Drink or Dare

My Landlady

 

AMBER’S POV

 

My sister was mistaken.

 

Yes. I do have praise-worthy abilities when it comes to memorizing and remembering the names of people I just met, but she failed to take into consideration that its Korean names I’m dealing with here. My heavily ‘English-ized’ brain will not find it too easy to process and save their earlier introductions.

 

I was only feigning confidence earlier, which, as you can see, only made matters worse.

 

“So… You ready Amber? When you’re ready, begin. Start from left to right, okay?” Luna said.

 

“Anyway, to give you a heads up, I’ll reveal the two rooms that are still unoccupied as of date, since the boarders there had left a couple of days before you arrived. Couldn’t pay the rent anymore. So… The vacant rooms are no. 1 and 3. The rest are up to your guessing.” She continued.

 

“Since you already know Sulli, Victoria and me well, then all you need is guess where we’re staying.”

 

“I already know. I saw you and Sulli enter room no. 8, and Victoria is at room 7.” I stated proudly.

 

“Great. Geez. Now all you really need to figure out is the seven ladies you just met here.”

 

Sulli and Victoria gave me a thumbs up. At least they’re cheering for me. I don’t know about the seven new girls though; their stares seem life-threatening.

 

“So, all you need to guess Ambie is who occupies rooms 2, 4, 5, and 6. Piece of cake.” Jackie muttered with a scoff.

 

“Yeah… Piece of cake.” I replied, glaring at her.

 

“Don’t force yourself, Amber. I’d really prefer that you do the dare.” Yoona remarked.

 

“You’re Yoona.” I told her. She’s the one seated right next to me on my left side.

 

She smiled.

 

“I know you’d remember my name. I did leave a lasting impression on you.”

 

‘Yeah. Because you look like Krystal. You said so yourself.’ My mind grumbled in response.

 

“*cough* I don’t think you have any roommate. So… Room no. 2?” I asked.

 

Of course I’m just taking a wild guess here. There’s definitely no level of certainty as to where they are rooming and as to who they’re sharing a unit with, except for their names.

 

“Wrong.”

 

I knew it.

 

Yoona suddenly grabbed the bowl of Appletini and looked straight to my eye mischievously. I gulped hard when I saw what she did next.

 

She spat at my drink.

 

She spat.

 

Her saliva is now mixed with the drink.

 

I am mentally cursing right now.

 

“Wh-why did you do that?”

 

She simply shrugged her shoulder.

 

I looked at everyone else and they all have this blank expression on their faces, like spitting in a cocktail drink is the most common thing in the whole wide universe.

 

I need to get the next name right. Gosh. These girls are beasts in disguise.

 

The one after Yoona, I clearly remember the name. Well, it’s plain obvious really, since she seems not to have finished eating yet.

 

“You’re Sooyoung, right?”

 

“Right” was her reply, still busily munching some fruit-flavored cookies in .

 

“I think you’re rooming with Seohyun and Sunny. Coz you three seem really close.”

 

She scoffed, some crumbs of her food sprayed out . Geez. Real lady-like.

 

“Really?! How did you figure that out?”

 

So my answer is right. Truthfully though, I just came up with the deduction because their names start with the letters ‘S’. Hahaha.

 

Seems I am also good at remembering even completely foreign names. I mentally pat myself on the back.

 

Speaking of my back, I took a glance at my sleeping landlady behind my chair, her face hidden with the back of her forearm.

 

“Yah! How did you figure that out? You saw us three came in a room?”

 

“No. Just because. Hehe.”

 

“So it’s safe to assume you know who Seohyun and Sunny are?”

 

I pointed at the respective individuals.

 

“Hey it’s disrespectful to point your hand at somebody!” Sunny blurted.

 

“So where are we rooming?” Seohyun asked.

 

“You do know that if you get the room number wrong, we’ll still be spitting in your drink right?” Sooyoung wriggled her eyebrows. Seriously, I swear some of those crumbs have landed in my face. I wiped my face and grimaced.

 

“Room 4.” A wild guess, again.

 

“WOAH! How on earth!” Sooyoung shouted. Everyone, me included, braced for cover. I bet some of those cookie crumbles have been added to my drink. Damn.

 

Before she can open to say something again, I proceeded to the next person.

 

“You are…”

 

She’s, I remember clearly that she’s a dance instructor like Victoria. I just forgot her name. I forgot. So much for praising myself earlier. I opened my mouth and left it hanging open for some seconds before I closed it in defeat.

 

“You forgot. Bwahaha! No need to guess. I’m Hyoyeon. I’m rooming with nobody. Haha. Room no. 5 anyway.” She answered for me. Before I could complain, since I was so sure that maybe I can conjure her name correctly with a lucky guess somehow, she heaved a y breath and spat at the Appletini. Two mixture of stranger salivas on the poor drink.

 

No way I’m drinking that. Now I’m totally going for the dare.

 

“God that’s just gross.”

 

Everybody laughed. Even the sleeping landlady gave some sort of appreciation-like grunt from behind. What is the princess dreaming right now? I couldn’t imagine.

 

“Next. Victoria, Sulli, Luna…” They raised their hands in response. “Then, umm..” She’s smiling. Her eye-smile is indeed captivating. “Tiffany.”

 

The midget beside her and next to me on my right scowled.

 

“And you’re the midg---um. Hehe. Taeyeon.” Yey I remembered!

 

They all waited for me to continue.

 

“So… Since Yoona has no roommate and she’s not in room 2; Sooyoung, Sunny and Seohyun are together in room 4; Hyoyeon is in another which is room 5…” I delivered my findings like a boss. “That means Tiffany and Taeyeon are living together in one room, which is where I guessed wrongly that Yoona could be, so room no. 2!” I had a proud smirk in my face. Good deduction, Amber. Good job!

 

The two are not amused, however.

 

Before I recovered from my ‘pleased-with-my-brilliance’ state, the two went for the cocktail bowl and spat together.

 

My grin dissolved into thin air.

 

“WHY DID YOU?!”

 

“You cheated.” Taeyeon stated emotionlessly.

 

“I DIDN’T! That was pure analysis from my part!” I replied strongly. I can’t believe they did that when I was not mistaken at all.

 

There’s no way I’m drinking that unsanitary liquid now. I might get infected with a virus or something. Yuck!

 

“I’m going for the dare.” I firmly declared.

 

Sly smiles crept on their faces.

 

“Okay, since you asked for it. If you don’t execute this challenge, you have to drink the Appletini. We’ll use force if needed.” Luna said. “Our Yuri here is an expert in the martial arts.”

 

Yuri is indeed here. I looked behind to see her sitting in a chair beside the sleeping landlady. When did she come in? Ugh, never mind.

 

“Bring it on.” I bounced back.

 

“Okay. Wait. We’ll have a mini conference here, okay? Yuri, the earphones!” Taeyeon commanded.

 

Yuri immediately sprang to her feet and covered my ears with earphones. The music is blasting, like literally. There was a too-loud live rock music playing in it.

 

Yuri made me face the princess as the others talked among themselves about the dare I presume.

 

A few torturing-to-my-ears minutes later, Yuri pulled the earphones and apologized.

 

I heaved a sigh and turned around to see their smirking faces.

 

“The dare is, for you, Amber Liu, to dance on the stage...” Luna said.

 

Fair enough. I smiled in relief.

 

“I’m not finished yet.”

 

 .

 

“You will be dancing on the stage….”

 

. . .

 

“What!? No way!” I spat back.

 

“If you can’t, then just drink up. Save yourself.” Taeyeon teased.

 

“But b-but…”

 

“Drink or dare?” Everyone said all at once. “Drink or Dare! Drink or Dare! Drink or Dare!” The chanting was nonstop, their fists drumming the table in sync for effect.

 

I am in panic.

 

In my first day here, I almost bared my chest for someone I just met. Maybe I can handle dancing in front of them?

 

“We’re all girls here anyway Amber. No need to be ashamed. Just go for it! We promise you we won’t ever mention this event ever again afterwards. What happens here stays here. Haha.” Yoona commented.

 

All I know now is that I can’t drink something so disgusting since I’ll throw up for days surely. But dancing is just downright humiliating and awkward for me.

 

“It’s not like there’s anything to see, sis.” Jackie said.

 

Shut up, ex-sister.

 

I heaved a deep breath before I released a silent mumble.

 

“Al-Alright. D-Dare.”

 

“What? We didn’t hear you.” Tiffany asked playfully.

 

“I said I’ll go for the---”

 

Oh.

 

My.

 

God.

 

Oh my freaking God.

 

*Gulp Gulp Gulp Gulp Gulp*

 

The drink had been lifted by someone and is being swallowed unstoppably right now.

 

*Gulp Gulp Gulp Gulp Gulp*

 

Who. The. Hell.

 

My sanity snapped in an instant when the giant bowl came back in contact with the surface of the round table with a loud clank to reveal the face of the suspect.

 

“Wha- are you all lookin at? I wash sthirsty.”

 

Good Lord.

 

“Come on sh-servant, Imma continue *hiccup* sleep *hiccup* at my *hiccup* room.”

 

At that very moment, with an audible thump on the tiled floor, my drunk princess passed out.

 

I hurriedly lifted her bridal-style, my heart pounding erratically on my chest, towards her loft. Everybody else had their mouths hanging open and had frozen on the spot.

 

 

 

-----<3

Yikes. Krystal drank that.

That's just.

I. can’t.  *grimace*

Hello readers. How are you all?

Sorry this one's late. Been busy. I’m updating weekly from now on, arraso? I’m so sorry you’ll have to wait for some days. I just have to tell you beforehand so you won't expect a new chapter to pop out on a day to day basis. I just got employed so my schedule will, from tomorrow onwards, be filled with work work work. But I’m not abandoning this fic, so just wait patiently okay. *puppy eyes*

F(x)'s new hairstyles btw are jjang. So excited for their comeback. Yeeeyyyy!

Anyways, I have a new fic ongoing, “Oneshots and Whatnots”. When I don’t feel like updating this long fic of mine, (keke, but I will keep on updating this so don’t worry!), I will post some random short story there. I had already posted one so don't hesitate to read. keke. Feel free to drop by there and give me some love.  

Thank you for my one-hundred-twenty-nine wonderful subscribers, especially to those who make my day with their comments. Thank you. ^_^