Smiles

Living Paradise

I straighten my tie in the restaurant's restroom, for what seems like the hundredth time. I sigh, I've put this off for so long that I'm sure this blind date will end in total disaster. Nervous doesn't quite cut it, I gather my courage and walk out the restroom. I locate the hostess and she then begins to escorts me to the other side of the restaurant. We make our way across the perfectly arranged tables. We're near the tables by the windows, when a very petite women with chestnut hair catches my eye. She stands up with such elegance that I wonder if this a dream.

 

“You must be Hyunseung-ssi. I'm Park Hee Young. It's great to finally meet you” she bows and bow back.

 

“There's no need for honorifics, you can just call me Hyunseung” I tell her as we sit down. She nods. We open our menus, the restaurant around us is buzzing as we remain quiet. After a while Hee Young breaks the silence.

 

“I have to be honest with you. This is my first blind date. I don't know how this works or what to talk about.” she confess. I instantly feel relieved to know we're in the same boat.

 

“I'm new at this too” I inform her. I then notice how beautiful her delicate smile is.

 

“How about we take it slow and get to know each other. No expectation and no awkward conversations.” she suggests. She looks at me and it that moment her eyes fill me with something I've never felt.

 

XXX

I lay in bed, remembering earlier tonight. I deeply smile at the thought of Hee Young. I've never been so comfortable and laughed so much in my life. I close my eyes and falls asleep smiling.


Long time no read! I'm back once again and this time I will finish this fanfiction. It's summer and I will have more time.