Wine

Living Paradise

Hee Young is preparing galbi. While I toss a leafy salad. We've been seeing each other lately. Probably even more once our short summer break starts. I start setting the table when the salad is ready. Hee Young is a pretty good cook. I have to admit it, this might work out. It's to soon to tell. We sit down at table.

 

“Do you have any wine?” Hee Young suggests eagerly. I think briefly.

 

“Yoseob bought me wine to drink with steak but I've never opened” I explain as I get up.

 

“This is the perfect occasion” I say smiling.

 

I'm looking for the wine in the cabinet when someone rings the door bell.

 

“Are you expecting someone?” Hee Young asks.

 

No. But I don't reply. I'm temped to not open the door. I set the wine down as I make my way to the door. I don't look through the peephole because I won't open the door. The bell rings again I take a deep breath as I unlock the door and open it.

 

Immediately Hyuna walks in, talking.

 

“Hyunseung I don't know why you've been so cold lately. I've been really trying to be less amazing. But you're been ignoring me. I don't know w...” her voice trails off as she looks behind me.

 

Her worried face turns icy, angered. Her tones changes.

 

“So this is why, you're been a douche to me” her voice full of disbelief. She moves past me.

 

“Who the hell are you?” she says through gritted teeth. Hee Young doesn't say anything.

 

“You're leaving me for some rich ” her eyes wild. They land on the wine.

 

I move slowly towards the table as she picks up the bottle. I hold up my hands, Hee Young moves away from Hyuna.

 

“Hyuna please don't do this” I plead softly. “We can't be together I'm your-” she cuts me off.

 

“Shut up! You knew that, so don't act like we weren't anything” she looks at me disappointed, then at Hee Young.

 

“Now you” Hyuna smashed the bottle against the table, sending debris everywhere. Hee Young jumps.

 

“Hyunseung is mine so back the hell up” she threaten Hee Young with the broken bottle. She starts walking away, towards me.

 

“ you Hyunseung” she waves the bottle in my face. “Have fun with her but I know she can't satisfy you like I can” her voice so controlled like nothing happened.

 

She continue walking to the door. At the door she turns around.

 

“See you at school Mr. Jung” her voice sings. With that she leaves.

 

I finally breathe. Hee Young rushes towards me. She doesn't say anything as we stand there. All I can do is stare where Hyuna left. I'm officially screwed. 


A/n I appreicate all the comments and subscribers. Thank you and keep on reading. I'll try to update once a week.