Apology accepted or not accepted?

Addicted to his kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter
The chimes danced gently to the rhythm of the gentle breeze creating music as it did. It calmed the nerves of a certain blonde girl. She sipped the liquid from the white made in china clay bowl and gulped down the yellow liquid down . Soon the effect spread throughout her body making her feel fresh and calm.

The tea shop was practically empty with exception of Hyoyeon and the owner. The shop probably didn’t give him any profit considering the fact that only very few people came to the shop. She wondered why the elderly man is taking so much effort in keeping this shop open. She was not complaining. She never will. Hyoyeon was glad that she found that place.  A place that was peaceful and helped her forget all the worries.  But her wallet was certainly not so happy. The tea was too expensive for a student like her who gets pocket money from her parents.

Hyoyeon tip-toed at the cash counter and handed the crisp notes from her weeping wallet. ‘Ahjussi.’ She called. Her voice, a little shaky.

The tall man peered at her through his glasses.

“Ahjussi, don’t you have anyone here to help you with all the work?”

“No. There isn’t much job for two.” His voice was very deep and rough that the young girl found it slightly intimidating.

She nodded. “I was thinking may be if you needed help, I could apply for a part time job here.”

“Why would you want to do a part time at a place like this young lady?”

Hyoyeon hesitated a bit before replying.  “I find this place very peaceful. May be because not many people come here.”

As soon as the words exited her lips, she regretted saying it. Who would tell the owner that his shop doesn’t have that many customers! She must have pissed him off big time.

To her surprise, the old man smiled at her reply. “I wouldn’t mind if you want to work here but I can’t offer you a good pay.”

Shocked at his reaction, Hyoyeon didn’t react immediately. Shaking her head, she replied. “That..that is fine. I will be happy if I get to drink a cup of tea from here every day.”

“Sure. You can come after your school and work till 7 pm on weekdays and from 10 am to 6 pm on Saturdays. Sunday is a holiday. You will get to drink as much as and whenever you want. Besides that, you will get 15000 won every week.” Hyoyeon nodded along as he explained. “That will be great ahjussi. I will start working from Monday.”

After a small chitchat, Hyoyeon left for her home after biding bye. She felt more comfortable after chatting with him. Even though his voice and looks were intimidating, she could feel his warm personality hidden beneath the cold exterior.

As she crept into her thick white blanket, she remembered the day’s events.

Avoiding Kai and Kris.

Hyoyeon remembered how she thought she saw a hurt expression in Kris’s eyes when she turned away from him.

Hurt? Kris? No Way!

Suddenly she thought about what Tao told her earlier that day.

‘His actions speak his true feelings.’

Does that mean he was hurt when I avoided him? Hyoyeon groaned lightly into the sheets. I’m being delusional!

She wasn’t sure whether she hurt Kris, but there was no doubt that she has hurt Kai. Kai cares about her too much that he gets hurt when she avoids him for even a second. Last night, he had called her phone a couple of times and she ignored them.

Worried, Hyoyeon took her phone expecting to see missed call notifications from Kai. She swiped the screen to find that there was no notification from Kai. She had received some messages from her friends and a missed call from Yuri’s number and nothing more.

  He doesn’t care? She sadly glanced at her phone.

The next day, the last school day of the week, Hyoyeon woke up early to leave before Kai arrives to pick her up.

Yes, she was going to continue avoiding the two.

At least for now.

Grabbing on to the straps of her backpack, she got out of her home. As she stepped out, she noticed a pink colored envelope lying on the pavement right in front of the gate. A small cream colored pebble was on top of it, serving the purpose of a paperweight.

Hyoyeon bent down and took the envelope and the pebble in her hands.

On the envelope, it was written ‘To Hyoyeon’. She looked around to find that the neighborhood was empty. She carefully opened it and pulled out a white paper that said

‘I love you.’

It was written in big red block letters. All the writings were printed. Confused, she placed it in her bag and continued walking.

 As she took a sharp right turn, Hyoyeon noticed some words written on the footpath, which was made of grey tiles, with white paint in cursive letters.

‘Because you are’ She read it in her mind. Was it meant for me? After taking one quick glance around her, she continued walking.  Probably not.

Only a couple of steps she took until she noticed another writing on the pavement. Same color. Same style.

It read ‘cute’

‘I love you because you are cute?’ She murmured to herself. May be it IS meant for me.

Another five steps and she saw the word ‘adorable’ on the footpath.

She continued walking and saw more words written in similar fashion. After a while, she was following the words and forgot that she was on her way to school. Either way, the writings took her to her original destination.

She started reading the words out loud as she walked

‘I love you because you are…

cute

adorable

funny

amiable

loving

caring

beautiful

a choding

a trouble maker..  She pouted for a second at the trouble maker part and then continued walking.

stubborn

a stupid midget..’   ‘Yah! Is this guy trying to pick a fight with me!’ She puffed out some air.

By that time, she had reached the school gates. When she was about to enter the gates, a small boy came up to her.  ‘Hyoyeon noona.’

 The girl kneeled in front of the five year old boy. ‘Yes?’ She smiled.

The boy revealed his right hand that was holding a beautiful yellow rose. ‘Hyung told me to tell you that he loves you a lot.’ He said in a

Please log in to read the full chapter