Emblem

Officially Insane (Sequel to: I'm Not Exactly Miss Simple Either...More Like Crazy)

"So you're trying to tell me the reason I'm having these dreams is because I'm being haunted?" I clarified. Zhao Tian and I were trekking through the swamp as we talked.

"Well you could put it that way." He told me.

"So what do I have to do now?" I asked him.

"You have to channel your thoughts and control your mind first." Zhao Tian explained.

"And how the am I supposed to do that?" I asked.

"You have quite a foul mouth for a pretty lady." He commented. I growled at him for the umpteenth time since I had met him.

"It's because people piss me off." I told him.

"You must learn to channel your anger into something more positive." He said. "Now put your anger into a ball." He instructed. I did I was told and closed my eyes. I managed to push all of my anger into a little ball. When I opened my eyes the shrubs and trees in front of me were on fire.

"I destroyed them." I said quietly.

"it's alright.Nnow you must learn to extinguish that ball of fire before it leaves your body." Zhao Tian told me.

"Dragons are destructive so how am I supposed to channel innocence?" I asked him.

"Have you ever played with water or air before?" Zhao Tian inquired. He flew up into the trees above us. Suddenly a blast of wind shot at me. I got blown back into another pond nearby. I couldn't even stand up as the water created a whirlpool and me in. Just as soon as it started, it ended. I found myself on some grass again, hacking up water.

"What the was that for?!" I screeched at him.

"To see if you could handle those elements. it seems as if I was right. Fire may be your forte." Zhao Tian smirked at me. I scoffed.

"I'm here to find out why I'm having weird nightmares not to play Avatar the last airbender." I told him.

"By exploring these elements your are learning more about yourself. You're not a spiritual one are you?" He asked me.

"Not really. I always left everything up to science." I said.

"Can science explain this realm? Can science explain the guardian spirits? Can science explain........me?" Zhao Tian questioned.

"Nothing can explain any of this. Am I ever going to be able to go back home?" I asked him.

"Once you enter your spirit realm seeking something, you cannot leave until you retrieve it." He explained to me.

"Okay then. So explain to me how I can go about doing that." I said.

"I'll accompany you as you vanquish your inner demons." He told me.

"Zhao Tian.......did you say........DEMONS?!?!?!" I shrieked. He tackled me to the ground just as a blast of fire shot through the trees.

"Shhhh or they'll find us." He hissed. He pulled me up and stood close. "They know you're here but they don't know where you are exactly. Let's keep it that way." 

"What do I do?" I asked him.

"Vanish them." Zhao Tian said as if it was that simple.

"How the am I supposed to do that?" I panicked. He gave me a small smile and pulled me in for a hug. I blushed as he traced the tattoo on my back through my shirt.

"Close your eyes." He demanded. "Think of yourself and me. Do you see our emblem?" He asked me. I nodded with my eyes still closed. The elaborate design in my mind was intriguing. It was me on a throne with Zhao Tian in his dragon form entwined around me. He was blazing with a bright orange aura. I looked fierce as well. Together we looked unstoppable. According to Zhao Tian this was our emblem. I was quite satisfied by it, but what did it mean? I opened my eyes and fixed Zhao Tian with a wise gaze. "You're already gaining power from it I see." He commented.

"But what does it mean?" I asked him. He held my hands in his and smiled at me.

"It means that I'll always be by your side.