Hallways

Living Paradise

My footsteps are drowned out by the loud talking of boys and girls. As I enter the building I see graffiti on the walls, people making out and a boy being shoved into a locket. I should break it off since I am an adult figure but why have them hate you on the first day. Great a typical high school.

 

I past by the trophy case. I quickly count the trophies. 33 in total. I sigh only two new ones. I'm getting ready to turn around when I feel someone's hand slap my . I turn around and face a girl with heavy makeup. Her cleavage all out like it's on display.

 

"May I help you?” I ask trying to be polite. She checks me out, her lips that are already glossed up. “New are you now?” she says stating the obvious. “Yes and no. I am a former student and now I'm back to teach” I explain. She looks at me almost in a confused manner. I push my way pass her since she probably stand there for a while.

 

I look back after a couple steps. She is still standing there. The bell rings over head and she finally moves again. She smiles at me. “See ya. Hope you are my teacher” she winks at me and disappears into the crowd of people rushing to their homeroom.

 

I make my way to the main office. I walk in. The office smells of cheap paint and cold coffee. The secretary looks like she is on her mid 30s. Young but ruined from students. She looks up from the computer screen. She gives me a grim face. “May I help you sir?” she asks. I glance at the clock on the wall.

"Yes, I need my room assignment” she looks at a stack of papers and sigh.

"Name” she says. I straighten my back. “Jang Hyunseung” I say. “Great you're the last minute replacement teacher, Mr Cha wants to personally take you to your classroom since we have moved some rooms around.” she gets up. I notice she is relieved that she doesn't have to look through that big pile on her desk. Which is crazy compared to actually getting up.

 

After a couple moments she returns with middle aged man who seems happy to see me. He looks familiar. “Hyunseung” he says happily. Instead of greeting me through a bow he pulls me into a manhug. “You haven't changed one bit” I look at him carefully. It's no other the Cha Minwu my ex-chemistry teacher.

 

I laugh, I won't be in my old school alone. “I hired you right away when I saw your request for an interview and application quite impress for someone of your age. I knew right away that I must hire you, being the best candidate.” he explains. “No wonder, I thought it was odd there would be no interview just a simple call.” he laughs at my comment while patting my shoulder. “Of course I would take the risk for my favorite and best chemist” he say all cheery.

XXX

He leads me away from the office onto the second floor. He explains to me that this is a watch group. Where they could be in AP if they tried but they don't. Through out the day I will get anywhere from at risk students to average students. No AP until I earn seniority.

 

As I open the door to my classroom, I can hear the loudest of the students that I hear from all the way down the hallway. Even when we enter they do not quit talking. Principle Cha “quiets” them down.

 

 This is Mr. Jang he will be your homeroom teacher and your literature instructor for the year or if you do worst on your exams you repeat this grade all over” he says threatening them in a jokeful manner. After introducing me he leaves with my new students.


A/N

Hey everyone thank you for readin my first chapter. i hope it was pretty good. i was updating as much as i can. Please support be by commenting or subscribing. Make my natural frown turn rightside up.