No Choice

My Landlady

 

Amber’s POV

 

Damn! I’m standing here face-blank in front of the closed gate of the ice princess’ apartment.

 

Why, out of all places, did my older sister choose to live here? Aisssh. I’ll just stay somewhere else. I’m not going back there.

 

My phone suddenly started to ring.

 

Sis Jack-jack

Calling...

 

I pressed the answer button. Just then, the wheels on my head turned instantaneously. Wait! The landlady said that she’s on duty so no phones allowed. Damn it. I was played.

 

“Heeeeello Amber!” The cheerful tone on the other line added to my aggravation. I responded with a grunt.

 

“Hey sis, have you arrived at the apartment already? You didn’t get lost, did you? Did Yuri let you in? You’re a new face so she might have given you a hard time. Haha. Our place is amazing, isn’t it? I bet you were surprised. And oh, have you met Krystal, our landlady? I hope you were at your best behavior, little dino.”

 

Wow. Question overload. I’m having a headache right now. The landlady was the one who was not at her best behaviour, not me, sis.

 

Krystal. So that’s her name. Well, it’s a beautiful name which suits a beautiful lady like her. Hold up, wait a minute! No no no. She’s a Cruella de Vil. The name does not suit her at all. Period.

 

I started spilling all my woes to Jackie, sparing no details from the encounter I had with Cruella a while ago.

 

“Well... I don’t blame her, sis. First and foremost, you startled her with your scream. Second of all, you do look like a guy. She already had a hard time accepting our guard’s tomboyish look. Third, she’s really picky with her boarders. I admit the “show-me” part was a bit harsh, hehe. But at least she stopped you, right? Just look at the positive side. At least she didn’t drag you outside. Hahaha”

 

“I can’t believe it! You’re defending her and you’re laughing at me after everything that I said to you. I hate you Jack-jack.”

 

“Yah! Stop calling me that childish nickname. You know how much I hate it.”

 

“Jack-jack, Jack-jack, Jack-ja------”

 

“YAH!”

 

“Aissh. Okay, I won’t bother you anymore. I’ll just rent somewhere else. I can’t stand your cold-as-ice landlady. My head still hurts, you know. Maybe I should go there to have my skull scanned. Not only cold but also violent. tsk tsk”

 

“Oh. But you’ve got no choice, sis. The baggage you shipped ahead is now sitting in front of your apartment door. Krystal just texted me. Plus, mom and dad sent me money to pay for the one-month deposit and two-month advance of your unit. I already gave it to Krystal yesterday.”

 

, she’s right.  

 

“And would you really not want to be in the same place as me? I thought you missed me. Huhuhu.”

 

I sighed heavily.

 

“Alright, stop being such a drama queen. You’re forgetting one thing though. I still can’t enter, not without my birth certificate.”

 

“Not to worry! I have a copy of your birth cert, and it’s actually lying here in my hospital desk. Hehe”

 

“WHAT? How come?!”

 

“Ah just for evidence, no big deal. I just can’t help not to brag to my colleagues about how much my little sis weigh when you came out of mom’s tummy, you know. You were almost ten pounds. Bwahahaha.”

 

“I’m so going to kill you when you come back, Jack.”

 

“I know you love me too much. You won’t be able to do such a thing. Hahaha. Just sit back there and relax. I’ll be back before midnight bringing the paper with me.”

 

“As if there are seats here. Hmmph!”

 

“There’s a park nearby. Stay there and don’t get lost, okay?”

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’m not a child anymore. Wait, before midnight? It’s still 2 pm now for God’s sake. I can’t wait that long. Come home early, A.S.A.P.! Or just give me the directions towards the hospital. I’ll come over.”

 

“Sorry sis I didn’t hear you. The doctor needs me now. He’s calling me. Bye bye!”

 

She hang up. Great. Even Yuri is ignoring me when I’m asking for the hospital location. Cruella must have her tongue tied.

 

Alright Amber. Breathe in, breathe out. Let’s just cool our head in the park, shall we?

 

 

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Was I too hard on her? But she deserved it, right?

 

She startled me when she screamed at the sight of my face. How dare that stupid guy, er, girl! A lot of people think I’m cold and that my glare is scary but noone, I repeat, noone, has ever shrieked out of fear when they saw me. Just because I had baking flour all over my face thanks to a failed baking experiment due to my clumsiness doesn’t mean the case is any different. Urrgghh.

 

I was just really surprised when I heard her scream that's why my hands just reacted on its own and hurled the baking pan to her. She should have announced her presence or something so that I had time to wipe off my face. So it’s her fault, right?

 

But I guess I was really too hard on her. I feel kinda guilty because of my y conduct. I don’t really need for her to prove her gender since Jackie already told me about her being her sister. I know for certain her ID is not fake. She seems too naive and a bit childlike, smiling like a dork while I was checking her up.

 

I just didn’t expect she’d be a tomboy. Her beach-blonde hair is short unlike Yuri’s and her chest looks super flat. I bet she did not even need binders for that. Hehe. Her husky voice is not at all helping with proving her femininity. But I admit she’s really cute and quite handsome, for a girl, that is. 

 

Hmmmm. What to do? I can’t just let her in. I too have my pride, you know. Without that birth certificate, I still won’t  let her in.

 

Instead, I’ll just unpack those baggage outside and arrange her stuffs for her. I’m really good at organizing. I even did the interior design of my own loft, and led the renovation of the units. She’ll come in to an already furnished home with her things in all the right places. That should do it.

 

And maybe I’ll  add in that last chocolate cake slice as truce.

 

I’m so brilliant. Kekeke

 

Hours later... Sprawled on the sofa, dead-tired.

 

  • Her room - check!

 

  • Her things -check!

 

  • The cake -check!

 

 

For now, all I have to do is wait until that dork arrives.

 

Krrrrriiiingggg! Oops, telephone call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Miss Jung, it’s Yuri. Amber is here at the gate with Jackie. She has the document with her. No worries, boss. I have it confirmed. She’s a she. Shall I let her in? Jackie is already on her way to her unit.”

 

“Alright, let her in. Thanks Yul!”

 

“My pleasure, Miss Jung.”

 

Oh my God she’s here! She’s here! She’s here!

 

She’ll come here to get her room key any second from now.

 

“Do I look okay?” Oh now I’m talking to a mirror.  Why am I even panicking, anyway? It’s just that dork.

 

Remember Krystal, it’s just that dork.

 

 

-----<3

Another update for today! Love 'ya all.

Btw, for those who don't know where the name Cruella de Vil sprung from. It's from the lady antagonist of the Disney movie, The Hundred and One Dalmatians.  Don't know why I had her name involved, blame my hands for doing the writing. hehe

There are more characters coming up. I have 'fxband' tagged so expect Sulli, Luna, and Vic-umma's participation in this fic, plus a few others. I haven't introduced Soojung's lady boarders, have I? Coming soon. hehe

So stay tuned. ^_^

Ooooh, it's raining. Me drowsy. byeiieeeee!