total, and some paragraphs/parts are repeated so that you see EVERYTHING that is happening in this super huge incident. It's long, fairly bloody and emotional so make sure you're comfortable with some popcorn, tissues, and enjoy it! ^-^ <3
 

Youngjae had an ominous feeling of danger running through his body. It suddenly became cold and he felt the air being mixed with a horrible smell that got his head clouded with slight nausea. The walls were chipped and discoloured. There was a faint view ahead of him and he had his gun out at aim ready to shoot, but even with that he felt that he wasn't safe. Every step he took thudded menacingly despite being so quiet, and Youngjae could feel his heart beating faster by the second; he could hear it pumping fearfully in his ears. The rest of his team felt the same. As soon as they stepped into the narrow tunnel, they felt something. They knew something wasn't right. It made them feel insecure. They could only hope that they were making the right decision.
 
The group finally got to the end of the dark connecting tunnel to find that they were on the top floor of a 2-floor warehouse. Youngjae took the first step and saw in the distance, a familiar motorbike. His heart dropped. It was Daehyun's motorbike. Daehyun was definitely here. They were about to look around when Youngjae gestured for them to take a step back into the darkness of the tunnel. "We can find them quicker if we search both floors at the same time. We've got to split up into two groups." Youngjae said, regrettably. They didn't want to split up - they couldn't split up at such a crucial time like this. But the more time they wasted, the more lives were going to be risked.

 
"Hyung, are you sure you don't need a gun?" he asked Youngjun, who shook his head in reply.
 
"I'll be fine, don't worry." he gave Youngjae a slight smile. Youngjae nodded, understanding and respecting his decision. He was thankful Youngjun even wanted to help out.

"Hyosung, you stay on this floor with Youngjun, Jieun and Sunhwa. Lead them well. There's about 8 rooms on this floor. There are more rooms on this floor than the one below. Hana and I will take the ground floor. If you approach any of them, be careful. They're on the top ten wanted in Korea. Keep your head low, stay in the dark and use the surroundings you have around you and use it to your advantage. We don't know how many people could be hiding behind those doors, so only take action when it's needed. Understood?" they all nodded in sync. "Be careful, everyone." he told them and headed out.
 
Youngjae was about to follow them from behind, when Hana had grabbed him. "Are you alright?" he asked feeling concerned, because she looked extremely worried.
 
"Are you getting this feeling that... Even though we're doing all we can and everything we can... Something's going to go wrong in the end?" she asked, hoping she wasn't alone.
 
Youngjae was struck by what she said. Because he really felt the same way she was feeling. He already knew they were in huge trouble once they would return to their Commissioner, for a start. But what was eating him alive was that someone could get really hurt. Someone could even die today. He didn't want to think about it, but the thoughts refused to leave him.
 
Youngjae grabbed Hana's arm and gently tugged her. "I do. But we've got to keep going. We've got to stay optimistic." he urged her.
 
And they also set off.
 
Opening a wooden, weak door quickly, they saw nothing. The whole warehouse was breaking down on the inside, but on the outside, it was already shut and boarded up. It was perfect for them to hide well without bringing attention to themselves.
 
He heard the group upstairs opening a door, but hearing silence in response to it.

 
Upstairs. They were almost on their fourth door. There was absolutely no luck in all three previous rooms. Maybe the fourth one could be lucky. They opened it, and were shocked to see who it was.
 

Downstairs. At the same time, they decided to move to the next door, that was further down the area. Youngjae really hoped that sooner or later, someone would show up. "Ready?" Youngjae signalled to Hana, who nodded in response. She aimed the gun at the door as Youngjae opened it swiftly, clearing the way.
 
And there was a weak female figure. She looked up as soon as the door opened. Her red eyes were drained in tears, her hair was all dusty and out. Her hands and legs were tied together and was taped. She tried to exhale sobs and screams but the tape was preventing her to.
 
"Haru..." The state of the poorly 14 year old girl shocked Hana. Youngjae saw her and immediately ran over to help her out.
 
"Team, we've got Lee Haru. I repeat, Lee Haru has been found." Hana felt that there was hope. The words never felt any happier to say. They found her.
 
"Don't worry Haru, we're gonna get you out of here." he began to untie the ropes at her feet. Haru continued to sob. "You're going to be okay..." He was truly relieved that she was okay. That she was safe. She was wearing a red t-shirt with a jacket, fit with jeans and trainers. She was still in the same clothes, the day she was kidnapped. It pained Youngjae to see her like this. She was shaking badly even though she was warm from the heat of being trapped in the warehouse for so long.
 
"We're going to get you out of here don't worry." he began to untie the ropes from her hands free. But she kept mumbling incoherent and tearful words through the tape wounded around . As if she was trying to warn him about something.
 
"Youngjae!" he heard Hana shout at the doorway. He soon figured out why. He felt an excruciating blow to the head that deeply rung his ears as soon as his head felt the hit. A huge man had hid behind the door and leapt out to swing a metal bat right across Youngjae's head, throwing him off the ground and into the air.
 
Youngjae felt blood ooze out of his head. He heard faint screams from Haru and all he could think about was the other five people he needed to save. He saw that Hana was struggling to fight against this man. He managed to ruthlessly shove her hand out of his reach - which made a painful sound - as she fell to the floor from his strength and was going to also be hit with the bat, but not before Youngjae had jumped in and threw him out of the way, dropping the bat in result. Hana took the opportunity to take the metal bat into her fractured hands and knock the man out unconscious.
 
Hana immediately dropped the ringing bat, unknowingly drawing a piercing sound to Youngjae's ears. "Youngjae! Are you alright?" she tried to help Youngjae up to his feet, even though she felt her own hand too weak to do anything. That man had crushed the bones in her right hand.
 
Youngjae had double vision and a bleeding head because it was slightly torn open. "Get Haru..." was all he said. She listened immediately, untying the remaining ropes on her hands and feet.
 
"Come here..." Hana gestured her to come closer into her arms.
 
Hana and Haru came to Youngjae's assistance to help him up when all of a sudden, they heard a loud gunshot, coming from upstairs, followed by a roaring noise.
 
It was not long afterwards that they heard a heavy gunshot again following on from it. There were sudden screams and Youngjae could hear Youngjun's name being mentioned and if he was okay. "Backup needed on first floor!" Sunhwa spoke through their communicator, and even though it made Youngjae's ear hurt slightly, he definitely got the message. Hana looked at him in worry, hearing every single word that he had heard.

 
Youngjun wasn't carrying a gun, despite the bulletproof vest he wore. He kept his promise and instead, risked his own safety.

Their worst fears were coming true. His whole world was crumbling down on him. Could Yongnam's fate be happening to Youngjun too? As much as Youngjae didn't want to say it - the ones he treasured most were suffering because of him. But it made him want to carry on. He couldn't give up. Not now. So he hoisted himself up with the help of the two girls. And headed out.
 
"Get out of here with Haru." was all he said to Hana.
 
"W-What? What about the others?" Hana didn't want to listen to him.
 
"I'll find a way. But right now, Haru is a priority. She needs to be safe." Youngjae's voice was going dry with every word.
 
"I-I can't. I can't leave you to handle it alone." she couldn't help with fighting her feelings anymore and began to burst into tears. She suddenly hated herself for bringing up her thoughts of doing everything right but still it ending up in the wrong.
 
"Hana. Do you trust me?" Youngjae tried to smile, even though there was blood running down the side of his head.
 
She nodded.
 
"Then get out of here. I'll be okay." he assured her. And with that, she hurried to take Haru to safety. Youngjae's comforting yet painful smile disappeared once they left, and was replaced with an expression of determination.
 
He leaned against the wall for support. He couldn't sense much with a very awful head injury. With all the strength he had left, he shouted with all his might, "Jung Daehyun! Where are you?" But all he got in reply, was a creaking bridge from the floor above. The bridge that his team were standing on was threateningly loose.
 
He didn't know if it all ended here. He was fighting in a war to get them back. And he feared that he wouldn't be able to get them back. He feared he wouldn't see them again.
 
"JUNG DAEHYUN!" He screamed so hard that his throat felt sore. He squeezed his eyes tightly from the seeping pain of his head. The pain was unbearable. And each step he took felt heavy. The sounds of heavy rumbling from above frightened him.
 
He looked up to the first floor and saw that Youngjun had fallen to the floor, bleeding. Sunhwa was also there trying to help him out. It led Hyosung and Jieun to reluctantly also open fire. The rumbling was coming from the metal bridge that connected one side to another. It was falling quickly. The bridge that held his team was falling. It was the reason why they could not rescue the BAP members themselves.
 
One wrong step, and they could all die.
 
It was truly chaotic. There were too many of them. They were too clever.
 
He saw Sunhwa carry Youngjun out of the area back into safety. Hyosung and Jieun were stumbling on the bridge. Hyosung looked down and saw Youngjae's head covered in blood. She gasped in horror. He could just about see her through his double-vision. He could see that Jieun was helping Himchan and Zelo. Jongup was carrying Yongguk over his back. "Find a way to get them out of here!" Youngjae shouted up to Hyosung.
 
"What about you?!" Hyosung asked, wondering if Youngjae had really lost it. What was going to happen to Youngjae?
 
"I'll find a way out!" Youngjae explained, clutching onto his head injury.
 
Hyosung wanted to oppose strongly, but could only punch the air in frustration and help them get across before the bridge would break on them. The weight of the BAP members had caused the screws in the bridge to loosen and eventually cause it to collapse but thankfully, they all got across in time.
 
Youngjae jumped out of the way of the metal bridge that fell right in front of his eyes with a heavy bang. He breathed heavily from running out of the way and escaping the collapsing bridge. He looked around, wondering where that certain someone was. Where was Daehyun?

All that stopped when he heard someone in the corner of his terrible view move in the shadows. Youngjae gasped quietly, looked here and there, but only heard the sound of his own heart thudding hardly.
 
"Who's there?!" he shouted. He tried to look everywhere., but there was no one. He heard faint barking from Ace in the distance. Just as he was about to turn back from looking in the distance up on the first floor, he felt a stab to his stomach. He groaned at the pain it gave him, as he held the hands of this monster who had just shoved a dangerously sharp knife into his stomach. But the man only smiled wrathfully, and twisted the knife into his stomach, making Youngjae scream in excruciating pain. He looked at the face of this man, even though he saw two outlines of him and widened his eyes, not believing what he saw.
 
Those eyes he always adored. Those significant lips that he saw as special.
 
Could it really be... Daehyun?

 
It’s becoming blurred
I can’t see your face.