Sehun (4) Summer Job

EXO Scenarios/OneShots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every year you would spent your summer by having a summer job, helping out in an elderly home and this year as well you applied in the hope to help them out again – and of course they’re glad to accept your offer. You’d help out on the same floor every year and every time you came back there were still the same people living there. You never once had to say goodbye to one of them – until this year. Only one week into your summer job and one of the older men who lived on your floor had to move to a nursery home, you and your colleagues not being able to provide the care and help he needs.

To occupy his room there’s a waiting list and on top of that list was Ms. Oh. Little did you know her moving in would change your summer.

Every Wednesday evening and Sunday afternoon Ms. Oh’s grandson would visit, and with time you find yourself looking forward to those days.

-x-x-x-

Getting ready to go to work you make sure your make-up is perfect and your hair looks neat. When you hear the clock strikes two your eyes shoot wide open, realizing you have a bus to catch and grabbing your bag on your way out you can’t help but check yourself once more in the mirror – working a late shift on Wednesdays are on of your favorites and the reason you’re checking yourself in every reflection is no surprise either.

Oh Sehun is visiting his grandmother, and for some reason you’d always blush pink whenever he’s around.

In all the summers you’ve been having this summer job, Sehun is the only one you saw on a regular base. Never saw you a grandchild spending this much time with his grandmother – and it was touching. He often came alone, but there were times he brought a friend along and they would take her out so she could enjoy the beautiful weather outside.

“Oeh~ someone’s looking pretty today” one of your co-workers, Soojin laughs.

In your rush you almost bump into her – with every blow you needed to check your hair in a reflection causing you to miss your bus and you just came in on time.

“It’s Wednesday already?” she teasingly asks, watching your cheeks redden.

“Shut up” you mumble under your breath, passing her so you can put your bag and coat away, mentally preparing yourself for a nervous shift.

-x-x-x-

“We’re going downstairs for a while, they need our help there. You’ll be able to handle it, right?” two of your colleagues ask as you take a look around in the shared living room. Most of the elderly are in their rooms, watching television or their family are visiting so it’s far from busy tonight.

“I’ll be fine” you assure them with a nod.

“Call whenever you need help” they say before they head for the staircase.

“I will!”

You inhale deeply and exhale, trying to calm your mind down. It’s almost 7 o’clock and there’s still no sign of-

“Ah!” When you turn around you see Sehun’s been standing behind you, scaring the living daylights out of you.

“Oh hi!” he exclaims out of panic, not intending to scare you. “It’s just me” he chuckles awkward.

For a moment you try to catch your breath and give your heart the time to slow down – although you doubt it ever will, seeing Oh Sehun is standing in front of you, the one who never fails to make you blush and nervous.

Because of the startle you and him both don’t notice his hands resting on your shoulders which he put there to prevent you from stumbling and falling.

“I-I uhm.. Hi” you stutter, mentally scolding yourself for your stuttering and dumbness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter