Trap.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
All day, all Youngjae would look at was his tracker device. He was in his office with his team. And even though his team were working hard - piling through files and for any traces of clues they could get hold of to give them a lead, time had stopped for him. His eyes were focused on this electronic device that showed 3 very important spots. The two spots that were close to each other were located back at home. They were Yongguk and Zelo. He sighed in relief to know at least two of them weren't outside. And then there was Daehyun, who was outside. The bright side to this problem however, was that he did manage to get to the company building on time to start working, so Youngjae knew that Daehyun arrived at work safely.
 
He felt like an ungrateful brat. Daehyun offered to help Youngjae all he could, even if that meant staying up at night with him to work. And what did Youngjae do? He threw it back in the older man's face. He forgot to tell Daehyun how grateful he was for everything he would do for Youngjae. Youngjae's job was time consuming, and once he got home he would be shattered that he needed a lie-down. Daehyun would be fine with it. Youngjae was more of the wife in their relationship - refusing to give Daehyun his space and time. But Youngjae meant well. He only wanted to spend as much time as he could with Daehyun when he was away from work.
 
Knowing that Daehyun was just casually moving around slowly to complete errands, he could finally look away without feeling so frightened that something would happen. He leaned back on his chair, and sighed in relief. It was then that he realised that Hana had been watching him.
 
In the distance he saw the other girls working just as hard for any leads. "You've been concentrating on that all day." she looked at him in amusement. "Breathe, Youngjae. We'll find them." Hana assured him. He looked at her, as if his eyes were to ask, 'Are you sure?' She smiled at him and once again, reassured the guy, "We'll find them."
 
And with that, Youngjae got back to work. He still kept a sharp eye on his GPS tracker, but at the same time he was devising a way to leave the building without suspicion of them going against the rules and rescuing them with the assurance that they weren't going to be hurt in any way, whatsoever.
 
"Youngjae, Taesun-nim needs you working us this case." Jieun notified him, handing over a case file.
 
He groaned in frustration quietly but took the file and thanked her nonetheless. Jieun only chuckled at the whiny boy and got back to work.
 
Youngjae opened the file and nonchalantly skimmed through the pages, twiddling his pen in a bored manner. He honestly did not want to look at this file. He knew he was being selfish. But he suddenly took attention to it after reading the details. This case was involving a young boy who had just been murdered for a ransom of money because the victim's family failed to give it to them in time. It only gave him frightening thoughts that he could be reading a case just like this the next time, but with Himchan, Jongup and Haru's names instead. He sneaked a peak at his GPS tracker to see that Daehyun's spot had not moved for a long time now. He glanced outside the window to see how it was becoming dark, and had a very bad feeling that the darkness was going to give the criminals an advantage to do something to the rest of his friends.
 
He immediately took his GPS tracker, phone and police keys.
 
"Where are you going?" his team members asked, but he did not take the time to answer.
 
He was using every second he had.
 
Zooming through the streets of town, he had been constantly dialling Daehyun's phone again and again - yet he received no answer.
 
"Come on..." he whispered to himself, but no luck. His phone eventually went to voice mail again. And again.
 

And again.
 


 
Zelo searched through the evidence Youngjae had collect upstairs - timelines and little information such as the time and location an incident took place. The frustration of finding no leads lead him to stop and just sigh heavily. He stood in the silence of their hangout and felt an ominous feeling. The floorboards he walked on creaked, and he could actually hear the clock ticking. He never even noticed that clock lying on Youngjae's bed desk. The house had always been filled with sound.
 
But not today.
 
For three of them had been abducted somehow. Yongguk received a call to tell them that Daehyun had not returned within two hours from an errand, both his phone and motorbike missing along with him. It was obvious that he was also targeted for the kidnap. Now, it was only Yongguk, Youngjae and himself left. Zelo clenched his hand into a tight fist, wanting to scream so badly.
 
Yongguk was downstairs, hurriedly looking through the case files. He knew that Youngjae had already read through these and that it was pointless, but the separation with three of his younger brothers lead him to wanting to know anything that could be linked to this.
 
Anything.
 
He felt useless, not being able to do anything to help. But he felt desperate. Maybe there was something Youngjae missed, and perhaps Yongguk knew some of these people that Youngjae didn't.
 
Upstairs, Zelo had sat on his bed, glancing at a dodgy bed desk next to Daehyun's bed that had a piece of folded paper sticking out of it.
 
Curiosity got the better of him - as he slowly approached the desk and gently pulled out the paper envelope.
 
It was a no return address. It was a letter specifically to Daehyun. Slowly he picked at the untouched seal of the envelope to open its contents.
 
The fact that it wasn't already open meant that Daehyun had never read it or figured what was in it.
 
Unfolding the piece of paper, he saw that the letter was simply an older brother approaching his younger brother for an apology. To change things. To make things better for the both of them. To start all over again.
 
He sighed.
 
Daehyun should have read it. It could have potentially changed things for him.
 
It could have fixed a missing part to Daehyun, that he had lost so long ago - which made it too painful to forget.
 
But maybe Daehyun didn't want to read it, simply because it meant changing everything.
 
Daehyun might have had to move out and start again with his brother. It meant starting his whole life again.
 
Worst of all, it meant leaving them.
 
Perhaps this was why Daehyun didn't open the letter. Perhaps he knew and he couldn't let go of his brother's past doings, despite him wanting them to start again. Perhaps Daehyun couldn't forget. Perhaps he was afraid.
 
Zelo thought it was a shame. God forbid, he hoped nothing had happened to his Daehyun hyung, but he wondered how different Daehyun's life would have been if he saw the letter and did something about it.
 
He placed the letter on Daehyun's bed slowly, losing himself into a slight daze for a second, just thinking about his own life. How he was ageing so quickly with his best friends he saw tied as blood brothers and how he feared for their life every second that passed.
 
He heard a sudden bump from the hallway, which jolted him back to reality as he stood up and turned his view to the empty hall in a very sharp moment.
 
"Is that you Yongguk hyung?" Zelo walked towards the door and outside. He leaned on the balcony which showed a view of what was going on downstairs. Yongguk was still searching through papers.
 
He had come to a certain criminal profile, that made his eyes widen looking at the details of this man. He had a strong feeling that he found the culprit. If it wasn't him, it couldn't be anyone else.


The noise came again, from outside.
 
They froze and looked at the doorway. It was dark, and they couldn't see anything.
 
Could it be Youngjae?
 
Or someone else?

 
Yongguk turned to look at Zelo. His eyes grew wider in alarm to what he saw. "Zelo, behind you!" he pointed.
 
But before Zelo could even turn around, he was grabbed harshly by a man with a balaclava mask and swung around the room until he had been pushed into the wall. In the man's hand was a syringe. The tip of it reached the very skin of Zelo's arm but Zelo had enough strength to fight him off.
 
Yongguk rushed to the stairs as quick as he could, but he was pulled back by another man who was lying in wait at the doorway to attack them. The man also stuck out a syringe which had lethal contents. Before it was aimed for Yongguk's arm, Yongguk managed to grab the syringe and slash it across the man's face, hearing him scream in pain. He did not stop however, as he ran back to stamp on Yongguk's stomach whilst he was still on the floor, resulting in him groaning in pain. Whilst trying to grab his legs, Yongguk retaliated and kicked the man in the face with all the strength he had left, making the masked man collapse eventually.
 
Zelo who was still upstairs counteracted by grabbing the man's arm that was trying to choke him, and twisted it, before punching him in the face. He pushed him fiercely over the balcony, making him fall directly on top of the van down below.
 
The younger boy ran down the stairs to save his leader, who still on the floor from recovering. He pulled Yongguk to sit up, as it was too painful for him to get up at once. The man who Yongguk had fought with was slowly regaining consciousness to get up, so Zelo grabbed a baseball bat near him to prepare to knock him out but in the process of throwing a swing,  he felt a sharp stab in his back.
 
He dropped the baseball bat that he had been holding onto so tightly, and turned around slowly, feeling his body failing on him. In the man's hand, was an empty syringe. A smile could be seen, even behind the balaclava mask. Zelo felt it. He felt his breathing becoming slower and his muscles relaxing. He absolutely hated this feeling. His legs soon stopped working on him and he eventually collapsed in a drowsy state. The room was spinning, and he could barely hear anything properly.
 
Yongguk, who had been clutching onto his stomach on the floor with a bloody lip quickly came over to Zelo. "Zelo... Zelo! Zelo!" he took the young one in his hands, hoping that he would be okay. He looked at the man who was responsible threateningly. "You bastard.. I will ing ki-" but before he could say anything else, a sharp blow was hit to his head by the leg of the man who they had both thought was knocked out unconscious by Yongguk.
 
He wasn't really unconscious. Apart from being hit with a syringe to the face, he wasn't really heavily hurt. He was just lying in wait for the right moment to attack and defeat them. They had fallen into their trap.
 
The man took off his balaclava mask, and even though he had been wearing it, the needle cut ran right through the fabric, and into his cheek. He kicked the unconscious Yongguk even harder, as he was responsible.
 
Zelo could just about make the face of this man as he took off his mask. Yongguk had left him a permanent scar from cutting the syringe needle deep into his face. The mysterious man looked right into Zelo's eyes. Zelo tried to open his mouth to speak. But all that came out was, "You..." before he passed out.
 
The man smiled sinisterly. "Get them in the van. He'll be back soon." he told his accomplice. "And destroy their phones."
 
They knew exactly what Youngjae's plans were.
 
Just why can’t I do anything?

 


Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnn~ I'm not good at describing fighting/action scenarios, forgive me! Sorry to ruin such a joyful season with something so brutal my lovely readers! T^T Hope you guys are still interested with the plot! :D

Yongguk will be back, don't worry. (...Maybe.)

//slaps Yongguk. Don't do that again please, my heart shook when you did that ;~;