Forbidden

Officially Insane (Sequel to: I'm Not Exactly Miss Simple Either...More Like Crazy)

The birds chirping and sunlight streaming inbetween the curtains woke me up the next morning. I turned around and groaned into my pillow. I rolled around a little more before deciding to get up. I took a quick shower to wake me up. I wrapped a towel around my body and hair then went back to wake Jun up. "Yah Park Junyoung!!!" Pali ireona!!!!!" I screamed. His eyes fluttered open the second he heard my voice. Unlike me he yawned and got out of bed gracefully. On his way to the bathroom he nodded in my direction. I scoffed when he closed the door. "How is that guy more feminine than me?" I huffed and went over to my backpack to get dressed.

"Hee!" Jun screamed. I rolled my eyes and went over to the bathroom. I didn't bother knocking as I barged in. He shrieked like a little girl.

"You called?" I said.

"You should knock!!" He told me.

"Shut the up and tell me what you need!" I screamed. 

"I forgot my towel." He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"So what? Just come out. I've seen everything there is to see." I left the bathroom ignoring his request. I continued to get dressed as I waited for Jun to come out. Soon enough he peeked around the bathroom door shyly. I motioned for him to hurry up. He nodded and scurried over to his bag to get his clothes. I laughed as he stumble over the strap of his bag and fell on his face. 

"You're so mean!" He shouted. I just kept laughing as he pulled himself up and frowned at me.

"Just get dressed. We still need to eat something before we head out." I told him. He nodded and threw some clothes on. I envied guys. They didn't even take 5 minutes to get dressed while us girls needed an hour. 

"Kaja." He said pulling on his backpack. I did the same before looking around the room to make sure we didn't leave anything. When we were sure we didn't leave anything behind, Jun and I headed down to the front desk. Once again the shifts had changed and another lady was there now. We handed her our room key to checkout. When she was done, she bid us a good day. Jun and I nodded and headed over to the breakfast place. We quickly ate the complimentary breakfast before heading out. As we stood in front of the hotel I glanced at the Forbidden City walls apparent in the distance. 

"That's it." I told Jun and pointed it out to him.

"If it's called the Forbidden City then why are people allowed in?" He questioned me.

"How the am I supposed to know?!" I said.

"Nevermind. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and started walking. As we got closer to our destination, the bad feeling in my stomach intensified. It didn't help that the skies darkened as well. I could sense a storm coming on. "Relax." He whispered in my ear. I tried to do as he told me but I found it quite impossible the closer we got. In the blink of an eye we were now standing in front of the Meridian Gate, the southern entrance to the Forbidden City. I paid for both of  us to enter. From here we still had to pass through Tiananmen and Duanman.As we walked further in, I educated Jun on the history of this place.

"Understand?" I asked him.

"Neh." He replied looking around in fascination.

"Don't get too excited 'cuz it's time to get down to business." I told him. His eyes darkened as he nodded. 

"I'm scared. This place isn't giving me a good vibe." He said. I agreed with him. Even though the place was swarming with tourists you couldn't ignore the dark aura originating from the center of the city.

"We have to find the monk I saw in my dream......." I told him.

"Only then will we be able to rest in piece." Jun finished for me.

"Exactly." I said and with that we set off towards the outskirts of the Forbidden City in search for the truth that would set us free.