New Year's Kiss

Living Paradise

“Come on you'll have fun” Yoseob tells me as we enter the club.

 

“It's almost 2016, this year will be much better” Hee Young reassure me.

I sigh last time I went to a club I met a certain ice princess.

 

Music floods my ears as we approach the bar. Doojoon orders for me. The guys forced convinced me to come out for the last night of 2015. Doojoon hands me a rink and I look down at it. Not wanting to intoxicate myself.

 

“Loosen up teacher” Kikwang tell ms. I look out into the crowd, everyone is having a good time. I check my watch, it reads 11:07. I smile at Hee Young and gulp down my drink.

 

“Lets dance Hyunseung” Hee Young invites me. I feel a bit more relaxed after the first shot. The DJ is playing a western song by Rihanna. The vibe is really good. It reminds me of before I became a teacher. Hee Young and I have been seeing each other a while but we still dance a bit apart. Doojoon comes out of nowhere and hands me another drink. This time I take it without hesitation. My friends must be really worried about me, they must think I'm extremely stressed at my new school.

 

After a while we get tired and go through the swaying crowd of New Year's Eve goers. Kikwang is friends with one of the DJs and got us V.I.P seating. More drinks are served when we get reach the V.I.P area. I being to feel hot after a couple of drinks, I check my watch 11:33.

“When are you two getting married?” Yoseob askes, his words a bit slurred.

 

Hee Young and I look at each, and laugh.

 

“We've barely getting to know each other” Hee Young replies.

 

“You know what they say about a New Year's kiss” Yoseob pauses looking at the both of us.

 

“You two really don't know” Yoseob looks all to amused at our faces.

 

“Who ever you kiss at midnight will be your love for eternality” Yoseob switches to a serious demeanor.

 

“I've never heard that” I tell Yoseob.

 

“Me neither” Hee Young agrees.

 

We look at each briefly. I do really like Hee Young but I don't know if sealing the deal with a kiss is that important. I brush of Yoseob's idea, must be western thing.

 

“I'm going to the restroom, excuse me” Hee Young informs us.

 

She leaves me sitting, absorbing the music, and full of thought. I check my watch 11:49. Wow it's almost time. I rarely celebrate New Year's and look at me I end up in a club full of lively people and I'm half dead inside.

 

I am 25 and don't know what to do with my life. Marry a girl that I do like, through an arranged marriage because when it comes to it, this is an arranged marriage. It is frustrating to think I am 26 and have no say in who I marry.

 

There's nothing wrong with Hee Young, it's me. I take another shot and sigh. I don't know what to do.

 

“You okay hyung?” Yoseob asks me. I look over to him.

“Yeah I'm cool” I tell him completely lying.

 

“Well it's 2 minutes till and we got to get champagne.” he tell me.

 

We get up. As we make our way through the swarm of people I look around for Hee Young. I don't see her anywhere.

 

“I told her to met us by the mini replicate ball like the one in New York” Yoseob sort of scream above the music.

 

I start to hear people counting down above the medium volume music. In the crowd of people I start to panic. Life's limits make me anxious. 30 seconds. I stand in the middle of the crowd, people are bumping into me, trying to get somewhere else.

 

15 seconds. I am getting hot and sweating. The crowd sways all around me. Making me dizzy. 5 seconds and my heart is pounding. This reminds me why I don't like New Year's Eve parties.

 

FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONNNNEEE

 

Someone's fiery lips are on mine. Moving so intensely, begging for invitation. I follow her pace and bring her closer to me. As our pace matches each other, my heartbeat beings to steady.

 

My whole body is relaxing and cans sense a familiar sense of comfort. I know who I am kissing and in that moment I don't care that it's her. Our bodies rock together and we brake apart to breathe, and her icy eyes meet mine. But there is something foreign in them, a coolness I've never seen before. We don't say nothing as we search each other's, neither when she walks away. For once in our escaping relationship I don't feel guilty towards my actions in response to Kim Hyuna. I finally understand the nature of our relationship.


It has been a while since 2016 has began, but happy new year's!!! Did anyone recieve a new year's kiss?