This Is War

My Landlady

 

“What were you two doing?”

 

Ailee unwillingly got up from her sitting position and approached the visitor with arms laced across her chest and a perfectly-trimmed brow lifted. It’s a no-brainer to figure out that she’s very, VERY, annoyed.

 

“Why the sudden intrusion Miss Jung?” Ailee spat back.

 

“I asked a question first. It would be polite to answer me first Miss Lee. What were YOU doing?” Krystal retorted, the iciness in her stance and in each of her uttered syllables exceedingly evident.

 

“Well, it would have been polite too, Miss Jung, if you didn’t break in OUR door without notice. You should be taught the courtesy to knock.”

 

Krystal puckered her brow at the remark, or insult, more likely.

 

“I’m the landlady of this apartment and I can go check in my units and boarders anytime I want. You are still new here and--”

 

“But it doesn’t give you the right to mind our business when it doesn’t even concern you.” Ailee cut off.

 

The two ladies faced each other like warriors in a glaring combat, each armed with burning lasers from their source of vision. Amber stepped in between the two and stood in front of her obviously mad landlady.

 

“Princess, w-we weren’t doing anything, really. We uh, were just talking.”

 

Ailee took a step forward, not liking what she heard.

 

“Princess? You call Miss Jung ‘princess’, Amber?” Ailee asked irritatedly. “She got a name right? Krystal, isn’t it?”

 

Amber was about to turn around and explain, when Krystal grabbed her wrist, rather forcefully, and pulled her away. Amber just let the lady drag her out the door without so much of a glance or a word to the fuming new boarder. The sudden touch, no matter how far from gentle, was enough to make her mind blank and throw her in a daze.

 

‘Her hands are so soft, so soft. Is this? Omo. She’s jealous?’ She thought happily to herself.

 

Krystal, on the other hand, looked very infuriated at the scene she just saw moments ago and how her new boarder boldly talked back at her.

 

‘If I wasn’t just in time, then this stupid might have gotten intimate with---ugh!’ She couldn’t accept the thought and its making her even more furious that Amber had given her the cold shoulder hours ago.

 

The moment they both stepped outside the unit, two figures were waiting and giggling to each other. They heard the commotion inside and they were quite amused by it.

 

“What are you laughing at?” Krystal asked threateningly.

 

“Nothing! We were simply waiting when you’ll be calling us in, you know. Right?” Yuri replied, giving the guy beside him a hearty shove.

 

“Yeah... Hi Amber! How’s the project going? Seems like it’s working perfectly. Bwahaha!”

 

“What project?” Krystal asked, still holding Amber’s wrist tightly while the latter is throwing warning looks to the amused Key.

 

“Ah, just a project from work princess.”

 

“Shut up. I’m not talking to you.”

 

Amber hung her head down like a child having just been scolded by her parent, while Krystal resumed to pulling her all the way towards her loft.

 

Key laughed even louder.

 

“Yah! Stop laughing Kibum. Let’s get to work or I’ll kick your off this apartment. Tch! Don’t know why Miss Jung requested for your help when I could handle this on my own.”

 

“No you can’t missy. I’m still stronger than you. Come on let’s get started.”

 

--------------

 

 

 

Ailee’s POV

 

Calming myself down through taking deep breaths, is absolutely necessary. After Amber left with her, without even trying to free herself from that woman’s grasp at all, that woman she’s fondly calling ‘princess’, I knew right there and then, that I actually have one formidable adversary.

 

Inhale. Exhale.

 

Formidable.

 

That girl is definitely scary when she’s angry. Good thing though, I have my witty tongue with me and a bravado that can level hers well.

 

Inhale. Exhale.

 

Adversary.

 

She likes Amber too. I can see it. I’m not blind. I can feel it. I’m not dense. I can tell just by looking at how mad she was earlier. She just saw me about to--

 

Darn it!

 

I already felt the start of fireworks exploding inside my head and the defeaning thundering of my heart as I moved closer and closer to her in order to close the distance between us, but that brat just picked the right timing to go ‘check’ on us.

 

I’m not stopping, though, until I get what I want.

 

And I’m wanting Amber Liu even more. No Krystal Jung can hinder me. Nobody can.

 

Knock. Knock.

 

“Amber?”

 

I opened the door expectantly. I knew it. She’s going back to apologize for just leaving me here without saying anything.

 

 “Miss Ailee, right? Hi. I’m Yuri, the security guard, you know? And this is Key, a good friend of Miss Jung.”

 

I was terribly disappointed to see another person, no, two persons’ faces standing outside Amber’s apartment door.

 

“Okay. So why are you here?”

 

“Oh. Left out that part. Haha! We’re here to take out your bed and to replace it with these.”

 

She pointed at her back and I moved my head to look at what she’s referring---------TWO. SINGLE. BEDS.

 

“Landlady’s orders.” The guy named Key said to me as he walked past without asking any permission at all.

 

Okay. This is war.

 

I’m not losing without a fight, though.

 

For I also got tricks up my sleeve. 

 

 

-----<3

Yey I updated again! hehe. Thank you for my new subscribers for hitting that subscribe button! ^_^ And for you avid readers whose comments make my day, maraming salamat po.

This author is still not feeling well but thanks for your concern, to those who wished me well. I'm in for a heavy work week again. *sigh*

Hope all is well with all of you! Be right back okaaaayyyyyyyy~~~