With Love 1

With Love

 

The sun shined brightly in the sky. Cars drove past in a rush and the wind blew. It was as usual like any other days. A few cars stopped by at Sunshine Orphanage as usual. They came to adopt children into their families. Smiles were all plastered on their faces.

He sat near the window and stared out. * Its never gonna be my turn.. Nobody wants me.. * He thought and sighed.

Some of  the kids were playing paper balls in the room, throwing here and there. Laughters were heard and they were happy. One of the paper balls flew across and hit him on the chest. He turned around, staring at the kid who threw it. His eyes were cold.

‘ s..sorry I didn’t mean it… ‘ The kid stuttered in fear.

Before he could say anything, the caretaker came up and the boys down for lunch. He rolled his eyes and continued looking out of the window. The caretaker shook his head and sighed and left him alone.

A black shiny car drove along the street and finally made a turn into Sunshine Orphanage, parking it at one of the slots. A lady came out of the car and walked into the building. Something caught his eyes. It was the car and the lady. * Why is she alone? Who is she? Another rich woman I supposed.. * He sighed.

She entered the office with a smile and took her sunglasses off.

‘ May I help you? ‘ The assistant asked.

‘ Im Park So Hye. Im here to look for the one. The one that I can bring home and give him/her lots of love. ‘ She smiled.

The assistant nodded with a smile and brought her up.

‘ What kind of children are you looking for? Im Miss Kim by the way ‘ The assistant asked.

‘ I don’t know… we’ll have to see later.. ‘ She smiled again.

His stomach growled. He was hungry but he wouldn’t leave the room. All he did was sitting beside the window and looking out. * I’ll grab something to eat later… * He thought and closed his eyes for awhile.

Smiles were on her face as she walked through the building. Almost all the children were having their lunch. * They’re all so cute… * She thought. The assistant shared a lot of things with her and introduced some of the children to her.

‘ There are about 100 children in total here and almost everyday there will be one of them adopted home. There were 96 of them today ‘ Miss Kim said.

‘ All 96 of them here at the canteen? ‘ She asked politely.

Miss Kim hesitated for awhile. ‘ There are currently 95 here… one of them is upstairs. ‘ She kindly stated.

That caught her attention. ‘ Tell me more about the one upstairs.. ‘

‘ One of the oldest here and has stayed here the longest. He doesn’t gets along with people, doesn’t play with the other kids and he is always alone… ‘ Miss Kim stated. So Hye softened.

Miss Kim led her to one of the room and there he was sitting quietly beside the window. Something told her that he was the one. She smiled and entered the room with Miss Kim.

He opened his eyes as he heard footsteps coming in. * Please leave me alone whoever you are * He thought. Little did he know that it was the lady that caught his eyes.

‘ He is the one I am going to bring home Miss Kim ‘ So Hye stated with a big smile.

‘ Are you sure? There are many other children here. You can pick any of them… ‘ Miss Kim was alittle surprised that you chose him.

So Hye nodded. He didn’t even turn back and take a look at his adopter.

‘ Pack your things now, you are going home today with Miss Park. ‘ Miss Kim spoke and led her back to the office, settling on the registration and filling the adorption form up.

‘ What’s his name? ‘ So Hye asked.

‘ Byun Baekhyun ‘

 

Yes. I am Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. The day has come and I am being adopted. Who the hell wants me. Nobody wants me. Home? There was no such thing called ‘home’. Everything was a lie. ‘Home’ Is just a lie.

A part of him didn’t want to leave but a part of him wants to get out of that damn orphanage. His legs felt heavier as he dragged himself out of the room to his bedroom. He put his jacket, wallet and a few sets of clothes into the bag, his only bag which he had with him from the day he was thrown into the orphanage. The caretaker escorted him outside of the office. ‘ Be good baekhyun.. There is finally someone who is willing to take you home.. We will definitely miss you especially the director. ‘ The caretaker stated, patted his shoulder and left.