The Outburst

My Landlady

 

Tired, hungry, and frustrated, Amber noticed that her shipped luggage weren’t in front of any of the apartment’s doors. Where had her stuff gone?

 

Despite the possibility that it could just be lying safely inside the landlady’s office for safekeeping, her mind automatically conceived an evil premonition.

 

Did Cruella throw it away? Considering her arrogant attitude, there’s no doubt she can do something like that.

 

Damn it.

 

She barged into the landlady’s loft without caring to knock or ring the bell or announce her entrance in any way. Besides, the room isn’t locked.

 

The loud opening of the door startled the lady sitting in the office. Her eyes went wide with the sudden intrusion and the evident fuming of the blonde-haired intruder.

 

“Miss Liu. Take a seat.”

 

Amber sat but kept piercing glares to the other girl.

 

“Here are your keys, and this document. It contains all the apartment rules, including the lease terms and conditions. Be sure to read and sign it. Submit it to me tomorrow.” Krystal tried keeping her composure, not flinching a bit at seeing the mad expression written all over the other girl’s face.

 

With her poker-face on she continued, intending to admit her fault and express a sincere apology to the other, “And about earlier, I’m so—”

 

“Don’t bother. I’ll be gone by tomorrow. I’ll look for another apartment.”

 

“--------------”

 

“Don’t worry, I’m not asking for a refund. Keep the money. That’s all that matters to you, am I right?”

 

Krystal’s jaw dropped. The tomboy can be truly scary when she’s really mad. But she summoned all her ability to keep her cool. She took a deep breath.

 

“As you wish. Uh so… Just take the key and stay for tonight.”

 

The tomboy grabbed the key and eyed her with such intensity that seems to draw all her cool out of her. Krystal cleared . This is making her extremely uncomfortable.

 

“You can go now.”

 

Amber suddenly stood up, her figure towering above the other.

 

“I’m not going anywhere yet until YOU tell me where the hell did you place MY belongings?”

 

. Is she angry because I touched her personal properties? Krystal thought to herself. But she had no bad intentions. She was just helping, and in a way, make amends for what happened earlier.

 

“I… I just put them where they belong.” She replied without looking up, afraid to meet the tomboy’s eyes, pretending not to be affected at all.

 

“Do you know what? YOU’RE UNBELIEVABLE! Have your parents taught you not to mess with other people’s possessions? Do you think you can just lie and make people do as you wish? I’m tired and frustrated and my head is still sore from the blow YOU gave me earlier. I’m expecting you to apologize to me first thing but WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO? Again you’re acting like a cold like nothing happened and you even laid a hand on my things! MY THINGS!”

 

“-----”

 

“What the hell! I don’t deserve being treated like this, not by some spoiled rich brat like you whose parents probably pampered a lot which made you this egotistic. Why are you even a landlady? I bet this is just one of the many businesses your family own, am I right?"

 

“-----”

 

"I bet your boarders hate you. I BET NOBODY CAN STAND YOU!.”

 

Amber is breathing heavily. All the stresses of the day boiled down to this, venting all her aggravation to a lady she just met. It took the tomboy a few seconds to realize, however, that perhaps she went too far. She didn’t mean everything that she just said. It was like lightning struck her when she saw that Krystal is shaking uncontrollably and the latter’s eyes were shedding tears.

 

Oh my God. What have I done. This is not right.

 

This. Is. Not. Me.

 

Her anger vanished to thin air. She could not understand why but seeing the other girl crying sent a dagger through her heart.

 

“Krys…I’m. Im sorry. . I did’nt me—”

 

“Get out.”

 

“I really didn’t mean to—”

 

“I SAID GET OUT!”

 

 

----<3

Uh… Please don’t kill me.

Trust me on this one please?

Next update coming in a little while. (hiding under the table to dodge your flying objects)