So Damn Close

My Landlady

 

Krystal slammed the door to her loft with a loud thud, her left hand still gripping my wrist tightly that it’s starting to hurt a bit from the pressure.

 

“If she gets angry for no reason at all, especially after she sees you with somebody else, then she’s a hundred percent jealous!” Key’s words repeated inside my head and I felt my mouth curve into a sly grin.

 

I should feel really frightened right now since she’s fuming from anger and all, but I feel the opposite.

 

I’m quite enjoying seeing her like this, since if that diva’s theories are right, then my princess is just being like this because she is jealous. I had to be sure, though. I need confirmation so badly.

 

Krystal is letting out heavy breaths and I can see she’s very upset with what happened earlier. She had seemed to zone out so I grabbed the chance to pull her hand away from clutching so hard on my now red wrist. Instead of letting her arm go however, I held her hand in mine instead and squeezed it gently. Her face turned to look at me and I could tell she’s feeling uneasy with my action. She tried to pull her hand away from mine but that only made me hold unto hers firmly.

 

“Stupid!” She heaved and threw me another glare which is supposed to scare me off but it didn’t, fortunately. My grin still didn’t leave my face and I can tell she’s annoyed with it.

 

“What got you so worked up, princess? I was just talking to my new roommate and you just suddenly barged in. I thought you don’t want me to bother you anymore.” I teased, running circles on the back of her palm with my hand. She flinched.

 

“Did I tell you not to bother me? Stupid.” Krystal mumbled. My grin widened.

 

“You didn’t. But you were ignoring me these past few weeks and I don’t like it.” I lifted Krystal’s chin so she could look straight to my eyes as I said what’s been haunting me for quite some time.

 

She tried to step backwards, but I locked her by pulling her even closer to me with my palm at the lower slope of her back.

 

“Tell me, princess, why were you so angry earlier when you saw Ailee about to kiss me?” I asked, purposefully leaning in close to her flustered face. There’s no use beating around the bush when you want to be certain once and for all.

 

“N-nothing. I was just. I don’t like her.” She whispered, her eyes darting from my orbs to my lips. I saw her gulp hard. 

 

“Why don’t you like her, Krystal?” I edged on, now calling her by her name, gauging her response expectantly. I leaned closer until I can feel her breath on my face. Her scent is beyond intoxicating. Shivers ran to my spine as her hand moved up to my shoulder and she placed her palms on the upper part of my chest, very tentatively.

 

Time seemed to go on a standstill. My heart is pounding so fast and so loud I thought I'll pass out that instance.

 

Her eyes did not leave my lips. My head feels light and dizzy by having her so near me. I leaned an inch closer and she did not back away. She closed her eyes instead.

 

"Krys..."

 

'Bang!' The door slammed open.

 

“Amber baby!”

 

Baby? I am still in a deep trance that I failed to react at the intruder’s gleeful shout. 

 

Krystal went rigid and roughly shoved me away. 

 

"What were you--?"

 

Krystal cleared and I still couldn't keep my eyes off her, dumb-struck at what transpired between us. She avoided my eyes though and settled on facing Ailee.

 

“It... It seems you don’t know how to knock too, Miss Lee.” She snapped groggily.

 

“Well, I’m here to get my roommate, if you don’t mind. She said she’ll help me unpack.” Ailee replied irritatedly. I bet she saw everything for even just a fleeting moment. Our flushed faces couldn’t hide what just happened, or was about to.

 

Damn.

 

Why does she have to break in?

 

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

 

 

My body feels so sore right now.

 

The bossy Krystal Jung is back, and she’s more demanding than ever.

 

It’s already past ten in the evening and I’m in need of sleep but she’s still not letting me out her loft without finishing my job.

 

Ailee was silent the whole time we we’re unpacking. She seemed to be in deep thought and then said she’ll be going out for a while after sorting her things. I didn’t ask her where she’s going or try to explain the scene she saw earlier with me and the landlady. I am too immersed in my own thoughts too.

 

If Ailee did not interfere, would Krystal Jung and I, the princess and the servant, be kissing? That would be too good to be true. Would Soojung even let me do it? But she was staring at my lips so intensely. Damn it! I kept sighing the whole time.

 

As soon as Ailee left the apartment after we’re done with her things, Krystal, once again, appeared out of nowhere and dragged me to her loft.

 

I happily complied, thinking that maybe we’ll be continuing where we left off earlier, but no. I ended up being reprimanded for "failing-to-do-my-servant-duties" and right now, as punishment, she's making me rearrange her furniture to her exact specifications. My arms and my back freaking hurt like hell.

 

“Princess, can we just put off the other stuffs for tomorrow? I’m so tired and sleepy already.” I whined, massaging my arms to relieve the weariness a bit.

 

She lifted her head from the book she’s reading and glared at me menacingly.

 

“You want to sleep?” She asked.

 

“Y-yeah. I really need to rest princess. I still have work tomorrow. I’ll be going now, okay?” I pleaded to her.

 

“You’re going to take a shower too?” She asked again, emotionlessly.

 

“Uh. Yeah. I’m all sweaty so...” Why the hell is she asking me this when it’s plain obvious.

 

“Alright, go grab some clothes and come back here right away.”

 

I’m not sure if I heard her right, but did she just ask me to return? But why? I am scratching the back of my head.

 

“Why are you still standing there, stupid?”

 

“Uhm. You told me to come back here?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But why?”

 

“Stupid. Because you’re going to take your shower at my room, and you’re sleeping here.” She said casually.

 

-

 

-

 

-

 

“Hi Miss Lee, where have you been? It’s late already.” Yuri asked as she opened the gates for the lady boarder. The latter is carrying some large paper bags containing God-knows-what and she seems to be in high spirits.

 

“Just bought something from somewhere.” Ailee replied, smiling. Yuri can’t help but admire the lady’s oozing charisma.

 

“Let me help you with that.” Yuri offered like the gentle woman she is.

 

“Thanks Yuri.” Ailee gratefully handed her some of the load she’s dutifully carrying.

 

“I wonder when you’ll get initiated.” Yuri mumbled on the way to Amber’s room.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“Nothing! Forget it.”

 

“Oh I thought you said something. Alright, here’s my door. Thanks again, Kwon Yuri, for helping me. You’re such a sweetie.” Ailee beamed at her, grateful that somebody helped, even though she was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t Amber who lent her a hand. She wondered whether her roommate is already asleep by now. She hoped not, though.

 

Yuri, on the other hand, melted at the words.

 

Jessica had never been a sweet talker. She doesn’t give out praises. She doesn’t say ‘thank you’ and her ‘I love yous’ are uttered once in a blue moon, meaning very, very rarely. However, one word from the icy lady and Yuri won’t hesitate to wait on her, hand and foot. That’s how submissive she is. She doesn’t mind how scary Jessica can get. She’s a softie on the inside. It may not show but Yuri knows it too well.

 

Everything is simply worth it with Jessica, no matter how infrequent her smiles or how seemingly inexistent her aegyo, for she is still, for Yuri, the epitome of perfection. Jessica Jung is the only one who can make her heart beat like crazy with just a simple touch or a mere stare.

 

“Hey Yuri, are you okay? You seemed to have zone out.” Ailee asked amusedly.

 

“Oh. Haha! I’m good, Miss Lee. Goodnight then.”

 

“Goodnight too.”

 

Yuri’s mind drifted to her cold princess on her way back to her quarters. How she wished she’s here with her right now. They barely see each other and it’s irksome for her to sneak out just to meet the girl.

 

She heaved a sigh while gazing at the starry sky before retreating inside her room, alone and yearning.

 

 

 

 

 

-----<3

Goodnight! Sleep tight. *yawn*