Who's Gone?

Coma. (Threequel to One Shot and Betrayal.)
"I'm going to pack you some clothes and things while you're at the hospital. Do you need anything in particular?" Minyoung asked Haru.
 
Haru shook her head slowly. "Just don't leave me alone in here..." Haru told her, voice slightly above a whisper. She was becoming afraid of strangers, which was very unusual.
 
"We won't. Jongup is going to stay here with you whilst your Dad and I go home and get you some things that you need, since you'll be staying here just for a few nights."
 
She nodded, not really wanting to stay here at all. "Jongup, stay with Haru and see to her if she needs anything okay? We'll drop by later."
 
"Okay." he responded, before quietly taking a seat next to her.
 
Haru saw that he seemed reluctant to stay with her, however. But he didn't have any choice. As soon as their parents left, it became awkward and uncomfortable. Jongup refused to give her any eye contact or any more words of comfort, because he still remembered.

He still remembered what Haru called him.
 
Accident.
 
His parents got mad at him, fought because of him and were in immense distress when Haru went missing. But now that Haru was okay, Jongup felt as if they had forgotten it all. His parents had forgotten the arguments they had with him, all the blaming and the shouting. It made Jongup furious. It was almost as if, if Haru was safe, then nothing else mattered. His feelings didn't matter and he certainly didn't matter.
 
"Are you still mad at me?" she asked, almost as if she knew.
 
Jongup opened his mouth to speak but stopped in hesitation. It was true he wanted to tell her everything - how he was angry, hurt, disappointed - everything. But Haru was only 14 and she was going through deep psychological trauma. He thought it was best to just keep his mouth shut in the meantime. Jongup stubbornly shook his head. "How are you doing?" he asked instead, still refusing to look at her in the eyes.
 
She shrugged. "I'm... Kinda in a blur right now."
 
Jongup understood. She felt numb and shaken from the experience. It reminded Jongup of the time he encountered his first fight with the boys. He really missed those days. Yes, they were reckless and occasionally meant crossing the line, but back then they were so free. They didn't have to worry about a thing because they were truly young and wild.

 "That's okay." Jongup responded eventually. "When they took you..." he started to ask. "Did they do anything to you?" he finally looked at Haru. As her brother, he really did care, no matter how angry he may be. Jongup only noticed now how vulnerable she looked.
 
"They said... They said that they were going to look for you and they-" she tried to explain but couldn't, after feeling tightening. "They said they were going to kill yo-"
 
"It's okay Haru, you don't have to tell me everything if you can't." he panicked a little, realising that he had stressed her out more by asking her to recall what happened in the span of two weeks she went missing.
 
"Jongup?" Hana peeked in from behind the curtain. "Everything okay here?"
 
"We're just talking. About everything. What's up?"
 
"Well..." she came in, with a slightly creased photo in her hands. " Esmé wanted me to give you this." she handed the photo to Haru.
 
She took it thankfully and held it.
 
"Jongup can I talk to you outside for a second?"
 
Jongup nodded, heading out and leaving Haru very briefly.
 
"Esmé came down to the station the day we came to get you." Hana said quietly enough so that Haru couldn't hear. "She tried to postpone her return to America in case you returned in time. But we were a bit too late and her parents said that she had to leave immediately. She wanted to say she was sorry for calling you... That. And she's sorry for not apologising earlier."
 
"That's okay." he responded briefly.
 
"How are you with things?" she asked. She knew that there was something wrong about Jongup - he wasn't himself.
 
But how could he be himself?
 
He shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, look at us noona. We're in pieces. We can't even go and visit Himchan hyung and Zelo because they're throwing up so they can get rid of all the drugs we were injected with because their body couldn't handle it. It's sick to think about it. Yongguk and Youngjae aren't waking up, and Daehyun can't seem to get a hold of himself. I can't seem to stay strong for the group either. What if we're never the same? What if things change? This is what I keep asking myself. I don't know what the future will bring us, but I'm scared of it." he bit his lip harshly. Looking away regretably, he rubbed a few of his tears away.
 
It hurt her to see him like this. Hana could do nothing but offer him a hug. "I'm so sorry Jongup. I'm sorry we were late."
 
He sighed. "It's not your fault. I guess we can't blame anyone here."
 
"But now is the time to look out for each other. Brush aside everything that has happened in the past and only focus on getting better and helping everyone cope with this."
 
Jongup took note of her words and realised that he must support Haru, despite feeling upset over everything. But it was more easier said than done.
 
"I'll try. But what's going to happen with you guys? Now that Youngjae is..." he couldn't finish his sentence.
 
He saw that Hana's eyes were wet. She had been crying for sure. He was scared that she would break down in front of him. He wouldn't know what to do.
 
"Commissioner is putting our group on hold until he can make a decision. Don't worry about us Jongup." she painfully smiled. "Be there for Haru if she needs something." she finished the conversation with a goodbye and that she was there if he needed any help.
 
Hana proceeded to take heavy steps down the corridor and to the right, approaching Youngjun's room.
 
How was she going to tell him that Youngjae was in a coma? What was he going to say? She had no idea how he would react to it.
 
She reached for the door and hesitated for a second whether she should open it or not.
 
She had to. For if she didn't, he would have no idea that his only brother was fighting for his life and so went in.
 
The dim light beside his bed showed that Youngjun was sleeping. She slowly walked over to a chair, quietly placing it beside his bed. Sitting down in the chair and pulling her knees closely to her chest, she watched him sleep peacefully, contemplating whether if it was the right time to tell him. What if she told him too early, and it inhibited him from recovering? Or if she told him too late, he might never speak to anyone again.
 
Youngjun opened his eyes and smiled seeing her. "Hi." he greeted. He took note that she had practically curled herself up into a ball and her eyes seemed swollen.
 
"Hi..." she responded eventually.
 
"Everything okay?" but he knew it wasn't.
 
She only buried her head deeper into her knees. He knew that the answer was no.
 
"Tell me who's gone..." he said slowly.
 
"He's not gone but... Youngjae's in a coma." she found herself crying again, although she really didn't want to. She was trying to stay strong for everyone, but she just couldn't.
 

 
"Take me to him." Youngjun pulled the covers off of him and sat up. His upper half was bare , but there were bandages and plasters cleanly wrapped around his body from where the bullet wound was.
 
"Youngjun, I know you want to see how he is but your shoulder..."
 
"It's okay, I'll manage." he told her, but as soon as he stood up, his shoulder gave off a sharp pain. "Ack!-" he clenched his teeth, feeling the muscles in his body being stretched and pulled past its limits.
 
She caught him just before he fell. They managed to exchange eye contact. He looked so frail. And she looked so vulnerable.
 
"Be careful..." she quietly told him, before taking his jacket that was hung up at the side and wrapped it around him.
 
He looked at her thankfully, after she had held his arms to support him and led on to see Youngjae.
 
When they finally arrived around the corner and into Youngjae's room, Youngjun's face expression changed completely. It darkened to an extent that no one had ever seen.
 
He looked sorry, guilty and heartbroken.
 
"What do we do?" Daehyun asked, not even looking up at the two. "Youngjae's not waking up."

You not being here not being by my side,
My heart stops it’s the same as being dead.


#800DaysWithBAP! It seriously doesn't feel like 800 days~! (I feel so bad writing all these angsty stuff when celebrating XD)

Now let's get to 1600 days! ^_^