Nogalstic.

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
Zelo simply blinked at him. "She's fine."
 
"...That's it?" Jongup expected more.
 
"Well, Haru apologised that she didn't tell her parents that she was sleeping over at Esmé's but apart from that... She's fine."
 
Jongup rubbed his eyes and sighed in relief.
 
"Why? Did you think Esmé was some kind of weird Ahjusshi?" Zelo raised an eyebrow at him.
 
Jongup pushed him playfully. "Let's just hurry and get downstairs before we're thrown down the stairs by Himchan hyung."

 
"Sure. By the way, can we play Basketball today?"
 
Jongup sighed, "I have to go to work today. Sorry Zelo ah."
 
"Oh. That's okay. We can find another time I guess."
 

"Jongup hyung's been acting weird lately."
 
"In what way?" the leader wanted Zelo to elaborate his deep worry for Jongup. It had been almost 2 weeks since the older man came back to join them.
 
"Every time I ask him if he wants to play basketball or watch a movie together, he uses the excuse that he has work or that he's too tired."
 
"Seems like he's trying to avoid something."
 
"...Maybe he's trying to avoid us?" it hurt the maknae to suggest something like that, but sadly, it was possible.
 
"It might not, don't jump to conclusions. What was he like, when he came back? Was he angry? Upset with something?"
 
Of course. The rest of the members still didn't know that Jongup was upset over what Haru said. Zelo promised Jongup that he wouldn't say anything. But the guilt was killing him.
 
"Zelo?" Yongguk called out once again. He knew something was up from then.
 

"Hi, my name is Moon Jongup. How can I help you?" he introduced himself to a middle-aged woman. She greeted him back delightfully.
 
"I have two sons. They both have a massive range of age difference - almost 20 years. They don't get along. And when I mean not getting along, I mean fist-fighting and breaking things in the house. They can't be in the same room together. If one strikes a conversation, the other will start an argument which then gets physical afterwards."
 
Jongup was taking notes and had to bite his tongue. The vast age difference. Not getting along. It all reminded him of Haru. He wasn't alone after all.
 
"...And I'm just wondering if you could give me advice or counselling for them. I worry about them so much, but I don't know what to do about it."
 
"Well, I can put your two sons into an appointment with a therapist who can get them to talk things out by putting them into two separate empty rooms with padded walls where they are still able to communicate. This is also so they are refrained to use violence in any way. Science shows that when human beings are isolated together, they eventually get bored and start talking to each other in order to keep sane really. How does that sound?" Jongup offered.
 
She looked uncomfortable, "It sounds a bit extreme if you ask me..."  
 
Jongup only chuckled lightly. "If you would like a gentler method - I suggest try and find out why they don't get along. Find a hobby or interest that they both share - video games, a school subject , a sport or a career they wish to pursue. Don't ask them to talk things out because they will hide their inner feelings and thoughts - expressing how they feel will make them uncomfortable towards each other. It's proven that when you find something that two people have in common, it's more likely that they'll get along in time." Jongup smiled at her.
 
She nodded. "I'll let you know how it goes. You give such good advice. Your parents must be so proud of you Jongup."
 
Jongup genuine smile had become forced, and he had to bite his tongue from the reminder that he had just recently fallen out with his entire family. She rose from her seat and greeted him goodbye, as he greeted the same.
 

Walking home, it gave him time to think about his family and how he should fix his relationship with them. The woman's words of him being able to give good advice rang in his head again, and he just wished that he could give himself good advice. But of course, it usually doesn't work for anyone to give themselves advice that they could follow.
 
"Jongup!" the leader called. "We're going to shoot some hoops. Come with us."
 
The man only stuttered unknowingly. "Um, I have some work to do. And Himchan hyung isn't here."
 
"He's going to catch up with us later, now come on." Yongguk locked his arm around Jongup's and practically dragged him with the guys into the basketball court.
 
Jongup gave Zelo a 'did-you-tell-them?' look. But Zelo shook his head abruptly.
 
"Tell you what." Yongguk suddenly grabbed Jongup's attention as they entered the court. "Let's split into two groups. If my group wins, you tell us what's wrong. If your group loses, you tell us what's wrong."
 
Jongup had to take a moment to actually understand what Yongguk was trying to do. Either way, Yongguk was going to win this challenge. It was a win-win situation for Yongguk. But he broke a little smile at what he was trying to do.
 
"Zelo, you're with me. Jongup, you're with Daehyun and Youngjae. Let's play!" Yongguk threw the ball up in the air to start the game, energising the group to get into the mood of playing. They all needed a little break to cool off some stress.
 
All that could be heard from the court was the squeaking of their shoes sliding across the floor to grab the springing ball. Laughter could be heard everywhere, as the ball would hit the backboard, and dance around the rim, before either missing or landing into the net. Shouts of victory and frustration could be heard. Someone would blame the other for losing, someone else would praise the other for winning.
 
"Himchan ah, you took your time!" Yongguk threw the ball directly at his chest, where his hands were ready to catch the ball.
 
"I was held up at work."
 
"I'm hurt you chose work over me." Yongguk replied with a grin.
 
"I'm hurt you even decided to start without me you punk. Who's winning?" he had grabbed the ball and bounced it against the floor.
 
"We are." Daehyun grinned, putting both his dongsaengs in a headlock, feeling victorious.
 
"Not for long." Himchan smiled, and after slamming the ball against the floor once more, jumped and aimed for the net, falling in successfully.
 
Not long after, what should have been called a basketball match became a wrestling match. Yongguk had locked his legs and arms around Jongup to prevent him from moving, Daehyun was preventing Zelo from scoring with his advantageous height and Youngjae and Himchan were battling it out for the ball.
 
Eventually, they had stopped playing because they were tired, and made their way home.
 
It was the first time Jongup felt refreshed and light in a while.
 

"Feel a bit better now?" Yongguk asked Jongup, who was across the room when they were back in their den.
 
Jongup looked at the others who were also waiting for an answer. He nodded slowly. "Thanks guys." He realised that he wasn't alone. He explained to them how he felt hurt with what Haru said, and how no one realised it. No one could understand because they weren't Jongup. They hadn't lived through his eyes, what he felt and did everyday and how that affected him. They wouldn't understand what he went through with his parents and Haru to understand how serious this argument was. They could only be there to listen, but they couldn't fix things. When Haru called him an accident, it made him think - maybe he was. Maybe all these memories he had with them was just fiction and that Zelo should have never found him that day in the basketball court. Maybe Zelo should have just walked away and left him there, as a poor orphan. Because he had to face it - he was cast aside into a world where his own mother and father didn't even bother looking for him - they assumed he would be safe with the doctors and nurses they left him with. No one could help him because they were so busy needing to take care of themselves. And Jongup understood that! He just felt a little nogalstic. He missed all those times where they were all together and spent every single minute of the day with each other. He was grateful for his family of course, but he felt burdened to have to split himself into two because they were practically his family too.
 
"Sorry we can't help you fix things with your family Jongup ah..." Yongguk looked apologetic. His own dongsaeng was suffering and he couldn't see it.
 
"It's not your fault. We're all really busy with things now I guess." Jongup smiled, remembering that the basketball game had really reminded themselves of the past again - the youthful and troublesome past where ironically everything just seemed perfect.
 
"Jongup! Bad news. Haru's gone missing again." Youngjae sprung through the doorway, with panic.
 
"What...? She's probably just gone out aga-"
 
"No! Someone called your mom's cellphone earlier claiming that he has Haru!"
 
"You mean she's...!" Jongup's heart dropped suddenly and painfully.
 
"...I don't wanna say it any more than you do... But Haru's been kidnapped."
 
What can I do, what can I do?