Pleasant Dream

Living Paradise

 

Without a second thought I knock on the door. It's a bit a late and I hope to not intrude. Moments later Ms. Choi appears looking startled.

 

“Hyun ah” she begins.

 

“Good night” I say bowing, nervous. I continue before she has a chance to turn me down.

 

“Ms. Choi I am sorry for coming at these hours and in this state. But my umma has closed the door on me. And I have no where else to go. Please be kind enough to take me under your roof. I promise not to be a burden and help around the house. And-” she cuts me off.

 

“Hyun ah, you know I love you like a daughter so quit the speech and come in. It's cold.” she says smiling.

 

I step in to the house grinning and feeling warmth that I have never felt with my own mother.

 

“Sit down sweetheart, I'll make us some tea” she tells me with a the same cheery voice that Misun has.

 

A couple of minutes later she return with her china tea set. She begins to pour my tea and I watch the hot streams fanning out like stress.

 

When she hands it to me, she hold my hands gently like a mother would.

 

“Hyun ah your umma called before you came. She said she wanted to be informed that if you were to show up on my doorstep. She sounded very calm, but I know that's how your umma is” she stops talking and looks deeper into my icy eyes with her warm eyes.

 

“What do you want me to tell her?” she asks not breaking the contact even when we hear someone coming down the stairs. Nor do I.

 

“Please don't tell her I am here for now, I plead you!” I reply gripping her soft warm hand. I realize that we are still holding the tea cup not even burning our hands.

 

“Ok then. Now that is settled why doesn't Misun take you to her room or our guest room you always stay in. Your choice” she says letting go and getting up. Not touching the tea cup still sitting on the tray on the coffee table.

 

When I look at Misun. She points to herself. “ME?!” she asks surprised. I get up and reach for my suitcase but Misun quickly rushes to assist me.

 

“I got it unnie” she tells me.

 

We make our way up the stairs and I automatically go into the guest rooms. Misun follows.

 

Once I settle in, she begs me to retell the argument. I unwillingly confide in her.

 

After I tell her what happens, she gives me a long tight hug and without saying anything she leaves. Knowing that I would want to be alone. But in a time like this I don't want to be.

 

XXX

As I am getting ready to turn off my lights to go to bed. Ms. Choi walks in. She doesn't knock. She knows very well that I hate the sound.

 

“Hyun ah I just wanted to wish you Sweet Dreams. And I wanted you to know that I called your umma back to hell her I nor Misun have heard from you” she pauses. “We'll leave the house at 7:30 just so you know, but I bet you already know that. Good Night she says. Starting to close the door behind her.

 

“Thank you. Good night and please wish Misun, your husband and your new daughter a good night for me” I say remembering all the people who I will be living with. “I'll them” she assures me. She bows slightly and so do I. After she closes the door. I turn off the lights, darkness surrounding me. I lay back down in bed and pull the covers over me and for the first time in years I fall into a pleasant dream.


A/N

Thank you for being patient. I have been really stressed out lately. Trying to get a normal sleeping pattern for school (in two days). i hope this wasn't to un Hyunaish. She will be back to her regular self soon. Oh yeah my mom called her pretty and i was like oh really? Anyways "Would you let Hyuna into your home?"