Broken.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)

For the whole week, Jongup kept distant from his family. He didn't join them to eat and he would stay in his room to phone Zelo on how everyone was doing back in Seoul. It kind of irritated him that he lived almost 3 hours away from them. He felt miles away from them because his family lived peacefully outside of the city. But it didn’t feel peaceful anymore. It felt unsafe and spine-chillingly creepy at night times, even though there was a patrol car on look out for them.
 
It was the late afternoon when Minyoung had called Jongup down for dinner. He came downstairs to find them setting the dinner table and once again he just didn't feel like he was in the mood to eat.
 
"I'm not hungry." he explained, feeling a little guilty.
 
"Jongup, you've barely eaten anything today." his mother told him worryingly.
 
"I made myself something to eat earlier on since I'm planning to pack and leave to go back tonight."
 
What Jongup had said made Miyoung feel slightly cross. Here she was, trying to look after her two children, and one wasn't even going to put up the effort.
 
"What's wrong with you Jongup? Why are you avoiding us so much?" she asked quite bluntly without meaning to.
 
"I'm no-"
 
"Then why are you refusing to eat with us?" she didn't give Jongup a chance to speak. "When we talk to you, you just give us lazy answers and simple responses. And all you do or look forward to is talking to the boys. Have we done something wrong for you to act so bitter?"
 
Jongup's heart sunk as he scoffed, tears stinging his eyes. "You're the bitter ones. Scowling at me, when Haru went missing." Jongup pointed at his sister, who sat quietly at the dinner table. His breathing became heavier and his voice was getting heavier. "When Haru came back, I never got a 'Sorry for shouting at you, it wasn't your fault' or 'Jongup I know it was hard that you had to go through all that again but we're here for you this time' - nothing. Everything is fine when Haru is okay. But not me. I'm just a bastard that you made by accident." he spat out harshly.
 
"Jongup! Don’t use such language in front of Haru!" Minki stood, also becoming angry at Jongup's stubbornness.
 
"Why don't you ask Haru? She's the one who called me an 'accident' in the first place." the two parents who had stood together immediately turned to the silent 14 year old girl. “Are you proud parents now? Are you proud? That your precious daughter called your first born a mistake? Perhaps now you realise why I need to go back to the boys. They understand my background more than you do. They understand how I felt when I was tossed away by my own ing family!" Jongup screamed at them with a heavy heart. Tears spilling out, he ran up the stairs and slammed the door shut. He look at the objects on his drawer – pictures of his family and things that they had given to him. With a huff, he threw it all onto the floor and barricaded the door shut with it. He sat against the drawer that was blocking the door and sobbed quietly into his arms.
 
Downstairs, everyone was left in a shock. "Haru..." the young girl looked up at her mother with a guilty look. "Is what Jongup said, true? That you called him an accident?"
 
"I... A-At the time I really didn't mean to. I was just angr-"
 
"Why?" she cut in harshly. When her daughter tried to speak, Miyoung interrupted her again, "Just stop and think, Lee Haru. Who gave you your name? Who sacrifices his time from the people he grew up with, just to be with us? Who accepted the fact that we abandoned him when we should have protected him? Do you think what you’ve said makes you feel any better about this?" she crossed her arms, feeling furious.
 
Haru said nothing and left the dinner table to run to her room in tears.

"Maybe we should talk to them separately." Minki suggested, trying to help her calm down.
 
"I guess you're right." Miyoung sighed, taking a seat and placing her hand heavily on her forehead to lean on.
 
"Let's give them an hour to themselves." Minki added, only able to hear tears and sobs coming from upstairs.
 


 
It was a little while later when Miyoung had softly knocked on the door, after a slight hesitation. "Jongup?"
 
No reply.
 
"Jongup, can you please let me in?" she asked. It was quiet for a while, before she heard the door unlock. When she tried to open the door, she saw that she couldn't, because his drawer was blocking the way. On the floor was his things, scattered everywhere. His pictures, gadgets, accessories, everything. Miyoung could just about manage to squeeze herself in, and as soon as she was able to, she witnessed her son curled up into a ball with his face hidden in his arms.
 
She felt tears threaten her eyes, as she kneeled down to hug her son. "I'm sorry for shouting at you." she told him, not letting go.
 
Jongup was a tough rock. It would take more than just a mere injury to get him crying. "I didn't choose to be like this. We didn't want to be like one of them." Jongup voice broke as he talked about Daewoon and what he became. "I just fell into that. Yongguk hyung said he'd look after me. And he has. He's made me into a good person."
 
"I know, I know Jongup." she hugged her boy tighter.
 
"And I know I was your unplanned child and I make mistakes but I'm-"
 
"You're not my unplanned child Jongup. You're not." she wiped the remains of her tears before carrying on.
 
Jongup looked up to see that he caused his mother to cry and even though she was ageing, she still looked pretty when crying.
 
"Your Dad and I had a really hard time when we had you. And you know that it wasn't your fault. You were the only reason why we were so happy for a brief moment in our time when my parents were harsh on us. Jongup, there are a lot of things I'm sorry to you for. I'm sorry you never had a good childhood first of all, one with parents who could show you their love endlessly. I'm sorry that you could not have grandparents, who could spoil you lovingly and do the things we as your parents can't do. I'm sorry that you never knew what school would be like and I'm sorry you don't have as many friends you would have had if we kept you. I'm sorry for a lot of things that I can't give to you, that I never can."

 
Jongup's heart warmed a little. He didn't know what to say, and only buried himself further into his mother's arms. He was quiet for a long time and surprised her with his quiet response, "At least you found me. And at least my parents are still alive."
 
It made his mother cry even more. But not tears of sadness. Instead, tears of happiness that Jongup understood why she did what she had to do.
 
"Mom... I would still like to go back by tonight. I promised them I would be back to see them."
 
His mother smiled, seeing that Jongup had looked up at her. "Okay. As long as you're feeling better now?"
 
Jongup nodded, a small smile forming on his lips. "I'll be okay Mom. I’ll be okay."
 

Haru continued to sob endlessly in her room.
 
She didn't mean it.
 
She really, really didn't mean it.
 
But now, she felt so guilty. As if everything was her fault; she was the reason why all this happened in the first place.
 
The only thing she wanted to do now, was to genuinely and sincerely apologise to Jongup. But even doing that felt impossible, because Jongup hated her. The thought of her brother angry at her made her throw her head into her hands and sob even harder.
 
A knock came from the door and Haru could just about hear it.
 
"Haru? It's me, could you let me in?" Minki was at the door.
 
She couldn't even respond because the words were stuck at . She tried to speak, but nothing came out.
 
"I'm coming in, okay?" Minki asked, before slowly opening the door. Once he was in, he saw the covers pulled over Haru completely. He didn't ask her to do anything however, because he knew that she felt guilty and he understood that she was feeling a mixture of conflicting emotions, just like Jongup was. "We can talk, if you like." he gently offered.
 
There was a matter of silence and Minki didn't mind. He knew that whenever his daughter would be upset about something, she would take a long time to recollect her thoughts and then afterwards, she would ask questions that she wasn't sure about. And it wasn't any different in this situation.
 
"Will Jongup oppa hate me forever?" she mumbled through the sheets.
 
Minki chuckled quietly. "Of course not Haru ah. But I do know that he is really hurting right now. There's a lot going on around him, and things have been pretty hectic ever since all this has happened. Jongup will want some time for himself and as his sister, you should understand that. Jongup's been through a rough time just as much as you have, and as both of your parents, we’ve failed to understand this because we were so worried about you."
 
Haru heard all of this and slowly pulled off the covers. "Will Jongup oppa be like this forever?"
 
Minki smiled at her daughter, and caressed her hair. "I really hope not. But I believe that he will recover from this, in due time. As his family, it would be best to wait and understand his needs right now."
 
Haru nodded. "I guess sorry isn't good enough anymore. I've got to do something more than that."
 
"As I said, in due time. Jongup needs time for himself to just do what feels he must do. Anyway," her father decided to change the subject. "I brought you something." he pointed to a personal favourite of Haru's on her desk.
 
Haru couldn't help but smile. "Thanks Dad." she hugged him.
 
Chocolate cake.
 
Even when I cry and cry and throw a tantrum, saying that this isn’t it
You, quite cruelly, say nothing.
 

 
Well hi there. XD It's definitely been a long time since I've updated! How has everyone been? ^-^ I haven't updated in about 3 months, which I will be the first to say - is absolutely terrible. Obviously I was updating whilst I was volunteering and then... I just stopped for some reason. Coming back, I had school and summer programmes to attend to, but I really am sorry for not making progress with this fanfic when there should not be excuses because it's currently the summer holidays for me and I clearly know how to write the ending for this. Honestly guys. If I'm not updating regularly, spam XD It'll help me actually focus on getting this done~! Let me know if you're still interested in this by commenting down below! ;) Once again, I apologise for being so late in coming back!
 
Btw! I've found out recently - Youngjae's brother's name is actually Youngwon. And all this time I've been calling him Youngjun becuase I didn't know what his name was! *brb whilst I run into a wall T_____T* Youngwon is honestly just as cute as Youngjae, I tell you now! ;~;