The Mirror

Living Paradise

I take a long look into the mirror. A girl that looks like me peers back at me. I know that she is me but what I am wearing is something that I haven't styled since I was in secondary school. Where we wore uniforms but even then I always managed to modify the my look. I smile briefly at myself. This modest look suits me very well. I even straightened my hair to look more natural, than my usual bouncy hair.

 

I step away from the mirror, contemplating changing my pumps but I change my mind again and stick with them. I slowly walk now the stairs, taking my time. Ready to face the situation that is at hand and the day before me.

 

At the bottoms of the stairs is Subin.

 

“Hyuna-ah!” Subin exclaims, rushing over to hug me.

 

“I've missed you so much” she pauses, taking a step back to really look at me.

 

“You look so different but pretty as usual” she says without pause. I smile.

 

“Thank you Subin, you're much prettier than I am. I bet all the boys chase you” I say winking.

 

“I'm to busy studying” she tells me loudly. She hugs me once again.

 

“But there is this one guy in my study group” she whispers in our hug.

 

We separate and umma approaches me.

 

“Well Hyuna-ah, you certainly look like a lady now and I am glad you invited us today I might add” my umma says very politely.

 

“Your father will be joining us later” she adds.

 

We look at each other a moment and that's when I notice only Misun's parents, umma and Subin are here.

 

“Where's Misun?” I ask concerned. She is an early riser, especially with an event as important as this one.

 

“Her and Zico went ahead, they had to buy something last minute. They''ll met us at school” Misun's umma tells me.

 

“You look gorgeous”Misun's umma tells me with a real smile.

 

“Thank you” I reply with a smile as well.

 


“Let's get going, I want to find good parking an seats” my umma says, interrupting this sweet moment.

 

XXX

I am making my way over to find where my seat is located when Misun and Zico stop me.

 

“Hyuna unnie you look stunning” Misun exclaims, very cutely.

 

“You look adorable as usually” I say smiling at her youthful pastel color dress.

 

Zico is looking at me without saying anything. He is wearing a striking all royal blue suit with semi-fitted pants that stop at the ankles, along with white shoes. But the most shocking part is that his hair is black.

 

“You look alright” I tell him. He gives me a smirk.

 

“Thanks Hyuna, you look elegant for once” he says with a second hand compliment. I roll my eyes playfully.

 

“Let's go sit down, it's almost time” Misun says checking her phone.

 

We take our seats. Misun is close to me since our last names are close according to alphabetical order. But Zico is sitting near the back. I don't know his last name, now that I think about it. He's the kind of guy that goes by one name and doesn't talk of his real name.

 

Two girls sit beside me that I've rarely seen are making small talk with me as we wait. But I'm distracted thinking of the future, my college entrance exam score was decent, not good enough to get into an elite university.But maybe good enough for nice liberal arts college. That'll probably make my umma mad. As I wait to go up on stage I think of the year I've had...


A/N Living Paradise is almost complete