Enslavement Contract

My Landlady

 

AMBER'S POV

 

“Sign it.”

 

You got to be kidding me.

 

 “Wait. Is this really necessary? I mean, you wouldn't need any written assurance since we have witnesses, right?”

 

Sulli, Luna and Victoria just shrugged their shoulders as I looked at them with pleading eyes.

 

After Krystal decreed my “servant” status, she went to her office and scribbled something on a piece of paper. She returned and handed the paper to a questioning me, telling me matter-of-factly to sign the so-called “enslavement agreement.”

 

“Jeez, really... Let me read it first, okay?”

 

Krystal nodded.

 

The other three craned their necks like giraffes, trying to catch a glimpse of what’s written. I tried to keep the document away from their prying eyes.

 

“Read it out loud.”

 

“What?!”

 

“You heard me.”

 

“Oh c'mon... No way! This is for my eyes only.”

 

I stuck my tongue out to the three girls who are now grinning triumphantly at the thought of also knowing what's written on the piece of  paper.

 

“I forgive your disobedience for now, since you haven’t signed it yet.” Krystal smirked. “But you won’t be excused afterwards. Luna-unnie, please read it for this dork.”

 

Luna immediately grabbed the paper from my hand and flashed a triumphant smile.

 

“Alrighty!”

 

The short girl cleared and looked at me mischievously. I tried to snatch the paper from her but ended up stopping myself as I was met with Krystal's signature glare.

 

“So, keke. Here goes. . .”

 

Sigh. 

 

"June 18, 2013... Ahem...ENSLAVEMENT AGREEMENT"

 

I can hear Sulli and Victoria snickering from behind.

 

"I, Amber Josephine Liu, do hereby agree to be Krystal Jung’s servant from this day onwards."

 

Why am I not surprised.

 

"I promise to do everything she asks of me, without questions and without complaints."

 

Gosh. That's unreasonable!  What if she asks me to do something illegal or immoral? I don't want to end up in a Korean prison. Hell no!

 

"Furthermore, I vow to refer to her as “princess” until this contract’s effectivity ends."

 

Well, I can live with that. She's so princess-like anyway. 

 

"If I violate the terms in any way, I will pay right away a sum equivalent to one hundred years of rental for her ten apartment units."

 

Woah. A HUNDRED years of rent for not only one but TEN apartment units? I'm in no mood to compute right now but that right there is a lot of money. I can't gather an amount like that with the salary I'll be receiving. I can't even secure a loan for such amount. Aissh.

 

"If I don’t pay, then I will be her servant for life."

 

My God. Help!

 

"Princess and Servant's name and signature." Luna is tearing up in amusement right now. 

 

Sulli and Victoria furrowed their brows. They only understood a few words.

 

Luna explained it to them, and they all ended up chuckling hysterically.

 

Me?

 

“Close your mouth, dork.”

 

I can’t believe it.

 

“Wait Krystal. When does the contract terminate?”

 

“Depends on you.”

 

“Beg your pardon?”

 

“If I’m satisfied with your services, I’ll tear the paper myself.”

 

“So when will that be?”

 

“I said it already dork. Until I’m completely and utterly satisfied. Got it?”

 

Damn. What have I gotten myself into?

 

 

After I signed the paper, very slowly and  hesitatingly I might add, Krystal took it from me and locked it in her safe.

 

That marked the beginning of my living hell.