With Love 13

With Love

 

It was a boring day for Baekhyun as he took the bus to nowhere. His mind was filled with So Hye. He took the bus for an almost an hour and he finally alighted. The place was familiar and strange at the same time. Taking a few more steps, he was outside Sunshine Orphanage.

Baekhyun breathed the air in and sighed. How much he loved this place and how much he hated this place. * Those kids should received  their gifts already by now… * He thought and took the first step and he stopped again, just right outside the gate.

He shook his thoughts away and step into the compound. He walked past the reception, totally ignoring Miss Kim at the counter. She looked up with her eyes wide open. ‘ omg. Is that byun baekhyun? What is he doing here? Did Miss Park send him back? ‘ She muttered.

Baekhyun walked along the corridor, walking past the canteen. He didn’t have much memories of the canteen because he seldom come down to the canteen and eat with the other kids. He then walked slowly towards the director’s office and found that he wasn’t around. He sighed. The director was like his father but he wasn’t around to see Baekhyun that day.

He headed upstairs to where the hall, the bedrooms and the playrooms were. Laughters were heard, some were talking. They were all gathered at the hall as usual and were receiving valentines’ day gift. Baekhyun would always hide in his bedroom or his favourite playroom with the window. He left and walked towards the bedroom section.

The caretaker, Miss Jung looked up after giving out the presents and saw Baekhyun. * Omg Byun Baekhyun? What are you doing here? * She thought. She was happy to see him again.

He walked along the corridor outside all the bedrooms and stopped at the last one. It was his previous bedroom. * I hope nobody uses it. * He thought and pushed the door open.

To his surprise and shock, someone had already moved in. The bedroom he used to live in didn’t change much. ‘ he must be one of them at the hall. ‘ He muttered and closed the door and left. A little girl ran towards his direction and bumped into him. She fell on the floor and started crying.

‘ hey… stop crying.. ‘ Baekhyun hissed softly. He hated people who cry.

He picked up her candies and her pink present box and gave it to her. She stopped crying. ‘ Kamsahamnida oppa.. ‘ She sniffed.

It was the first time that someone actually called him oppa at the orphanage. No one dared to talk to him or play with him. He gave a small smile.

‘ are you hurt? ‘ He asked.

She shook her head and smiled, wiping her tears away. ‘ whats your name Oppa.. are you new here? ‘ She asked.

‘ baekhyun…byun baekhyun.. w..whats yours? ‘ He asked. It was also the first time he had actually asked for someone’s name.

‘ Kim dasol imnida ‘ The little girl smiled.

Baekhyun helped her up and she waved goodbye. He headed to the playrooms. The one he loved it very much. The only playroom that has a window. His favourite spot. The door was opened. He took a deep breath and went in. To his disappointment, there was a little boy, almost about Baekhyuns age when he was brought to the orphanage, was sitting near the window. That same spot where Baekhyun loved it very much.

* damn… that’s my spot..my place…my territory… * He thought and cursed mentally. He rolled his eyes.

‘ why is he sitting there alone… why don’t he play with the other kids.. that’s my place.. ‘ He muttered under his breath.

‘yeah ask yourself that byun baekhyun! Nice to see you again ‘ Miss Jung spoke. She had been watching and following him after she saw him walking past the hall.

Baekhyun sighed. He had been noticed. ‘ Leave me alone Jung.. ‘ He hissed.

‘ we missed you.. especially the director. Not long after you left, that boy was sent here. He was totally like you. He doesnt mix around, doesn’t play with the others and always sitting at the window, staring out like you always did… Miss Kim and I had thought that maybe he was the one that God sent for director. Haha ‘ Miss Jung stated and kinda laughed.

‘ who the hell he is.. that’s my place, my spot, my territory.. ‘ Baekhyun hissed.

‘ well its not yours anymore… even your bedroom.. its his now.. anyways byun baekhyun.. here’s your valentines’ day gift.. we didn’t forget yours ‘ Miss Jung smiled and handed him his gift.

He walked into the playroom, towards the boy. ‘ hey kid.. that’s my spot.. ‘ He hissed. Miss Jung stood outside the door and just smiled. * the old original Baekhyun and the new ‘ baekhyun ‘ ... * She thought.

The boy didn’t even look back. ‘ Leave me alone.. ‘ He said coldly. Baekhyun was surprised at how he said the same thing that he did back then. Now too.

‘ I said that’s my spot.. you should get your up and leave.. ‘ Baekhyun snapped.

 

The boy turned around. He was angry. His eyes were cold. ‘ I said leave me alone… ‘ He shook his finger and hissed coldly. At that moment, Baekhyun saw himself. It was like his mirror image. He felt familiar and yet distant. That boy didn’t even bother to ask Baekhyun his name, and sat down again, looking out of the window. Miss Jung smiled. ‘ Byun baekhyun.. the cold mighty baekhyun has lost.. ‘ She mumbled. Baekhyun clenched his fist and stomped out of the playroom he used to love so much. He hated even more now because of that boy.

‘ you know how we feel right now do you.. That was you.. ‘ Miss Jung spoke and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder.

‘ what’s that dude’s name.. ‘ He asked.

‘ Kim Nam Jun. ‘

Miss Jung made bread for the boy after Baekhyun left. “ That teenager just now was the owner of this place.. of course he’s the owner of your bedroom. He used to live here just like you. You looked totally like him. Your behavouir..everything.. He loved this playroom so much because it’s the only room that has a window… he would always sit here like you and stare out of the window..  nobody wanted him..nobody wanted to adopt him. He had given all hope but until one day.. there’s this beautiful angel came to Sunshine Orphanage and adopted him. “ she shared with him.

‘ Why are you telling me this.. ‘ Namjun hissed.

‘ Incase.. you’re curious about him.. he wanted this spot like you did right? The way he spoke..his behavouir… ‘

‘ Who’s curious about him. Leave me alone Jung.. ‘ Namjun hissed and rolled his eyes.

She smiled at how the both of them called her Jung. She took the bread and left, smiling.

* Beautiful angel? So.. he was brought home by a beautiful angel… will my turn come? Oh please.. no such thing as angels in this world.. * He thought.

 

 

The sun set. It was a tiring day for Baekhyun. So Hye was out of his mind for awhile while he was at the orphanage. He took the bus home and took the usual route. * She should be back by now.. * He thought and walked up the flight of stairs. His eyes widdened when he saw So Hye sitting at the top of the stairs, infront for the café. Her head rested on the railing and she was drunk. Beer cans were scattered beside her. Her face was stained with tears.

He ran up as fast as he could. ‘ Yah… are you alright? ‘

* why is she crying… * Baekhyun thought. Where did the smiley So Hye go to.

He took the beer off her hands and threw at away. He helped her up and carried her in. He called up Minhee and asked her to change So Hye into comfortable clothes. ‘ Happy valentines’ day… noona.. ‘ He whispered. His gift was still in his pocket and he decided not to give it to her first. * Who made you cry like that.. * He thought and went out of her room.