Exothermic

Living Paradise

 

Walking down the hall with Shin at my side. He doesn't day much which is just fine by me. Some people greet me in the halls, others stare and I ignore it which is on the rare side.

 

We both enter into the science room. At the door he touches my elbow lightly and gives me a weak smile. He leaves me to sit at his lab table with a girl who's name slips my mind. As I look around the chatter doesn't end but turns into annoying whispers.

 

I walk across the room and go sit down at my lab table. Tae Su is already there. She doesn't day anything when I sit down nor do I. A couple of students trickle in just as the bell rings. Mrs. Kim shuts the door and begins her instructions.

 

“Yesterday we didn't finish lab partners assignment so I asked Shin to pull the last names. Woo Ji and Hara will be together. Do Ri and Sungbae will be together.” she announces. Her soft black eyes land on my briefly. Then she looks away.

 

“Today we will be writing out lab write ups. Each of the partners will be given a topic and will read about it in your chemistry textbooks and write the procedures on it.” she rubs her hands together. “But first you have to get this consent form signed so you can actually get the to do the experiment. And you must read the Lab Safety Practice sheet once again.” she says. Everyone groans. I don;t get this it's a every year thing.

 

A girl in a black dress starts passing out the consent form, a girl with fading purple hair passes out the Lab Safety sheet and Woo Ji passes out the topics.

 

When we are handed our topic. I read it first and then I pass it to Tae Su without looking at her. Once everything is passed out Mrs. Kim directs us.

 

“You will have 30 minutes in the library to start your lab write up. 30 minutes to finish it or work on it this weekend because we are doing the experiments this weekend.” Mrs. Kim says reminding that we have to get it done.

 

I stand up immediately not wasting a second and walk out the door with everyone.

 

Once we enter into the cool library I take a seat where the computer isn't with the rest. To avoid sitting to close to Tae Su. Moments later she walks in slow as a turtle and sit down by my side.

 

“Unnie” she says. I look to her. She seems nervous but determined. “Yes” I reply. I look away to open a browser. “Do you anything about exothermic?” she says almost worried. I roll my eyes at her.

 

“Science isn't my specialty but I can do write but I can write ups and then it's up to you” I say telling her the deal. She nods her head repeatedly.

 

When the browser opens I search for “Exothermic Chemical Reaction” I click on website and cross reference it to the textbook Tae Su brought, All through this she remains silent just watching me, dumbfound probably.

 

I even watch a short demonstration on the experiment. I am almost done when the damn bell rings. I log out and get my notes. Just as I reach the door Tae Su catches up with me.

 

“Unnie what are we going to do about finishing it” she says glancing at the clock. Oh yeah she can't be possible late. I slightly laugh at the “We”

 

“I'll text you where we'll met up” I tell her and walk away to my next class.


A/N

hey i'm back. i wrote this like a week ago but i didn't get the chane to post it so here you go. thank you for being understnding and if not there is not much to be said.